“WOW! so yummyy!!!”

Casalinga Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Casalinga Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,718 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

So I took my finance here to celebrate his promotion at work. The ladies at a spa I used to work at raved about this place so I figured lets give it a try.

We started out with the mussels for us to share- DELISH! I am a sucker for mussels....anddd dipping the bread in the sauce after (which they gave us plenty of)

I had the ravioli and my main entrée, it was soo yummy and it was just the right amount to leave me feeling good.

My fiancé had the Margherita pizza and OMG the cheese on the pizza was AMAZING. I cant even begin to explain to you how good it was when I tried it. (I haven't even got to the best part yet by the way)

the finale, the crème de la crème of all desserts I have ever put in my mouth......

The Tiramisu....OMG was amazinggggggg I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then as a midnight snack.

The serves was great, very attentive waiters. (there were 2 that came to check to make sure we were happy, as apposed to the normal one waiter) which was kind of nice. The price wasn't bad at all either, after tip I walked out the door paying $88 (keep in mind there was obviously wine involved and the amount of food we ate lol)

The atmosphere is very nice too, its a small place, cozy with a warm homey like feel.

I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Casalinga and would proudly recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

1  Thank 658HappyCustomer

Reviewed February 21, 2014

There are people here talking about poor service and waiting. I have been there 4 times and never had these issues. The place is really small, about 50 people or less. AND it gets busy! I usually go for first seating on weekends. Reservations are recommended. And as with anything if you book for second or third seating you may have to wait if people don't leave!

So on to the food. Each weekend the chef runs specials. Like Osso Buco or Lamb Shank or Halibut with Buerre Blanc Caper Sauce. The specials are terrific! My Favorite was the Osso Bucco. But the Lamb I had was excellent as well and I don't normally like lamb. I could have passed on the polenta! I tried it again to confirm I dont like polenta! Staff is always willing to change your sides when asked or tweak your dish. Everyone enjoyed their foods everytime.

Deserts are very good as well. I love the Tiramisu and the crème brûlée.

Price are reasonable for the quality of food you get.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I chose Casalinga for my husband's birthday dinner because of the good reviews. The service was horribly slow. The food was okay.

It took the staff half an hour to get us our drinks. Another hour for our appetizers. Another hour for the entree. When we asked about the entree, the staff told us that the chef was plating the food (it took over 20 minutes to plate the food). I think they forgot about our order. When I told the owner about the service, he didn't believe us (there were 4 adults - why would we lie!). I would never go back there again.

4  Thank supermom2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been many times, since my introduction to Casalinga last summer. They never disappointment. Excellent, delicious food every time; great service as well. Reservations highly recommended!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Fried calamari amongst the best I have had. Excellent pizza. Penne ragu well made and tasty. Veal pizzaiola was moist and tender. Great wine list. Excellent service. My only criticism, you have to cook pasta in briny water. Definite repeat.