“Good value”

Ranked #48 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa
“Good value”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Room was modest and not overly larger. Very clean , very new. The room had excellent use of space, making it feel larger than it was. Room was modest and not overly larger. Very clean very good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I hate the renovations that Motel 6 has completed at all the Canadian Motel 6 locations. Carpeting has been replaced with cheap, orange laminate. I travel with my dog and he cannot deal with that flooring - he cannot get traction and it freaks him out. The laminate makes the room echo and it's loud.

The bathtubs are now a triangular shape. My job is very stressful and I like to soak in a hot bath. It's impossible to even recline in these tubs. I was left sitting in an awkward position until I just gave up.

The bed was hard and the pillows flat. My husband had the worst night's sleep EVER in a motel.

The room has the feel of a college dorm room - sparse and cheap. The towels were looking a little threadbare. Every time I took a towel out of the cubby, the trim around the cubby fell off. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

TERRIBLE night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mississauga hotels

Tel-Aviv
Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was our first experience in such a budget motel - we had no choice as we were stuck in Toronto area because of the whether.
There was a bad odor in the room.
Employees were mostly rude .
As the nighly rate is not that cheap, it's a poor value for money!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debby L
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was a nice and economic hotel- too bad about the location! When I booked, I was taking the train to Toronto, and my husband was going to drive to meet me the next day, at which point we'd move to this motel in Mississauga. Well, hubby's car broke down and he couldn't come, and I would have had to eat the cancellation fees by that point. And that's when I learned there were only two buses that run anywhere near this motel (one of which doesn't run on weekends), which is right off the 401 and admittedly quite convenient for driving. Additionally, taxis to anywhere central in Mississauga were extremely expensive.

The motel itself was nice and basic- not exceptional, but clean, air conditioned, and provided the necessities for a good price. Admittedly I was the idiot that stayed at a Motel 6 with no car, but the location really wound up being a pain in the backside in terms of doing basically anything.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are nice. Not a good spot for those with no car!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jersey499
Sudbury, Ontario
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in this motel with my friend during Caribana weekend. The Staff was very professional and extremely friendly. I really liked that the hotel was within walking distance of different restaurants and that there were two gas stations close by as well. Perfect location as the highway exits are right there. The room was very clean. I do like that there is flooring as opposed to carpet. We stayed on the second floor in room 222. It was so quiet that you could not hear the traffic on the 401 whatsoever. Check-in for the room was delayed due to the hotel having been booked solid the previous night. The room was ready an hour after regular check-in time (somewhat understandable seeing it was Caribana weekend). I had made a special request when booking my reservation, to have a fridge in the room as we were staying for three nights. Was disappointed to not find one. We improvised by filling up our recycle box with ice and chilling our juice and water bottles. The elevator did not smell very nice and there were tons of hand prints all over the elevator door when it closed...could have benefited from a good wipe down. As well, I think it would be a better idea to have lids for the toilet seats. Aside from that, the rest of the hotel was very clean. I wish I would have asked for the name of the Housekeeping Lady we had the Sunday morning because she was absolutely wonderful !!! I would definitely stay here again. Great prices.

Room Tip: second floor away from the elevator. We stayed in room 222. Was great. Room temperature was fine...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank girlboss79
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this motel over and over because I love it. Not only that;s it's cheap but it's close to grocery, coffee shops and restaurants Europe which is super expensive and tight. So far of all my stays in this motel all the rooms are in good condition. I love the rooms that has fridge where I can cool off my drinks and groceries.I shall return.

Room Tip: All the sides of the hotel are quiet even the ones in the north side facing highway 401. Can't c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mimi L
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel was an answer to some hotel-hopping prayers. You know what I mean! We are in Canada with no cell phone or Gps (not recommended for the addicted) and we have a service dog travelling with us. Canadian hotels do NOT have to take your dog, even though it is certified. After driving around for over an hour looking for hotels, we found this one. It is clean and new and great. We had one queen bed, fridge, internet, Tv, desk, two chairs, closet and big bathroom. No extras but all we needed. Very clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple