“Nice staff, good reasonable prices but somewhat noisy”

Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #48 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Monster, The Netherlands
“Nice staff, good reasonable prices but somewhat noisy”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is pretty good, certainly looking at the prices. Rooms are pretty nice and clean and have a nice bathroom. Staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is close to the highway and there is a lot of choice of restaurants in the area.

Only downside to the hotel is that it is somewhat noisy. It is close to the highway and you can hear traffic passing by. Furthermore the walls are quite thin, so you can hear easily your neighbours. Don't think about opening a window because the traffic noise will become even more present.

Outside of that it is certainly a good choice and given the price, one could overcome probably easy this downside....

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the reception, the rooms with higher numbers are closer to the highway and n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that we are able to provide you a comfortable stay at Motel 6 Mississauga. I will share your comments with entre team, Once again thank you for choosing Motel 6 Mississauga.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

It was our first experience in such a budget motel, due to it's closeness to my 88 year old mom at Christmas time. The facility is a cute, no frills motel, however one thing ruined my stay; the mattress was absolutely finished on one side.

Since the rooms are compact and only have a night table on one side, which is the side nearest the bathroom, that is the side most solo guests choose. The result is a mattress which is only slightly used on the window side of the room, but completely worn out on the busy side.

My back was killing me every morning! The staff should flip the mattresses regularly, and when worn out, they should be replaced. If not for the completely finished mattress, I would have given this budget motel a decent rating. Buyer beware - check your mattress the minute you check in!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ray47
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the condition of the mattress in that specific room. I assure you at Motel 6 we make sure the comfort of our guests is our first priority. I will share your feedback with our housekeeping team and address your concerns. Once again thank you for sharing with us.
Ravi-Ponnudurai
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked a room, got there and they didn't have the room I booked. No carpet in the rooms instead it's cheap laminate flooring. The TV was mounted ti high on the wall and uncomfortable to view. Cheap motel but that's it.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Paul J
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback. Our objective is to provide each guest with clean, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, However, we just completed major renovation of our property and our room décor reflects with what majority of our guest’s desire with budgeted nationwide Motel chain. Thank you for sharing your concern.
General manager
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed in many hotels and motels. I truly find this motel to be one of the truly great ones out there. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Although the staffs are truly great and very friendly, they are still able to maintain their professionalism and hard work ethics with you at all times. They do make your stay easy, comfortable, a pleasure, and restful.
Keep up the good work

Room Tip: I like the higher floor on nthe south side away from the highway noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Swiet-G
Dear Guest,
We are encouraged to hear that we as a team were able to accommodate you during your stay and up to your standard. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to have you back soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Upon checking in, the room was dirty with hairy on the floor, and smelled like smoke. It clearly had not been vacuumed. The comforter was dirty with stains and cigarette burn marks. I asked to change rooms, but staff was rude, and not accommodating.
I did not get much sleep due to the noise from the highway, and the drunk guest yelling in the hall. The next day I wanted to take a nice shower to wash the filth off, but turns out there is no shampoo. They make you buy shampoo from the vending machine, which was out. The room had no amenities. My wife was not able to warm up milk our son as there are no microwaves. The is was in room iron, so my close looked like a mess the next morning. As there was no in room coffee, and due to the lack of quality sleep I also looked like a mess the next morning.
I would not recommend this place to anyone one, and we definitely will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Closer to the front has noise from the street, Closer to the back has noise from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joshua C
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us. Our policy is to always provide clean, crisp and immaculate room to our guests. I assured you that this was an isolated incident and is utterly unacceptable and not up to our standard. I will personally address these issues with whole team. Once again please accept my apology.
We are in a process in reviewing to extend our service, (that include but not limited to amenities only), while keep maintaining the lowest Price in any national chain. However, at Motel 6, we do provide Complimentary fresh Coffee every morning in the lobby and also have microwave facility available for 24hrs for our guest.
Montreal
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed there 3 nights in August 2012. We had a room with queen size bed. Room and bathroom were very clean and the bed / bed linens looked quite new. Rooms are a bit small (quite like Microtel in the U.S.), but quite adequate. The motel is quite close to the highway, but I did not find noise a problem, and I'm a light sleeper. Contrary to what I read elsewhere, the room was cleaned and made up everyday, and towels replaced.
Overall, I would say great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCMontreal
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review about us. Also you had mentioned our price is low, it our goal to provide clean comfortable room with lowest price in any national chain.Thank you for staying with us. We look forward for your next visit…. Soon!
General manager
Welland, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

First - the price. At 69.99, I don't think any other brand name hotel or motel in the Toronto area charges less. The rooms are spacious, tv has lots of channels, air conditioning works well, most rooms now seem to have small fridges, the hot water lasts the entire shower, and everything looks quite clean.
The bad news is that everytime I stay here, there's always some sort of glitch. A common one is that some of the room doors have dead bolts that pop out even when you're trying to close the door from the outside. This makes leaving your room an adventure, as you have to repeatedly try to keep the dead bolt inside the door until the door is closed. It can take several tries. Very annoying.
On this visit, the phone in my mom's room was not working. Not able to make room-to-room calls. When I tried calling her, I got the front desk. First they tried telling me that I was dialing my own room, then they told me that her line was busy. It was not. They did say that they would report it and have it fixed, but it was still broken when we checked out the next day.
The vending machines are well-stocked, and some of the prices are semi-good, but not all. Free Toronto Star at the front desk.
Check-in is pretty fast, and special mention to Nicole, who seems to always be on-duty when I check-in, which is great, because she's remarkably beautiful. Doesn't smile, but is courteous.
I've stayed several times over the last couple years, and will stay there again, as long as the price stays low.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trevor T
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that our rates are the lowest by comparison to any name brand hotel or motel and we intend to keep that way for our guests. I am sorry to hear about the phone incident and appreciate that you took some time to let us know about this situation. We valued all feedbacks and reviews from our guest. We look forward to have you stay with us in near future.