“OASIS OF DETOXIFICATION AND RELAXATION”
Review of Steamul Sauna

Steamul Sauna
More attraction details
Owner description: Check it out! Russian Banya with wood burning stove, Finnish Sauna, Turkish Steam Room, cold water swimming pool, hot tub, cold water buckets, cozy rest rooms, restaurant with home style traditional Eastern European food, etc. $31 (HST included) will get you a bath robe, towels, tee, drinking water, etc. We have big screen TVs, free pool table. There is no time limit during business hours.
Toronto, Canada
“OASIS OF DETOXIFICATION AND RELAXATION”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great place to release stress and worries. If you want to feel like a baby and don't want to feel achy and stiff visit Steamul Sauna. Steam and dry heat does the trick. Not to mention great home made food and a nice Russian beer or vodka to complete the experience. Great value for the price. I visited the place with my family and would recommend it as a family destination.
Mar

Brampton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Every bit as awesome as I had hoped”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been missing a traditional wood-burning steam sauna for many years now. When I recently moved into the GTA, I met a Finn who told me about this banya. My daughter (who has been missing sauna for years as well) and I made pilgrimage to Steamul on ladies' night and we came away delighted and refreshed.

First impression - coming in the door the unmistakeable aroma of hot cedar and steam welcomes you before you even step across the threshold. The lobby is clean and our host is welcoming and helpful. The signage and staff speak in Russian and English - very helpful for those of us whose Russian is minimal.

The restaurant menu is full of traditional choices. We opted for a bowl of borscht - excellent choice, appetizing presentation, full of lean chunks of beef and all the other hearty goodies that were a perfect start to the evening.

The ladies' change room is immaculately clean. Hairdryers and grooming aids are thoughtfully provided, right down to the flip flops you will need to withstand the very hot(!) floor of the banya itself. I had not thought to bring my own but in future I will. Soap, shampoo, several clean towels and a robe are also provided. Also you will not need to bring a lock, since the lockers are equipped with RFID activated locks with chip keys that you pay $1.00 deposit for. Very convenient.

The common area is large and very clean and comfortable, with many chairs, chaises, couches and tables. Every aspect of your health and social experience appears to be carefully thought through and planned. Several types of tea and cold water are on hand for rehydrating. The regular patrons were kind and helpful.

The banya itself is quite large, and was quite hot by the time we got there at about 7pm. Temperature was above 100C - excellent! The smaller banya was about 85C -also very good! In our opinion, there's nothing worse than a lukewarm sauna, so we were in heaven. The cold pool was 15C - quite bracing and the perfect counterpoint to the hot steam room. The water buckets are also filled with water chilled to the same temperature as the cold pool - great for knocking the sweat off before plunging into the pool.

We also tried the Turkish steam, which was interesting but not as much to our taste. We did not try the dry Finnish sauna because we both prefer to throw the water on the rocks and really get a good soak.

In all, an excellent experience that left us feeling immaculately clean and refreshed inside and out. We will be back as soon as we can.

2 Thank Christine M
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A very good sauna -- a nice place to try at affordable fees”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This facility has space and many amenities attractive to the patrons. Personally, I like to visit all four available types of sauna, including Finnish and Turkish ones. The bar has a choice of tasty dishes, and the prices are reasonable. A few rooms for relaxation (with pool, TV, etc) complete the picture; everyone can find a nook for a friendly talk or an after-spa slumbering.

2 Thank Olena A
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Part of our lifestyle”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We are the regular weekly customers of this Banya. We check all banyas in Toronto area, and trust us- this is the best one. There are several reasons to be the best: it is very specious and clean; all of the facilities are in working condition and operate well ( 2 Parilkas, Finish sauna, Turkish sauna; ice cold pool; pool room; restaurant); the owners are always welcoming and friendly; it is family oriented. They use the real wood for Parilka, and who knows the banya, those appreciate the difference. Come and see yourself!

1 Thank Julia K
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wanna rest, steam your chest”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Best sauna in Toronto I guess. Friendly atmosphere, traditional food, hot sauna and cold as ice pool will bring you to the heaven today. Best way to get away from everyday routine.

1 Thank Vadim K