“Not as good anymore”

Lotus Island Vietnamese Eatery
Ranked #411 of 1,743 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I used to love the service and food here. It's a different owner now and the food and service have gone downhill. I found a big black hair in my Pho yesterday and all they did was say sorry. They even made me pay for my hairy soup! I will not be going back. Lots of other good restaurants around to choose from.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a no-frills, family run, kitschy vietnamese restaurant. The tables don't all match the chairs, and it definitely isn't a date place, but the food is delicious, clean, fresh, and ample, the price is good, the service is fast and polite, and with few food choices in that particular area - around lakeshore and dixie, it definitely has a lot of options to satisfy all tastes. Definitely will go back again. Great little find!
(I recommend the vermicelli noodles with veggies and beef or pork - yummy!)

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've eaten here several times, and the food has always been incredible! Best pho in either Toronto or Mississauga. The portions are great, super fresh, and the prices are fantastic. My personal favourite is the Hanoi Style Grilled Pork Vermicelli (Bun Cha Ha Noi). Soooo good!
A real neighbourhood gem.

2  Thank AaronB75
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've been here a number of times and have had everything from the salad rolls (fabulous peanut sauce), pho and grilled meat. I love asian food and have eaten at many Toronto places. Lotus is always fresh and has lovely staff that treat my 8YO like a king. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Located on the lonely corner of Lakeshore and Dixie, this restaurant has tasty, simple food, with friendly service.
I usually get takeout but I ate there with my family the other night and the Pho noodles were great.
I don't always oder Vietnamese food there, since they have some good Chinese dishes as well; the GRILLED PORK AND GRILLED CHICKEN ON RICE and some GARLIC BOKCHOI, as well as some CHICKEN RICE NOODLES STIR FRY.
The portions are quite big (I am a 225 lb male who likes food) so three dishes is enough for 3 people. Don't forget the Spring Rolls.

2  Thank LongBranch34