“A quite stay close to Square One”

Studio 6 Toronto - Mississauga
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A quite stay close to Square One”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and choose this hotel for the price. I wanted a place close to Square One Mall and the Bus Terminal. Although, when I checked-in and walked through the corridor there was an awful smell and was worried if this was the wrong choice. However, once in the room things were better. The smell was not there the next morning and I realized as this is a studio style apartment, the smell was from people cooking. The room was equipped with a cooker, fridge, coffee maker and essential cutleries . The bed was good and had a uninterrupted sleep. This is an extended stay hotel and the more you stay and opt out of having daily housekeeping, you get better rates. If you are looking for a no frills hotel with easy access to the city center, then this is a good place to stay. There are good place for eating out nearby like Wendy's, Tim Horton's, a Asian and Indian Restaurants. The Wifi connection was free and the staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: I got the room facing the garden, thought did not matter much as it is quite anywhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks in October 2012 having returned to Canada with a dog and a couple of suitcases after 14 years abroad. Being in the situation where we were waiting for our personal goods to arrive we needed an extended stay hotel to fill in the gap until our belongings arrived in Canada. The Studio 6 was the only place we found that welcomed our dog.

The room was fine and the price was reasonable. We found the room and the hotel in general to be clean, quiet and bug free. The staff were pleasant and helpful, there was plenty of hot water, the wifi worked and the little kitchenette was well stocked with pots and pans.

I wouldn't want to stay here much longer than a couple of weeks because the room while efficient was pretty small but the Studio 6 was the perfect short term solution for us in our situation. I must say that for my place of business the hotel was not ideally situated but I can see that it would be for a lot of people being located by major highways and Hurontario Street the way it is.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nan N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Studio 6 for about 2 months between November 15, 2012 and January 15, 2013. The accommodation was just right for us. The location was equally good. The room was o.k. All the facilities in our room worked well throughout our stay.The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Well done Sima, Atul and Sanjay! The house keeping staff were also good. Amongst them Andalene the Indian House Keeper was clearly outstanding. She was very professional and did her work excellently. We always preferred her making up our room because she always did it well. She was always cheerful and happy doing her work. On the whole, we had a good and enjoyable stay in Studio 6. We would love to be back to Studio 6 in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel has no swimming pool and fitness centre and so I can not comment on these two items. Our r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy_I378
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked into the Studio 6 last minute, after needing a place to stay in anticipation of a snow storm on the evening of February 26th. I arrived later, around 9pm, and was told as I was booking that the office wouldn't be open at this time. When I arrived the office was open and check in was very speedy. As I walked to my room, the different and disgusting smells that I encountered sure was interesting, and was not the greatest 1st impression. The hallways wafted of smoke and other scents that turned my stomach.

When I made it to my room and entered, the first thing I realized was how dark it was. It had a very eerie feeling and even with all of the lights on, it didnt seem adequately lit. It was also FREEZING. I am talking AIR CONDITION on and BLASTING cold air throughout the room. I turned the heat up immediately. After that I still felt like there was something just not right.. I immediately looked at the bed. I have always been one to be cautious of bed bugs when staying in hotels, so I decided to take a look before I put my things down. I lifted up the top sheet and immediately noticed the markings that bed bugs leave smudged all across the upper portion of the bedding. As I looked at the mattress, the marks continued. All along the seams of the mattress, and mosty at the foot of the bed. I then looked underneath one of the mattress lips and saw a bed bug scurrying away underneath the box spring.

I threw on my jacket, picked up my things and headed to the front desk immediately. The desk was now closed, so I called the receptionist on the after hours phone and she was down very quickly. I explained the situation to her and the worst part is- she didn't even seem surprised. Not a word of a lie, her response was, "Oh no, I hate that" with a straight expression. This suggested to me that she was aware of the fact that there was a bed bug infestation present and the fact that the hotel would continue to proceed to book people into these rooms is disgusting. She gave me a refund with no trouble and actually recommended that I stay at the Quality Inn next door (which was amazing, for the record.. For only $17 more I got a deluxe king room- bed bug free).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and i stayed in Studio 6 Hotel whilst in Canada on a short holiday in January this year. The hotel is cozy [especially the room], neat and secure.
Hotel 6 is easily accessible to the major shopping and business areas in Mississauga.
The warmth of the staff and their willingness to assist at all times are also commendable.
Keep up the good works, Sima and her team!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Inyang I
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We booked rooms in this hotel for family that was visitng from out of town and this place served the purpose. It was well maintained and staff was friendly. They had all the amenities that they required here. Well located to the hwy and shopping/ food areas.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Francescas, France
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Studio 6 hotel was the first hotel i stayed in since i came to canada in august to visit. I found out about studio 6 through my collegue whos already taken trips to canada. I was beyond pleased with the rooms, they come with a kitchen, utensiles, and a very friendly on site staff. Not to mention the room looked brand new. The location is right in the center of anything you need, wether its gas, or shopping, super markets, or restauraunts its conveniant! I also had the pleasure of speaking to a pleasant lady by the name of dorothy who helped me with my stay. In addition i had free WiFi on my laptop, aswell as free local calls! Upon needing to dial long distance i was easily directed to where i can buy a calling card.

The only thing i could find wrong with this hotel was security does not come every night, not that it needed any but it is good for peace of mind, especially when you are new to the country.

I would reccommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay for a long period of time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business