“Good place to stay”

Studio 6 Toronto - Mississauga
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Before coming to studio 6, i was thinking whether i have made a good decision or not however while staying there i really felt it was a right choice.

Atul, sameer and seema are very helpful. since this was my first trip to Canada so i had so many questions in my minds, about the city, transportation, attractions etc. Atul was always ready to help to know these things around, a very special thanks to him

and Many thanks to studio 6 staff, they are doing a great job.

Room Tip: good place
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sun789

Reviewed September 26, 2013

It all started with arriving to find a leftover pot joint in the window sill...That night I spent across from a stairwell, all night long the door slammed open and closed- I figured this was probably just an off night so I gave the hotel a second chance......an evening of screaming profanities, smashing bottles and brawling in the hall followed by complaining to management who dispatched police......ended with 2 of the 3 occupants of the room leaving at 1am and a warning to the remaining occupant to spend the evening alone. Half hour after police left the screaming started again with 3 different guests arriving at the adjacent room. All this because there is no security in and out of the building. I left and drove home the 2 hours to get away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Ann421
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay for a month before travelling back to the UK and found Studio 6 online. I read some reviews and was a little concerned when I read about bed bugs and suchlike. That just shows how misleading some reviews can be.

My room was clean and linen changed twice a week which was fine by me. Having cooking facilities was a huge bonus and although limited, they were perfectly adequate and meant I didn't have to eat out all of the time.

The location was excellent as Mississauga is a lovely area and there is the added bonus of having a Tim's on the doorstep (great coffee). I could get downtown by bus in around an hour, get to the lovely Port Credit in 25 minutes, even get to Woodbridge by bus in reasonable time.

The washing facilities are a huge plus for longer stay guests, the staff were always very polite and approachable (the lady from Derby was a very pleasant person in particular) and I cannot fault Studio 6 on any level. I would certainly stay here again and fully intend to do so in 2014.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

While in Toronto area for business, I spent 5 weeks here. The service and personnel were accommodating, courteous, and always friendly. Rooms were average size, but comfortable and very clean. Great location for the Mississauga and surrounding areas, near everything, and only 25 minutes from downtown (barring traffic). Coin operated laundry, cable, and (while we were there) updated high speed internet. Shopped around during my stay, and their weekly rate was almost half of what most nearby competitors were charging. Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 10days and our overall experience was okay. The location was fantastic. Bus stop located close by, short distance to Square One. The other advantage was that it had restaurants, gas station and coffee shops within walking distance.

When we arrived and checked in, our room had a very weird musty smell and we had to air in out ourselves and spray some deos to eliminate the odour. The room at first glance seemed fine but on closer inspection, the window didn't look like it was cleaned/dusted for a while. I was surpised not to find a hair dryer in the washroom. The kitchenette facility was very very basic. Coffee packet was not replaced for 10days. The Micro was messy, had bits of noodles in it which was a turn off. The 1st 2 days when I used the plates & pans , I kept waiting for them to replace it or clear it, then on checking with teh reception , I was told that they only clear the dirty used vessels when you are staying long term not for short stay. I was very suprised as everytime I requested for room cleaning, the sheets were changed, towels were replaced and the washroom and room was tidied up. It was very disappointing to note that the kitchenette was never touched. I wish they would charge extra and ensure a clean, spotless are after all we use that spece for heating food, preparing breakfast etc.. It would go a long way to take details of this point. Other than this, is was very pleasant. No complaints!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and choose this hotel for the price. I wanted a place close to Square One Mall and the Bus Terminal. Although, when I checked-in and walked through the corridor there was an awful smell and was worried if this was the wrong choice. However, once in the room things were better. The smell was not there the next morning and I realized as this is a studio style apartment, the smell was from people cooking. The room was equipped with a cooker, fridge, coffee maker and essential cutleries . The bed was good and had a uninterrupted sleep. This is an extended stay hotel and the more you stay and opt out of having daily housekeeping, you get better rates. If you are looking for a no frills hotel with easy access to the city center, then this is a good place to stay. There are good place for eating out nearby like Wendy's, Tim Horton's, a Asian and Indian Restaurants. The Wifi connection was free and the staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: I got the room facing the garden, thought did not matter much as it is quite anywhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks in October 2012 having returned to Canada with a dog and a couple of suitcases after 14 years abroad. Being in the situation where we were waiting for our personal goods to arrive we needed an extended stay hotel to fill in the gap until our belongings arrived in Canada. The Studio 6 was the only place we found that welcomed our dog.

The room was fine and the price was reasonable. We found the room and the hotel in general to be clean, quiet and bug free. The staff were pleasant and helpful, there was plenty of hot water, the wifi worked and the little kitchenette was well stocked with pots and pans.

I wouldn't want to stay here much longer than a couple of weeks because the room while efficient was pretty small but the Studio 6 was the perfect short term solution for us in our situation. I must say that for my place of business the hotel was not ideally situated but I can see that it would be for a lot of people being located by major highways and Hurontario Street the way it is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple