“For the right price it is good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West

Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
GTA
“For the right price it is good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I know the area well and stayed at this hotel due to a great rate. The hotel was very clean and there was lots of parking. This is not an expensive hotel so there was a window AC in the room and the hotel is in the flight path so there is plane noise if you open the windows or go outside.

On the plus side, the staff service was excellent. Better than I have had at many more expensive hotels. They do guard their free continental breakfast pretty judiciously though.

Overall I'd say if you get a great rate, want to stay in that area, and don't need a high end hotel, it is a good selection.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Moncton, NB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived here, my taxi driver said "I hope you have quarters for the bed". I asked why he said that....then he said I'm sure it's fine. Well I checked in....went to the room...it was so heavily scented I had a coughing fit. Makes you wonder what they were trying to hide. So I headed back to the front desk to ask for a change. I walked past people who reeked of weed and a random Asian women peering out from behing a door.....her room was pitch black....I could just see her head.....freaky right? I get to front desk and tell them I changed my mind and I won't be staying. They tried to show me more rooms but I just wanted out. As I waited for another taxi 2 random people came in and started filling their pockets with cereal bars from the so-called breakfast bar. The front desk came over and told them to get out. That is when I decided I would wait outside in the -10 weather. ......at least they didn't try to charge me. I have never been so unnerved in my life.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank katlander
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

You need a place to stay in the Toronto/Pearson airport area? There are plenty of places closer to the airport. But if you've got a car, this is a nice place - a 10 minute ride from the airport - with a good selection of places to eat in the area.

Rooms are fairly new, very clean. Fridge & microwave. Downside: Lack of electrical outlets!! Try to find one you can use (good luck). Rooms and furnishings are nothing special, but the desk space is good (except for the aforementioned lack of outlets) and the flat screen TV is large.

Free breakfast - better than typical 'continental' (fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, cold cereal) - or order off the restaurant menu at cost. Bar restaurant is convenient but nothing special.

Special Notes: The 'airport shuttle' is operated by a 3rd party. Pick up from the airport is always slow (I've done it 3 times), but trip to the airport is always on time.
If you don't have a car, there are a few restaurants within walking distance: Tim Horton's, Hoops (sports bar), Wendy's, Olympic Grill (Greek) and a sub shop. Ramada Suites also has a serviceable restaurant.

Room Tip: The hotel can sometimes be in the airport flight path. Good news: it's pretty soundproof. No r...
1 Thank Jim M
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Monte Carlo while I was in Canada on business. The hotel shuttle collected me from the airport and we quickly reached the hotel. It was a late check in, which I found went smoothly and I was pleasantly surprised to find my room was extremely spacious and well appointed. WIFI was free, which was a tremendous bonus and there was adequate working space.

The breakfast was included and provided a good selection and there was an excellent upgrade menu.

All the staff, with whom I interacted were friendly and courteous. The managers Prit and Laura were also exceedingly accommodating.

Overall I felt that I this hotel ticked all the boxes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ReneeBarbados
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

So I have stayed here only because it was close to my business trip location, but this hotel is far from worth it. The rooms smell with a bad odor. Tv cables are fuzzy. My one room didn't even have a remote for the tv. My first experience there was crap. They lost my reservation originally and had to find me a room. The room was cramped and the carpet had stains on it. That morning I was taking a shower and the maid came in my room (even tho I had a do not disturb sign on the door). The wifi is horrible. I would cut out alot of times and the clerk at the desk was not helpful at all, saying it was beyond his help. And to top it off. The one floor I was on has a few girls come in and out of the adjoining room. I could here the sex throughout the day. This is a brand name hotel???

1 Thank Bill W
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Inn appears to be an older type in the Monte Carlos chain. I've stayed at others. You can tell that its been updated and repaired. My wife has asthma so we were quite conscious of odors in the room and the hotel. The room had that aircraft smell to it; you know the one when you board an aircraft. She had no reaction. The staff is very friendly and there is parking around the building. NOW THE BAD,,,I found the bed too soft. If you are use to a firm mattress you may have a problem. You can hear people in the next room talking. There was no fruit bowel for their breakfast as you would normally find at the other Monte Carlos. The breakfast room is small. It would seat six to eight people but you still can take your breakfast to your room.

Room Tip: For an overnight trip or two night stay I think this Inn is ideal.For a longer period you might want...
1 Thank Bruce M
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is nice and clean. A good place to crash. There is coffee and snacks downstairs in the morning. The price was very reasonable. However, there was a strong smell of smoke in my non-smoking room. And the windows cannot be opened to let fresh air in.

1 Thank John_2013B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Super 5 Inn
Stay Inn
Stay Inn
#59 of 137 in Toronto
4.0 of 5 stars 213 reviews

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Mississauga / Toronto West? Share your experiences!