“Awesome doubles!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome doubles!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My friends brought me here one day for lunch. They will drive from Hamilton to eat the roti and jerk chicken here. I was excited to see that they still have doubles available at lunch time (many other places run out in the morning). Not only were there doubles, they had meat doubles, which I hadn't seen before. I had both! They were great. They give you a choice of meat fillings for the meat doubles and I choose the curried chicken. They also asked how spicy I would want it and I found that this was great as I don't like mild, but I can't handle really hot. They came quickly and hot. I happily dug in and enjoyed every bite. My friends had the lunch special of jerk chicken with rice and beans. The prices are reasonable, the place is busy, and the staff were friendly. The parking lot can be a bit crazy, so I suggest backing into your spot.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank 35CanuckGirl

Oakville, Canada
“Heard about this place from word of month”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The only way to discover this place is by word of month. Let me tell you, it is the best home cooked West Indian food I have ever tasted. The chicken roti is delicious.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kelli H
Mississauga, Canada
“Havent had better West Indian food yet!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My mother in law hooked me on to this place a few years ago. Growing up I typically didn't try a lot of different food but this place opened my taste buds up to a whole new world.

A 5 out of 5 rating is unheard of in my opinion. A 4 out of 5 at least gives the places something to work for.

I think i have had or tried the majority of dishes here. Nothing here disappoints. Everything is good. Service is friendly, food is tasty, but be aware they run on island time. A little slow at times but i always seem to wait which should tell you something about their food.

Their curry goat, curry chicken, roti and dry chili chicken are my go to's and they are all to die for.

I have also used Charlie's for catering family events and everything was prepared on time with the same quality.

Charlie's is the only place I regularly go to for West Indian Food.

• Visited September 2013
“Best roti in Canada”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

When ever I am in Canada, Charlie's is the old place I go for real Trinidad home cooking, roti, doubles, pudding everything, just like Trinidad. The best

2 Thank Nigel C
Toronto, Canada
“We love the Roti's!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Every time we have a craving for Roti, we come to Charlies, and the portion size is great so that we always have leftovers which are good cold too. The doubles are delicious and if you come here, try the fish cakes as well. It can get pretty busy here as there is a lot of people that come for take-out and there are only a small number of tables, so the food can be slow to get to you, but the wait is well worth it.

• Visited August 2013