“Great stay - only 1 complaint.”

Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went on an impromptu weekend getaway this past weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. We were met with a smile at the front desk and were permitted into our room before the official check-in time. We enjoyed the room decor as well as free parking, free wifi and pool & hottub. Since check-out time is 12pm, we were looking forward to sleeping in and watching TV in bed - things we rarely get to do. Despite putting the Do Not Disturb sign on our door, housekeeping knocked on our door TWICE asking us if we were leaving soon. This really annoyed us because we had the do not disturb sign out AND it was not check-out time yet. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Travelforfun2,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us for your weekend getaway, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I apologize for the housekeeping disturbance. The Do Not Disturb signs should always be honored, so I will make sure we discuss your review in our next staff meeting. I can certainly understand your annoyance and hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you. We hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us again--maybe another impromptu getaway.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Honestly the price was okay, The service was non-existent but that I don't like being harassed. There was no free breakfast. The only real problem I have is that I was with 2 of my buddies and apparently after we left the room smelled like marijuana. (Not sure how they know how that smells). We didn't smoke once in that room but we are all smokers... We received notice that they charged us $250 for finding weed in our hotel room... upon further investigation it was because the room smelled but they found nothing. I don't mind being in a non-smoking room, I don't mind going outside to smoke. BUT if my room smells like smoke because we all smoke that doesn't automatically mean that we smoked in the room... I thought that's what smoke detectors were for anyways. I can't believe they can charge for whatever they want without any real proof. I was looking to see if I was the only one with this problem and it seems so. I guess that means they normally have people who smoke stay there. This is outrageous and I can't believe that in a room I would have loved to smoke in I didn't (if they checked the cameras they would actually see us going outside to smoke). Never again!! Plus they gave 3 of us 2 beds? Holy Hera I am upset!

Room Tip: Do not come if you are a smoker... It really is that simple
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrianBlaze
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

BrianBlaze,

Thank you for your feedback. This incident has been turned over to a Marriott representative who will be in contact with you soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel extensively for business. I typically will be working at the same place for 4-6 months and need a hotel that I can rely on for those 3 nights a week, every week, that I'll stay there. I stayed at this particular hotel for 2 weeks, about a month apart (checking out other hotels in the area to chose my "favorite"..

Coutryards are not the most expensive...nor the least expensive in the Marriott brands. Nor is the the least expensive hotel in the Mississauga area. You would expect a certain levle of "Marriott" amenities....more on that below.

Pros:
-Convenient location to Mississauga/Brompton businesses
-Upscale lobby
- Nice TV's

Cons:
- Parking seem sa little small for the size of the hotel
- Elevators a little flakey -- the first night I was there you had to hold the button because it kept going off......and that was before I got to the room.
- Got to the room and the Keys didn't work....back to dealing with the elevator
- Finally got in the room...turned on the TV ... no HBO or other premium channels (is this a Marriott or a Days Inn??)
- Took a while to get the A/C to where it wasn't boiling or freezing, set the alarm & went to bed
- Next morning...the ALARM DIDN'T WORK...fun start to a new day
- Ate in the hotel that night....menu limited...expensive...$23 for a salad and a glass of wine
- Last night...went to the business center to check in and print my boarding pass....the hotle computer didn't have Adobe Acrobat (FREE SOFTWARE) so I couldn't print my boarding pass

A little like the Hotel California in the Eagle's song....you can check in but never leave.

Net, net ...I'm a Marriott Platinum customer and I'm now going to stay at a Four Points by Sheraton

Room Tip: Chose a differnt hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

MBAX01,

Thank you, Marriott Rewards Platinum member, we value your business. Your opinion is extremely valuable to me. I would appreciate the chance to speak with you in person to clear up some misunderstandings as well as apologize on a personal basis. I’d like to clarify that we do have Adobe in the Business Centre for all of our guests to use as well as a boarding pass dedicated computer. As well, HBO is not currently available due to licensing laws in Canada and I don’t see that this has changed but will look into again. We welcome you to stay with us again so that we can win your loyalty and again, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here on a Priceline gamble for $64 per night. I would not be pleased at the $200 rack rate. Therefore, I can rate overall value as only middling.

The hotel is up to typical Courtyard standards. Nicely appointed rooms with a good TV selection on the flat screen (some channels in HD) and a reasonably comfortable bed (but it's definitely not a Hilton). No free breakfast, and no free coffee available except the typically crappy DIY room coffee selection. Free parking (a rarity in the GTA, and even at the hotels down the street). 15 minutes to the airport at non-peak times, and just off the 401 amongst office buildings. Convenient location if you know the area and have a quality GPS with traffic notifications. Nice business center and lobby.

The 401 --- the busiest highway in Canada --- is a double edged sword: easy access to the airport, but just awful at rush hour (which is seemingly almost all the time nowadays). And the odd-numbered rooms face the highway; the traffic drone is definitely audible, although the heater-A/C unit can mask it. Request an even-numbered room. The hotel even provides ear plugs!

Very fast Wi-Fi (2-3 MB/second depending on the location), one of the best I've seen in any hotel. And no password required.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms only. Traffic noise on the odd-numbered room side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

DavidStarsky,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us, and glad you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your compliments about our facility as well your helpful comments to future travelers. We do have free coffee in the lobby every morning until 10:00AM so I'm truly sorry you missed that! We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

As others have mentioned, this hotel is in an industrial estate, not very conducive for walking. They would definitely benefit from having a full-service restaurant on the premises instead of a really basic coffee counter. This is the only reason I didn't rank this hotel higher. That said, I did get out and walk to Lucy's Seafood Kitchen for an excellent meal. It was only a 10 minute walk, taking the shortcut through the GoTrain parking lot, under the tracks through a pedestrian tunnel, and then just on the other side of another parking lot. Seemed kind of sketchy, especially at night, but there were enough people around at 9:00 pm that I didn't worry! Thanks to the front desk staff for pointing out the shortcut that halved the walking distance!

The room was clean and comfortable, and was quiet as it was facing away from the highway. Nothing spectacular, but certainly adequate for a one-night visit on buisness in Meadowvale.

1  Thank Travelling_Axe
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Travelling_Axe,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard and had a pleasant visit. I'm pleased to know you found our rooms comfortable as well as our staff accomodating and friendly. Lucy's Seafood Kitchen is an excellent place to eat so I'm sure you felt the short walk was worth it. We hope your business or personal travels will bring you back to our Mississauga area and you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went there for business. It is a nice and quiet place to stay. Close to the airport and to the commodities. It was really clean, nice and pleasant! The staff was friendly and were doing there best to acomodate me.
Internet access was not included in the room's price.

1  Thank Emilie S
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Emilie S,
Thank you for your delightful review. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is your typical Courtyard by Marriott. It's not going to make the T&L 500 list, but it's clean, comfortable and a very good value.

At the rear of the hotel is Highway 401, though you'll have to wind your way around a few side streets to get there from the highway. It's close to the airport, but not so close that jet noise is your constant companion (though road noise might be if you're on the wrong side of the hallway).

If you wish, you can eat in the lobby restaurant. However, it's not the most exciting meal you'll ever eat, so consider one of the places in the area. There's a great seafood restaurant about 1.5 km from the hotel called Lucy's Seafood Kitchen... Lobster's in season right now, and I had a grilled 1 lb lobster for C$19.95. Now THAT's a great value!

The only real disappointment is one I'm getting really tired of writing about ... The fitness center. The elliptical equipment is an older model LifeFitness machine that has seen its better days. It's absolutely falling apart. I understand that gym-caliber ellipticals are expensive, but c'mon. Keep what you have in good working order. It's not too much to ask. Next to it, however, are two state-of-the-art LifeFitness tread mills, an older stationary bike and stair stepper, and a newer LifeFitness weight machine.

The rooms are generously sized, and except for the road noise from the 401, sleep quality was good. There was little, if any, noise from the hall, the rooms next door, or the floor above. Hallelujah!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the building opposite Highway 401.
1  Thank MI_TravelFreq
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

MI_TravelFreq,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I have read your comments about our fitness center and will review our ability to update our elliptical machine. We’re glad you utilize our fitness center and hope it adds to your overall satisfaction with our hotel. Please join us again at Courtyard for another great experience.

Safe travels,