“Affordable place for short stay”

Studio 6 Toronto - Mississauga
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stayed at this place for 2 weeks until I got another place close to Square One.

This is typical Budget stay and you can't expect much from it. The room is small. Kitchen has a small fridge; Utensils; cloth to wipe the kitchen area but no liquids to wash the utensils. Washroom is good and has a bath tub.

Ppl at reception are good and friendly. The cleaners however are not friendly and the cleaning happens only once a week on Budget stays.

You can hear ppl walking in the corridors. Overall a typical budget stay i.e. $59 per night or even less.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kpavvy

Reviewed May 15, 2010

My husband and I moved to Canada in April. While looking for a permanent apartment, we stayed at Studio 6, Mississauga. We chose this hotel because it was cheap, it offered fully equipped kitchen and it was the nearest to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
The room was not very big, clean and comfortable, with nice queen bed. The kitchen has all necessary things, including coffee machine, microwave, frying pan and fridge.
We had free WiFi, free local calls, coin laundry facilities and free parking there - really great bonuses for us, newcomers.
The hotel is in very close to Tim Horton and ethnic restaurants, Mississauga bus station and shopping malls. The only one thing that we didn't like about the location was that jets were whooshing over our heads 24/7. It was a bit noisy because of that.
Definitely, if we'll need a place to stay for a week or two (or a month) in Mississauga, we'll stay in Studio6 again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

The concept of the Studio 6 is great when away on business, loved the kitchen and supplies. The washroom was big and the tub was new and deep. But the whole room had a odd odor to it. the bed was not the best, but you get what you pay for. All in all I will try again to see

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Smell like a kitchen
No security

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Lots of bizarre cooking odors coming from the rooms in the hallway. I got to my room and was going to set my suitcase on a chair and found it was covered in crumbs from somebody else. I set it on the kitchen table which also had smudges of food on it. I went to the bed and the sheets had stains I don't want to think about. I found a chart on the table which explained cleaning protocol. It actually said they do light housekeeping to keep costs down.

I will not go back.

There are many choices in the area and I have never had it quite this nasty. It was cheap and I guess if you are desperate for low cost, you may be stuck. I will pay the $30 extra to stay in a real place next time.

I have never had a Motel 6 experience this bad before!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ottomowbeels
Reviewed October 18, 2007

Very basic hotel but comfortable. Close to 401 so travel to Toronto was easy. If you have a pet this is a good place to stay as it is one of the few hotels that allows pets. It was nice to have a full size fridge and kitchenette. Parking was free (a rarity these days). Certainly not a place for a romantic getaway but if you are travelling on business or with the kids it would be fine.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2006

I stayed at this Hotel with my wife and 2 teenaged kids, and its like I said in the title....it's OK. We had to change rooms because we were right above the utility room which seemed to run 24 hours a day, with what sounded like a washing machine or a boiler going off every 5 minutes or so. Also from the hotel group website it suggests that wireless internet was being rolled out across all their hotels throughout 2005-2006. Well it hasn't reached Mississauga yet. Their web page says there is a data port in each room, but there doesn't seem to be any way of connecting to it (its not a standard RJ45 socket!). In fact there is a common room where guests can share three 10m cables coming out of the wall! Thats the Internet provision! Apart from that this is a decent hotel rather like Travelodge, etc. It was clean, comfortable and relatively cheap (<$500 per week which translated to £238 UK on my credit card including service charge). No breakfast/dining facilities but there were enough establishments nearby (Wendys, Hortons, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, etc). And I always like the idea of en-suite kitchen facilities including full size (English standard!) fridge-freezer and microwave, just in case.
Finally, it's a bit out of the way for Toronto so hire a car if you're that way inclined! It cost $6.90 one-way to Toronto via two buses.
I would maybe give 31/2 out of 5 for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GazW