“This is THE place for Excellent Italian food in Mississauga”
Review of Andiamo Pasta Plus

Andiamo Pasta Plus
Ranked #20 of 1,665 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“This is THE place for Excellent Italian food in Mississauga”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I tried this restaurant when it first opened, and was very impressed by the quality of the food and the reasonable price. Now, a few years later I've seen this restaurant improve even more so, especially in the restaurants ambiance and decor, and the fact that the restaurant is able to serve wine, beer and spirits which it wasn't able to do when it first opened a few years ago. Jimmy the owner, and his team are masters. The Italian food you get here will be probably be the best you can eat in Mississauga - perhaps even in Ontario. The chef was trained in Italy and it shows. There really is no way to go wrong. Every dish is delicious. We started with tangy and tasty caesar salads, and delicious bruschetta with cheese (the best I've ever had). We also tried the Calamari alla Livornese which is tender calamari cooked in a white wine herb tomato broth - absolutely delicious. For the main dishes, I had Veal Parmigiana with pasta which I asked Jimmy to cook "arribbiata" style, which he was very glad to do. My table guests had gnocchi in tomato sauce which was excellent, and also a tortellini special in a rose sauce with chicken, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes that was out of this world (I tried it and wanted their dinner as well as my own!). Beyond just the quality of the food, the service is warm and friendly, the prices incredibly reasonable for the level of quality and the decor is simple, yet cosy. I have tried other Italian restaurants in Streetsville such as Mondello's, however, I find the food at Andiamo to be superior and the price to be far more reasonable. You absolute cannot go wrong at Andiamo Pasta Plus. Enjoy!!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank galileocan

Mississauga, Canada
“Great cozy resturant”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great for pasta lovers and people who like their veal nice and tender... Me and my girlfriend went to Andiamo pasta on December 26th 2013 and it was packed. The restaurant was full but we still managed to get one of the best tasting Lobster Ravioli and Veal Boscaiola that we have ever tasted. The service was good and the prices are reasonable.I noticed a lot of people come and pick up big trays from the counter and when I met the chef and the owner Jim , he said to me that they served about 200 people that night just for take out . And that just convinced me to write this review. So to reiterate its not a waste of time I STRONGLY recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a great dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank MatthewC132
mississauga
“Wonderful.. Just wonderful”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

An Amazing Italian restaurant. It surpassed all of my exceptions as Vegetarian Italian food is concerned. Being a vegetarian most restaurants have a lot of the food has meat or meat related products. The Chef easily just modified the dish according my dietary needs. I went with a couple of friends and I had the Mushroom soup, Butternut squash Agnolotti ( Asked with no bacon) and the Triamisu. I loved it all. I actually couldn't finish the food, it was alot of food for a reasonable amount of money. The Butternut Agnolotti, was to die for ,the pasta was soft and creamy, BEST I have ever had. The restaurant was very nice, I especially like the holiday spirit, the Christmas music and the tree in the corner was delightful to look at. The night as a whole was great, my only complain is we had to wait 5 min to be seated, it was a Friday so it was expected, but I am so glad we found this gem in streetsville. It is worth checking out. The vegetarian twin :)

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank vegetariantwin23
“Poor hygiene habits in the kitchen; some food great some just ok”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Seeing the reviews here I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, with a few exceptions, it did not live up to our expectations.

First of all: the prices in menu shown here, or on the restaurant's website are ~$2 less than what is on the printed menu at the table. That would not stop me from visiting the place but it makes for a poor first impression.

While enjoying drinks I would ocassionaly glance at the kitchen staff. I saw the cook (chef) tasting sauces with his finger. Not once, or twice, but at least six times - so he clearly ran out of clean fingers if one wants to argue he was using a different one every time. Yet he did not walk a few feet to the sink to wash before continuing.

The food deserves more than 3 stars.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank the_atomic_traveler
Toronto
“Excellent Place”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went with a friend for an after work dinner. Good thing I made reservations because it quickly filled up. I love Italian food and this place did not disappoint. The service was friendly, and I saw the chef (who doesn't look Italian :)) come out to speak with guests requesting special things from the menu. The food was quick, the wine delicious, and best of all, the prices were reasonable.

I also noticed just how many other great little gems there are in Streetsville, and I have vowed to try them all. Strongly recommend Andiamo :)

• Visited October 2013