“Great hotel for a short stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Westwood, New Jersey
“Great hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were visiting family in Brampton for two nights and this hotel was conveniently located and comfortable for a two night stay. Close to any shops or restaurants you might need as well as fairly close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brockville
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I picked this hotel to stay as my son had a track meet up the street at the high school on Sunday. The check in was efficient and professional, the room was huge and very nice with a very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The shower was a little odd as I had a handicap room for some reason.
I used the work out room and it is basic for a simple work out. If you wanted more of a workout they had a fitness pass for a local gym.
Low Light...breakfast, so I decided to go for breakfast at 8:30 and when I arrived there was no orange juice, milk for cereal, cold water to drink, no bread, 5 yogurt, no waffle mixture , no muffins. When I went to the front desk to complain I was told there is a lady looking after this and she went to find her. When she found the lady with empty food plates she return to the front desk. When I asked the lady looking after the buffet about the orange juice I just got attitude. She was more interested in talking with the guess about where she is from instead of the 3 hours of work she has to do. The tables were not clean either but people could look after their own on this one.

Good location but I guess you pay for what you get on a free breakfast

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. A few disappointments this time around.

We stayed on the Sunday night of the May long weekend. My husband asked the front desk clerk what time the breakfast would run to on the holiday Monday. The front clerk went to check, and told us it was open until 10 a.m. on the holiday Monday. Imagine our surprise when we went down shortly after 9 a.m. to find everything gone. I asked the gentleman running the breakfast if he was going to replenish everything, and he told me he closed up at 9 a.m. I told him we were told it would be open until 10 a.m. His response, "Nobody told me." Nice. Thank goodness for all the restaurants across the street.

What was also disappointing is that there were no options to get a coffee or tea at the hotel. This differs from other Fairfield locations (including the one we stayed at two nights earlier). When we stayed here before, we could help ourselves to coffee, tea or hot chocolate. This was not available for this stay. Once again, thank goodness for restaurants that were close by.

The pool is still very cold. My kids who live to swim in the hotel pools, could not take the temperature of the water. Way too cold. This has not changed since our last stay.

The front desk clerk, although very friendly, was very hard to locate at times. After getting a tea from across the street, my husband and I sat in the lobby area to watch tv. People came into the hotel often and were seeking assistance, but none was to be found. This is a huge difference from our prior stay where there was always plenty of staff around.

Hotel was nice and clean, and beds were comfy. However, we will think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sherry C
André D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Hockey Mum,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the breakfast times. We have taken the appropriate steps to ensure this does not occur again in the future.

We look very serious at any comments, concerns and reviews and we will continue to offer coffee and tea service after the breakfast.

With regards to our pool temperature we keep the temperature at 80 degrees, this is conform with the requirement from public health to maintain temperature between 76 and 81 degrees, however we do apologies for the inconvenience.

When you wish to stay with us please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally so I can assure you we want to make your experience as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Kind regards,

André de Loos
London, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed one night on 10th April at Fairfield inn Mississauga. Polite and helpful reception staff, nice location, comfortable room and good breakfast. I will definitely return and recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Masud A
Welland, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a quaint little hotel tucked away on a relatively quieter street at a major intersection! Convenient access to entertainments and restaurants across the street on Hurontario!
Very nice breakfast served in the morning. The hotel is only two years old so everything looks fresh and new still! Both the front desk and dining room staff were kind and friendly!
We did not use the indoor swimming pool but it looks very nice though not an overly big for big crowd!
We were comfortable and would definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: We usually request for higher floors!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tsangs53
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

1 night stay $99+tax with family
Room 220 (end of hallway, near elevator, 1 King bed)

Good
- Good location, close to Courtney Park plaza/mall area, 10 minutes to YYZ
- Free wi-fi (3M upload/download)
- Free breakfast, not fancy but will do (waffles, sausage, egg scramble, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, apple/OJ)
- Bathroom is very spacious

Bad
- Very minor, I realized room 220 is the smallest of all rooms (judging from the floor plan on the door). Bathroom is very big/spacious but the room itself is a bit small and feels like New York City hotel at times
I had no status with Marriott, maybe that's why

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JerryHung
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The staff were extremely helpful. The room was clean and well equipped. There plenty of restaurant within a block as well as a ciniplex movie theater. Conveniently located between hwy 401 and 407. A prime locarion west of the airport

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business