“One step above a hostel”

Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West Suites
Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is off the beaten path and looks okay from the outside and the lobby is fair. The rooms are very basic and small. The bed was like sleeping on cardboard. This hotel was rated a 3 star on priceline and should be downgraded to a 2 star at best.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank zoomzoomguy
fricken, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

At this time I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment, as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate improvements where necessary. The Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West has recently been renovated adding a 4th floor of spacious suites as well as adding many amenites including (flat screen televisions, complimentary breakfast in the lobby, Internet Kiosk in the Lobby, highspeed throughout the hotel, Monte Carlo Inn Brand Mattress' - sleeping on a cloud).
Because many of our customers have different preferences, some enjoy the firmer mattress and others a soft one, we always urge our guests to call our Front Desk staff if they are not satisfied and we will do everything we can to make a stay more pleasant. Whether that be changing a room (if we have availability) or sending down a Housekeeping Supervisor on Duty to assit in your needs. We are in the hospitality Sector and our customer is our number one priority and we would like our hotel to be "your home away from home".

Once Again thank you for your feeback and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity for future accommodations, so that we as a hotel are able to restore your confidence in our services.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding recently and were beyond disappointed! When we arrived, our room wasn't ready, we were told it was and upon arriving at our room found the maid still in it cleaning and she said it would be another 30 minute wait. We waited in the lobby in a cramped corner with 3 tables, one with old food on it- so gross and unclean.
Finally when we did get into our room, the tv didn't work, the room smelled (even though it was a non smoking room) and there were no ice buckets in the room or by the machine. The front desk was less than helpful, stating "nothing I can do" and "not my problem". The vending machine ate our money twice, with a response from the front desk with "no key, can't help". Utterly disgusting and will never stay at a Monte Carlo again, especially with a $100/night price tag. What a rip.

Room Tip: never stay here
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LCB40
fricken, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time and giving us feedback with your experiences at our hotel. We at the Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West take pride in the high quality of cleanliness that our rooms have to offer. Often rooms are left in poor condition and our room attendants staff must take more time to make certain that every inch of the room is cleaned and sanitized. We do apologize for the wait however we are sure that customers would much rather wait a little longer and walk into a quality room as opposed to not. It is with our customer feedback that we are able to improve and better our service and product so thank you again for taking the time to write to us.

Laura Pedone
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Kids playing hockey in the hall, bathroom fan that sounded like a jet, uncomfortable bed, old bedding, inadequate breakfast... they have some work to do.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StellaJenny
Reviewed July 15, 2010

From my check in I was treated very kindly and it continued my entire stay! The rooms was great, clean and th ehousekeeping staff did a marvelous job servicing my room each day going above and beyond (you don't see that very often) Continental breakfast was perfect! Very Fresh items and the coffee was nice a strong! Highspeed access was great as well. Excellent Corporate rate, in centre of all the action and they will seer me back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank blueeyes172004
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We booked this hotel for a one-night layover on our way to New York and we really did get what we paid for (cheap price around $75). The hotel offers a $3 shuttle to and from the airport but was farther than we expected. The bed was quite hard, pillows were not comfortable and needless to say we did not have a good sleep at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank glamourgirlYYC
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed here three times over the last 8 months and I never will again. The place is a dump. The first time we were given a jacuzzi suite that had vomit from the previous guests on the carpet. Two different people came to see to verify we were telling the truth but it still took two weeks of phone calls to get anything done. We were given a free nights stay...in a regular room. That was fine. We figured all hotels have bad days. This time we were in what seemed to be the basement. Our room was small and cramped and damp but it seemed fairly clean. The evening was ok until our neighbours decided, at midnight, to have a screaming match that lasted for hours. This also involved slamming doors, things being thrown, loud bangs and I honestly thought someone was being hurt. We called the desk several times only to be told they were aware of the problem. They didn't do anything about it but they were aware. I didn't get any sleep because of the noise and I was quite nervous to even leave the room.

Regretfully we decided we would try one more time. We reserved a jacuzzi suite online. We printed the reservation and showed up at the hotel to be put in the wrong room. Fine, we'll deal. However this room had a huge wet spot near the wall. I asked for extra towels to lay down because I was not going to let this ruin my time. Apparently something next door was leaking. We turned on the jacuzzi...no cold water. I called and explained this to the front desk person who was very confused as to why that mattered. We had not cold water in the room. The water was scalding hot after running a short time and the jacuzzi could not be used. Two men came to check things out and could not figure out what to do. We were offered a room upstairs without a jacuzzi. But they said we could use a different jacuzzi the next day for an hour! That was unbelievable. I was upset by that point and they finally moved us into another room two doors down. This room was the one we actually requested. The one that was not available a few hours earlier. I asked them about this and they said that at the exact time I reserved it someone had called in and reserved it too. Even though we showed up and paid while the other potential guest did not they waited for the other person to show up because he knew someone there. Disaster. We were not given a discount for what happened. We were not given an apology. We learned a valuable lesson. This hotel is a dump. The people are horrible. The whole place is falling apart and we will never return. Do not ever go here. Staying over night in a tent would be better than this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chrissi_k
Reviewed December 5, 2009

When I'm on a business trip the main things I look for in a hotel are a good sleep, a good shower, and a decent breakfast; I don't feel like I got any of those. The room was a bit smaller than I expected but it was clean and seemed quiet at first. The fridge in the room kept me up half the night, which probably made me more sensitive to the events that followed. I don't know where they bought their shower heads from, or even if mine was an exception, but it was like standing under a pressure washer. The force of the water bordered on painful and a ten minute shower left me moderately deaf for a good half hour afterward. Breakfast was simple, just some bread, muffins, coffee, and juice, but that's really all I needed anyway. The breakfast area is just six chairs and three small tables off the main lobby, which felt pretty cramped after a bad night's sleep and a poor shower. When we dropped off our cards at the front desk, I got a lecture from the staff member about not booking the room directly with the hotel. Supposedly it cost everyone more money than it should, the booking service was profiting off me, etc... I tried to smile politely and back away slowly but in my sleep-deprived state I got into a stupid argument about it. The hotel was central to all the places we needed to visit, but next time we'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Rabidpotatochip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Comfort Inn Mississauga
Etobicoke
Stay Inn
Stay Inn
#57 of 137 in Toronto

Been to Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West Suites? Share your experiences!