“As cool as the city, and not quite Marriott Standard”

Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
British Columbia, Canada
“As cool as the city, and not quite Marriott Standard”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm normally a big fan of Marriott, and their affiliate chains. This place was an average room rate, and fell a bit short of my expectations. Beware of the hot tub, the chemicals they use in there smell like paint thinner to the point of being noxious, had to bail out after 2 or 3 minutes. The pool was fine though. The shower at the pool level is ice cold, so shower in your room before you go to the pool, if possible. The Lounge was brutally expensive, I bought a round of 5 drinks for me and my colleagues, and it totalled $77.00 before tip, so pick up some bevvies at the booze-mart nearby, and avoid getting stiffed in the lounge. The service is pretty slow as well. Most of the food they do there is micro-waved, so if you are in a hurry to get to a meeting, just hit Timmy's on the way. The bed was definitely not as comfortable as most Marriott's, pillows as well, so if you want soft, or back comfort, you might not get it here. My first morning they knocked on my door for my wake up call, because they said my phone wasn't working. But they didn't tell maintenance about it, because it was still out of order when I got back that day, so I had to fix it myself. They do provide earplugs, because you are right next to the freeway, and underneath the airlines approach line to the airport, so if you need quiet to sleep, don't bank on it either. And the front desk is usually understaffed for the traffic flow, and can be very slow. A safe location, close to airport and the 401, so a reasonable business stayover, but no big deal. Oh yeah, beware the cabbies in the Black cabs, they drive psychotic, and get ticked off when you try to pay with a Credit Card, they are obviously skimming from the Gov't because they made us pay cash twice, out of the five trips we took.

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms on opposite side of Freeway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FireHorseSire66
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Meathawk,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I regret to hear that your stay with us was not overly satisfying. I have read your comments in their entirety and have done some research on the lounge – I did find a ticket in that amount and the items on it are indeed priced accordingly by market – I am not sure if this is your particular receipt but it is rare that we have such a high ticket and I did find one – if you would like to discuss it with me, I would value that time. As well, I am very concerned about your comments about the city taxi cabs – I can help you with that if given more information. Thank you for your feedback. Safe travels and if you do need assistance with some follow up, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Vali Glover, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Orleans, Ontario
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in early January ... relatively new property with great lobby lounge, restaurant and open area concept. It's nothing fancy food-wise, but enough hot food ordered at a counter with bar and several flat screens in the lobby. Hotel gym is standard fare for a value chain hotel. Hotel is 15 mins from YYZ T1 and T3 with cabs out front or less than 5 minutes away.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
WJR-041,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard and had a pleasant visit. Please plan to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Toronto. Safe travels.
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

What can I say. Predictable Marriott Courtyard Inn quality. Nothing too fancy, but the rooms are clean and spacious. Price is moderate and the value is excellent. Location convenient if you need to stay a night after arriving at Pearson Airport and are driving West.

• Stayed January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Allan S,
Thank you for writing about your experience with us at Courtyard. We appreciate your business, and we're glad to have had you as our guest. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel and found our rooms clean and comfortable. We welcome you to come and stay with us again.
London
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights after Christmas for a hockey tournament. This is the 2nd time we've used this hotel and it meets expectation for Courtyards. Front desk is always good, rooms are quiet and clean.

We stayed on a AAA/CAA that included breakfast for two. Breakfast was ok, but we sort of customized the order on the 2nd day so it took a long time to be ready... wish they had warned us of that.

The pool was very high in chlorine content- almost made it hard to breathe and the kids couldnt stay as long as they wanted. I did not recall this from first visit, so may have just been an anomaly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
b0bg,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate having you and your family stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad to hear that you've stayed with us before, and I'm pleased you like our hotel and staff. I apologize for the pool being uncomfortable for the kids. We do impose daily water testing, but I'll discuss this matter with our staff. I appreciate your feedback in all manners concerning our service and hospitality. We hope you and your family will continue to stay with us when traveling to the Toronto area.
Farmington, MI
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were there for 3 nights, with my Daughter's hockey team. We came in at 9:30 am on Friday, just to drop off our luggage while on the way to the rink. The front desk people, instead, found us a clean room so we could check in and be done with it. I appreciated the thoughtfulness, they did not have to make the effort.
We were in a 2 double bed room, on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. the beds were comfortable and had an assortment of pillows, of differing softness. Everything was clean and felt fresh.
The lobby is inviting and comfortable. It was nice to have the avaiability for light meal options, in their cafe. Most of the time we went out, but on one occasion we just did not feel like it so tried their chicken caesar wrap. It was satisfying and so much easier than being forced to go out.
All in all, I give this property solid reviews and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
drpad,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're glad you and your family enjoyed your visit, and we're pleased you liked our clean, comfortable rooms. I'm glad you liked our great staff too! Please come and visit us again soon.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I spent 6 nights at this hotel the other week. The staff are courteous and friendly. The rooms are fine. The bed was comfortable. I was concerned that facing the 401 I would be kept up by traffic, but surprisingly, this was not the case. The hotel actually has ear plugs just in case. The hot tub and pool were great too!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
nermal88,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind comments, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our comfortable beds and friendly staff. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again.
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

These guys really know what to do. We stayed overnight, didnt feel like going 'out' for dinner, so stayed and had munchies and wine in the lobby bar/restaurant. It's not a sit down, get served kinda place, but noticed that people were sitting at bar, at tables, chatting, laughing. It was fine./ Just needed a little 'ambience' in the sense that too bad the overhead chandelier couldn't have been dimmed a bit. But everything is clean, rooms are quiet, great coffee (starbucks) real time saver to stay here. everything is convenient.
I will be back again in spring and will recommend to others.

Room Tip: this time there were some sort of fishing or outdoor convention attendees who were having 'room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
debdoestravel,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and we're glad you were able to relax in the lounge and enjoy the fun atmosphere. I'm pleased you liked our clean, quiet rooms, Starbucks coffee, and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring. Safe travels.
Vali Glover, General Manager