“A home away from home”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Winnipeg, Canada
“A home away from home”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I spent 4 nights in July while on business and really enjoyed my stay. The suite was probably bigger (and nicer!) than my first apartment! Due to the hotel being very full, I actually stayed in two different suites and both were great. If you can get one facing the water, be sure to enjoy the views from the balcony. Continental breakfast was included in my rate and was just right for me. The other huge bonus of this property is location - walking distance to many restaurants and shops and even a small grocery. I did not get the chance for a stroll by the lake, but definitely will do more exploring next time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a lake view balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kamsack, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I choose this hotel for our wedding venue after considering many other options within the GTA. We liked its proximity to the lake and views, the area in which the hotel is set was also another plus (Port Credit, and all the restaurants/pubs/coffee shops, etc), and the rooms and staff were also positive. So the hotel is in a nice area that you can walk around and enjoy.

In terms of the rooms - I stayed in two rooms over the weekend, a single suite and a penthouse suite. Both rooms were fine - clean, well furnished, nice balconies overlooking the area. The penthouse was slightly larger - the living area, not the bedroom - but it certainly didn't 'wow' me. It was comfortable and spacious...but as I said it just didn't 'wow'. Staff were fine - friendly, helpful and usually pleasant when we had to ask for help.

There were some behind the scenes issues that we had, relating to our wedding weekend. We had a billing issue with regards to the Sunday brunch, resulting in us being asked to pay a large amount of money. It took some phone calls, but we did eventually get it sorted out. We also had an issue with 1 of our guest rooms - we were told to clear it out, only for the hotel to later realize that the room was not actually booked that night and we didn't need to move anything out (I had to ask my groomsmen to clear out the room for me the morning of our wedding....really didn't need to deal with that). But again, these were issues behind the scenes that my now-wife and I were aware of, but no one else.

Overall - it is a good property that is very well taken care of. The restaurant is also fantastic, we ate there all weekend. We have no regrets about having our wedding here and all of our guests who stayed at the hotel said they enjoyed their stays as well.

A big thank you to the staff at the Waterside Inn for being so attentive and helpful during our wedding weekend.

RL

Room Tip: High floor, balcony facing the lake.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a nice stay. I took my husband there for his early 40th birthday present. As I had booked an early morning fishing charter, so I thought we would go for a three day weekend. I picked this hotel because of the waterfront view and the location for our early morning charter. When I called I asked for a nice view of the water. They put us in a room over looking the parking lot and the lake was far off in the distance. When I asked for a room change it wasn't a problem because there was a cancelation. Make sure when booking that you ask for a harbor view. Our room had a kitchen ( which was also pre planned, but there was no supplies, no soap, paper towels or anything to cook with. I guess since we own a timeshare that I assumed supplies would be included. If you book a resident suite you should ask in advance what they supply you with in the kitchen if you plan on using it to make any food. The staff were friendly and the food was good in the restaurant. We had our breakfast included with our stay. Our room was nice but needed a little tlc. Shower leaked a bit and the patio stones were loose on the balcony a couple of spots could be touched up with paint. Again great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012
Waterloo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We purchased a &199 Wagjag deal for 1 night at the Waterside Inn in Mississauga. It included 2 drinks(about $20), free parking($7), 1 hour of bicycling and 2 breakfasts($40)Food was great.
We were given the penthouse suite which was open concept living/dining and kitchen with washer /dryer, a full bathroom and a seperate bedroom. Quite elaborate.The small deck was the only thing that could have used some attention(bird droppings ont the chairs)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I wanted a special overnight, away from the city, where my husband and I could just gaze on the lake in comfort amidst good food and pleasant surroundings. I requested a disabled access room facing the lake. I got neither!
We arrived when it was a very windy, rainy day. It wasn't clear to us where to park so we went in a spot at the back (for staff?) but apparently were supposed to be in a lot across the street. Went up an incline (me with the walker) to enter, stumbled and almost fell near the entrance. A busboy out on a break took a look, turned and went the opposite direction so he wouldn't have to help! Yes you read that right! I was stunned at the lack of concern for another human being. And yes, he really did see it, no mistake. When we entered the hotel, the desk person told me to go back outside and move my car to the lot across the street. This, in terrible weather, me looking frazzled after the fall and obviously not able to do too much! I refused, explained that no, I wasn't up for that, that I was disabled in case he hadn't noticed, and then he got surly with me. I asked if he was going to have my car towed and he refused to tell me! Good start, right?

The room was not what I had ordered; I mentioned that. It was a beautiful room in a beautiful hotel. I should have just gone home then but the weather was so bad, we decided to stay and tolerate. The dinner was wonderful, the staff excellent. They restored something to the experience.

At checkout, I told the desk person that I'd had some difficulty with two of her staff members. She smiled, said oh sorry, well have a nice day. Pointless! They only want to hear the good stuff. The measure of any service is when something goes amiss, people are willing to listen and at least attempt to do something about it. No attempts made here. It really is so unfair to all the other employees there who were working so hard to do a good job. Actions of 2 tarnishes the whole.

Room Tip: If you request something, confirm it before you go! And go higher if you want quiet; weddings are n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dianne S
Toni F, General Manager at The Waterside Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Diane.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not quite meet your expectations: most specifically in how you felt on arrival. It is through feedback like yours that we can take effective steps to continually improve our service. I was glad to read your impression of our Restaurant and that how that helped improve your overall experience with us.
Please contact me directly if you choose to visit us again and I will attend to your reseervation requirements personally.
Sincerely

Guy Ratchford
Waterside Inn
gratchford@watersideinn.ca
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was there on a confrence for three days and two of those days there was NO AIR CONDITIONING in the rooms, confrence rooms....anywhere. it was hell. check before you go that the air conditioning is on when you go because I guess they have to turn it off from time to time because of the permanant residents that live there (no idea why it was off but check first)

Great location...near some really cute resturants, water and harbour. I had the pleasure to run part of the amazing waterfront trail. The rooms were great and very comfortable with the balcony over looking the water.

Would be a great place to stay if you are in the area :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Weld

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Unfortunatly there are short periods of time in the spring and in the fall that provide air conditioning challanges when we transition. We have reviewed our procedures and have implemented changes for this coming fall and will review the success of those changes at that time. Reviews such as yours help us immensly in identifying the items that are most important to you in providing an exceptional experience. Thank you for reccomending us and please let us know when you are returning to the area.

Sincerely

Guy Ratchford
gratchford@watersideinn.ca
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2012

After coming back from a Caribbean Cruise & not wanting vacation to end I booked a residential suite @ this awesome Inn - I was on the 11th floor in a corner unit. It had a window in the kitchen overlooking the Toronto Skyline - yes, CN Tower view & Lake Ontario. The living room had ceiling to floor - wall to wall windows that opened to a large balcony facing Lake Ontario and Snug Harbour on my right. Was entertained by Cormaran & Sea Gulls in the a.m. What a show! The bedroom also had a window and the COMFIEST bed I've ever slept in. Beautiful furniture and headboard also. It is carpeted but otherwise It has Dark wood in the living area and a Persian rug in living room. Laminated floors in entrance, beautiful bathroom & kitchen. Kitchen has combined washer/dryier, dishwasher, full size fridge & stope and a microwave that featured a fan, light and several cooking options of one touch press. Kitchen has modern white cupboards & a douple sink. I just loved cooking my daily meals in this open space - open lake view. Comfy sofa & chairs plus a desk area for computer laptop or writing area facing the lake. I absolutely loved my 4 day stay - It was very clean in the unit - very modern & spacious. Quiet & Peace was mine to have - much appreciated. The website claims that it is a fully equipped kitchen however they promptly brought me things that I required on two occasions. All the staff were friendly, professional & accommodating. The only complaint I guess would be that the balcony needed cleaning or bug webs and windows had not been washed yet this year - This stay was in Mid May - off season rate - I'm sure they plan to clean it real soon. Highly recommend this little piece of heaven. Oh yes... Took lots of photos/videos of sunrises! Wish my photos were downloaded... I would add some here - maybe later... ENJOY!

Room Tip: Get a corner unit that has a window in the kitchen and a floor on or above the 7th.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple