“A nice home away from home”

Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed April 28, 2014

After a very long drive we arrived at the hotel...tired, exhausted and ready to be out of Toronto traffic. We were greeted by very warm atmosphere and a kind staff that got us organized quickly and into our room.

I have to say, our first impression of the room was "awesome!". There was ample space for both of us to spread out and unpack the hockey gear for the weekend. The kitchen area was met with smiles as we could make our own meals for a change instead of having to order out all of the time. A quaint little stove, a dishwasher.. a full size fridge and freezer, a microwave and coffee pot - we were good to go no matter what time we got back from our tournament games.

The bed was comfortable and clean. I used the pull out couch and if you are going to use it, consider bringing a foam topper to add to the mattress as it's a pull out couch. You can pick one up for about $25 at Canadian tire and it makes a world of difference! The staff was quick to bring us more pillows and blankets as they were needed.

The room was clean - the washroom large but odd having the sink outside.. but none the less, there was tons of room and we both felt comfortable. It's a big change from a standard hotel where you feel trapped inside of a box.. this was actually nice.

The fans on the heater were a bit loud but nothing to complain about. It was a pleasure to be able to open a window for a change!

Breakfast.. well I have to agree with other reviewers on this one about there not being enough room for everyone who comes for breakfast. More counter room is needed as I had to balance to fill the tray to bring back to the room. It's nice that the coffee is outside of the kitchen area so you can just grab a cup and go. The food, well.. so so.. it's hotel breakfast.. it was nice to get coffee and some fresh fruit and be on our way.

All and all, I will be back to this hotel as its become one of my favorites to stay in. Well worth it in our books.

Room Tip: Ground floor next to the pool area is kind of noisy if you are in the room during supper time.. but...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

HockeyGoalieMom,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay with us at Residence Inn Mississauga. We appreciate you highlighting aspects that made your stay enjoyable and we're pleased to know the comfort and cleanliness of our accommodations met your satisfaction. We're thrilled to hear you'll be returning for another stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The very friendly, amiable and service oriented staff make this place. In all other respects, it is your typical Residence Inn with their normal room appointments and size. Breakfast was good, but there are not enough tables to cope with the number of guests. They have a shuttle van, shared with the Courtyard Marriott that can transport you to local businesses in the area - very helpful!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Mutiny,
We appreciate you taking a moment to write a review about Residence Inn Mississauga. Thank you especially for recognizing the friendly service delivered by our staff. We’re pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I had just driven over six (6) hours from west Michigan with a very excited bunch of teenage girls for a Spring break trip to Toronto.

I walked into the Residence Inn after that experience only to have problems with my cell phone coverage and was not in the greatest state of mind. However, I was greeted by Shauna and that changed. She was completely "old school". She was polite, attentive, friendly and gave us the service that is rare these days. You could tell she was interested in making our time as best it could be. She and Leonardo took the time to discuss restaurants, shopping, groceries and to take full advantage of what Residence Inn offered. I was at ease and simply had to smile.

The room was excellent; clean, in top-notch condition, great breakfast, pool and full of amenities you expect in your room. The location was near restaurants, groceries and only about 10 miles or so from the Islington Station for the subway trip into TO. There is another organization that does it right, the TTA.

Thanks Shauna and Leonardo. You set the table with your attention to us and making things right. I am impressed and hope Residence Inn recognizes they have two valuable assets. Good for Residence Inn. Great for me and the girls on this trip.

I will be going back this Summer for another trip and hope to see Shauna and Leonardo again.

Room Tip: I really had no issues, so I have no tips to add.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Kirk M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Mississauga. We are very fortunate to have Shauna and Leonardo as part of our dedicated team, who take pride in their approach to hospitality, and strive to provide a complete guest experience. I look forward to commending them both on their efforts in service that made for an enjoyable stay for you and your girls. We're happy to have been a part of your spring break travels, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I visit Mississauga very often. In 2013, I made approximately 9 trips to the city, my longest stay was 13 days. After visiting most of the hotels in the area, Residence Inn - Meadowvale is the best. The staff is very friendly and upon entering you are always met with a friendly face. I am so known at the site, that every morning before I take my 5am walk, the coffee is freshly brewed and waiting for the early morning risers. They shifts operate like clockwork and there has never been a day that I have found anything occurring out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Share with the desk clerk what your likes and dislikes are. They will do everything in their power...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Cynthia M,
We appreciate your complimentary feedback and continued patronage at Residence Inn Mississauga. We’re happy to be a part of your travels, and glad our staff provides the consistent, friendly service our guests deserve. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel when traveling to Mississauga. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is my first visit to canada I really loved the hotel, room service is verh good I like to appreciate staff specially Marcella, Shauna, Andrew, Michael & Gul, felt like home being with them. Amenities are also good. I loved the breakfast and snacks which they provide.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful memories.

Mamtha Suhas

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Mamtha S,
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Mississauga on your first trip to Canada. We’re happy to have been a part of your travels, and we’re glad the quality of service and amenities you experienced made for a memorable stay. I will be certain to recognize Marcella, Shauna, Andrew, Michael & Gul with special commendations for their warm hospitality. Please plan to visit us again soon and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had been staying at this hotel for six weeks and found the staff to be very professional and personable during my stay. From Shawn remembering my name at the front desk to Miryan and Claudia looking out for me at breakfast each morning. The hotel is clean and comfortable meeting any requirements you might have. I know if I have to return to the GTA for any reason this Residence Inn will be my number 1 choice! Thank you everyone at the Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale for making my hotel stay a home away from home!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Rsdhanoo,
We're happy to have had you as our guest and thank you for writing a review about your six week stay with us at Residence Inn Mississauga. Shawn, Miryan, and Claudia will be thrilled to know that their sincere hospitality added extra comfort to your stay and made you feel at home. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had a very pleasant 6 days at the Residence Inn in Meadowvale , Mississauga while renovating my new home. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The reception staff had lots of information and very professional. The suite I had was a queen with a sofa bed. It was very roomy and I made use of the kitchen facilities while there.
The breakfast selection was different each morning, and the ladies in the kitchen were very helpful. Maryim was especially helpful., Always ready with the hot water for tea. I Would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I liked looking out on the highway, I could see before I left what the traffic situation was.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Mississuagatraveller,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during the renovation of your home, and we thank you for sharing feedback from your experience. It's great to hear our staff provided excellent service and our accommodations and breakfast selection met your satisfaction. I will be certain to share your kind comments with Maryim on her attentive service and hospitality. We hope you'll visit us again at Residence Inn Mississauga.