“Back Again!”

Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
“Back Again!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

These guys really know what to do. We stayed overnight, didnt feel like going 'out' for dinner, so stayed and had munchies and wine in the lobby bar/restaurant. It's not a sit down, get served kinda place, but noticed that people were sitting at bar, at tables, chatting, laughing. It was fine./ Just needed a little 'ambience' in the sense that too bad the overhead chandelier couldn't have been dimmed a bit. But everything is clean, rooms are quiet, great coffee (starbucks) real time saver to stay here. everything is convenient.
I will be back again in spring and will recommend to others.

Room Tip: this time there were some sort of fishing or outdoor convention attendees who were having 'room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
debdoestravel,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and we're glad you were able to relax in the lounge and enjoy the fun atmosphere. I'm pleased you liked our clean, quiet rooms, Starbucks coffee, and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring. Safe travels.
Vali Glover, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The ODD number rooms face the highway, there is ZERO sound blocking in the outside walls/windows. Upon walking into my room, there were two pairs of earplugs on the nightstand with the sign that says, "If it our wish that your stay here be relaxing and restful. If you are a light sleeper, Earplugs are provided for your comfort."

I went back to the front desk and asked to be moved to an even number room, he was unwilling to do so. So the first thing I did when I got back to my room was to book room at another hotel for the rest of the week. I went back down to the front desk to let them know I was checking out early the following morning because of the noise and the previous person's unwillingness to help, the person at the desk was not surprised. Apparently I'm not the first person to mention this.

I won't be back here, and I'm going to make sure that the rest of my team knows to avoid this hotel too. (Our local office is just across the highway, so we have many people staying in the area fairly regularly.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
John L,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate having had you as our guest. Your satisfaction is important to us, so I'm glad I was able to reach out to you in a personal e-mail. Thank you.
Muskoka
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here a few times and its always been nice for work or a getaway. prices are very reasonable.
A wedding, large conference - Full hotel but no noise.
Checking in with reservations a breeze. Clerks friendly and helpful. The back door is right beside elevators so no need to walk through the lobby. Midnight snacks available. Microwave to use. Starbucks coffee downstairs is MUCH better then the in room coffee (obviously) and saves a stop if leaving in the morning.
Also, I had a mishap bringing breakfast upstairs. Coffees spilled over the french toast and onto the floor! Everything was sticky from the syrup. I told the room attendant working on our floor and she was so helpful. She told me to go back downstairs and it would all be replaced at no charge. She even stopped her work and went downstairs before I did to let them know what happened. She reassured me not to worry that she would get the carpet cleaner out and it would be taken care of. .
Only complaint is noise on the 401 side of the hotel (we had to change sides which was handled very well with no questions) and the beds are super hard. We have a soft bed at home and didn't mind at first but after staying 2 nights we were sore and ready for our own bed.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 401 side of the hotel (odd number rooms)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
MuskokanBeachBum,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. We're pleased to have had you as our guests. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. Please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your return.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Would definitely return! Lovely decor throughout. Spacious rooms (true to photos). Comfortable bed AND pillow (winning combo...great night's sleep). Spotlessly clean. Friendly staff (extra towel request met within 3-5 minutes!). One night, quick in-and-out from Montreal, but would be hotel of choice in West Toronto! Delightful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
acnguest,
It's great to hear from you and receive a wonderful review. We're glad you liked our modern decor, spacious rooms, and especially our comfy beds. I'm glad our staff exhibited their usual friendly and helpful service too. If your travels bring you back to Toronto, we hope you'll come and visit us again for another exceptional stay.
Ponte di Piave, Italy
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Marriott Hotel is a good choice in case you need a good stay during a business trip. Large rooms with all the main features you may need, 24/7 fitness centre, breakfast from 6.30 in the morning, extra-fast free wifi.
Personnel is very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
fabiozan,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased you found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient for your business needs. It's good to hear you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff as well! Please plan to come and visit us again soon.
Ontario
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went on an impromptu weekend getaway this past weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. We were met with a smile at the front desk and were permitted into our room before the official check-in time. We enjoyed the room decor as well as free parking, free wifi and pool & hottub. Since check-out time is 12pm, we were looking forward to sleeping in and watching TV in bed - things we rarely get to do. Despite putting the Do Not Disturb sign on our door, housekeeping knocked on our door TWICE asking us if we were leaving soon. This really annoyed us because we had the do not disturb sign out AND it was not check-out time yet. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Travelforfun2,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us for your weekend getaway, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I apologize for the housekeeping disturbance. The Do Not Disturb signs should always be honored, so I will make sure we discuss your review in our next staff meeting. I can certainly understand your annoyance and hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you. We hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us again--maybe another impromptu getaway.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Honestly the price was okay, The service was non-existent but that I don't like being harassed. There was no free breakfast. The only real problem I have is that I was with 2 of my buddies and apparently after we left the room smelled like marijuana. (Not sure how they know how that smells). We didn't smoke once in that room but we are all smokers... We received notice that they charged us $250 for finding weed in our hotel room... upon further investigation it was because the room smelled but they found nothing. I don't mind being in a non-smoking room, I don't mind going outside to smoke. BUT if my room smells like smoke because we all smoke that doesn't automatically mean that we smoked in the room... I thought that's what smoke detectors were for anyways. I can't believe they can charge for whatever they want without any real proof. I was looking to see if I was the only one with this problem and it seems so. I guess that means they normally have people who smoke stay there. This is outrageous and I can't believe that in a room I would have loved to smoke in I didn't (if they checked the cameras they would actually see us going outside to smoke). Never again!! Plus they gave 3 of us 2 beds? Holy Hera I am upset!

Room Tip: Do not come if you are a smoker... It really is that simple
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrianBlaze
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
BrianBlaze,

Thank you for your feedback. This incident has been turned over to a Marriott representative who will be in contact with you soon.