“great italian cooking without pretences” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casalinga Ristorante

Casalinga Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Casalinga Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,629 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
“great italian cooking without pretences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

a lovely attention to the customer and simply good food, with often changing menus and great special. A bit small locale, suggesting the need for reservations, but a very casual atmosphere and the feeling you are part of a small group of repeat clients. The food has been consistently good in our visits, no matter if a simple pizza or more elaborate dishes.
I wish they could add a double door to reduce winter drafts.

• Visited November 2012

Toronto
“Our favorite Italian restaurant in Mississauga/Oakville....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The service is always top notch and they take reservations. The restaurant is not very big so make sure you call ahead to make sure you get a seat as they get extremely busy for dinner. My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant every month since they have opened. Always make sure you ask for full details on their specials as they are always to die for, especially the lamb shank. The Ceasar salad is must for starters and the wood oven pizza is always spot on. Great experience for couples, families, friends, or a business dinner.

• Visited February 2013
Port Dover, Canada
“A taste of Italy .... in Mississauga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am going back (again!) to Italy and France with friends in May to hike the Amalfi Coast and cycle in Provence. I thought it would be good arrange a dinner with friends at Casalinga as a "prelude" to our trip to Europe.

I didn't want to drive to Toronto as traffic is always bad, so I did some googling and discovered Casalinga on the net and decided to try it due to favourable reviews.

I opted for the first dinner service (about 5:45 p.m) so it wouldn't be busy. I was wrong ... I could see most of the tables were occupied already. And into the night, people were lined up waiting for the dinner service. Casalinga is popular!

The food was great value for money. The grilled calamari and shrimps I ordered was perfection and the small salad with the reduced balsamic was fresh and light. I ordered the osso buco with risotto. And that was really a great choice. My friends were delighted with their orders of pizza and pasta. Servings were more than enough.

The one thing I will not forget is Joseph who provided great service. He was accommodating (he brought us one bill and we asked him to split and he did so right away), polite and friendly.

Definitely, this place is a must visit again and again, just like Italy and France!

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Italian Food without the drive to Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have now visited this restaurant many times and each time it has been an outstanding experience. I happen to like anchovies on my Caesar Salad but most restaurants no longer include the whole anchovy, just small pieces cut into the dressing (if at all). When I asked if they came on their Caesar they said no, but that they would be happy to add them for me. From experience elsewhere I expected that they would charge me extra, but they did not! I also asked for some on my pizza, and again no charge.

All of the pasta dishes that my wife and I have tried have been just as good as you will find in Italy. To top it all off, even the house wine is priced right and is of very good quality (both red and white). We liked it so much that we have taken many friends with us to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David S
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Italian Rest in Mississauga West”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had the pleasure of dining at Casalinga just before my wife and I left for a tour of Tuscany. I thought I'd be left with an impression of "North Americanized" Italian cuisine in time to be rescued by true Tuscan delights. I was wrong. Casalinga standards held up quite nicely to many of our Tuscan dining experiences. The staff was attentive, not overly so, friendly and with a very cheerful attitude. We were surprised on how small the place was when we came in but that should be no deterrent for anyone planning on visiting. The food is downright great and the staff and management maintain a most amenable and pleasant atmosphere. I’ve been to many (many) restaurants in the area and this place is very likely the best Italian restaurant going in Mississauga. Heck, it even rivals quite a few places in downtown T.O. that we have paid WAY MORE $$$ at and not had as nice a dining experience. The only problem is … everyone knows about this place and there is never an empty seat in the place (nice problem for them to have). Make reservations. A “must try” place for dining.

• Visited September 2012