All reviews jacuzzi suite room was clean decent stay enjoyed my stay front desk staff other hotels free parking long term parking continental breakfast check in was quick close to the airport pearson airport convention iron microwave canada vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2019

One night stay. We were visiting relatives and invited to a wedding ceremony at a convention centre down the street. Check in was quick but was informed a $100.00 refundable deposit would be added to the bill up front. I'm not fond of this idea but fortunately there was no hassle in getting it back upon check out. Room was tiny as the king size bed gobbled up most of the room footprint. Just enough space to swing a cat by the tail (albeit it; I would not recommend such). Bathroom a wee bit cramped. Since the hotel is close to Pearson Airport there is a lot of overhead jet traffic. Also, the six lane street adjacent to the property provided a bit of vehicle noise. Did not bother me but others take heed. The room was clean/tidy - outfitted with a bar fridge, microwave, iron, hairdryer, flat screen tv, WIFI, complimentary breakfast, free parking and the usual bathroom condiments. No pool facilities (budge hotel) but there was a small exercise room. Since a block of rooms were reserved for wedding guests I believe a discount may have been offered ( $115.00 + tax)?

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DigitalforMCI, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay in our newly renovated rooms and suites. Though our standard rooms are not the biggest, we do feel we provide all the necessities when staying in a hotel. We can afford you the opportunity to show you what that means to our brand. Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

I had to stay for a few days. The price was right. The hotel was clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful and parking was free. The beds were comfortable enough too. The free breakfast left something to be desired as it is very bare bones. After my room was cleaned, no fresh towels, toiletries and coffee were left so I had to request them from the front desk.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay in our newly renovated rooms and suites. We do apologize the our breakfast was not replenished and can assure you this was an isolated incident as we always ensure our breakfast supply is stocked for all of our guests. We will also remind our housekeeping staff about the importance of room replenishment. We can assure you that this was not of Monte Carlo Inns standards and we hope we can afford you the opportunity to show you what that means to our brand. Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2019

When you ask a patron for a deposit, as an organization, you send up a red flag. We should have know better. Standing at the front desk, I was tried and sentenced, unjustly, by an individual I could barely understand due to her accent (maybe from India)... she stated "we don't just get our mirrors from Walmart, they could be $200.00, we are only charging you $100.00". I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EARS

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SabrinaM33, Public Relations Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It is an industry standard for customers to provide a security deposit. We can assure you that each hotel you enter, a security deposit is charged, though not always stated. The purpose of our security deposit is not to protect ourselves against theft, but rather for the comfort of our guests to enjoy our on site amenities and room service without being asked for payment each time. We do hope you can understand and hope we get the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

hotel was under construction. I woke up to a very chemical smell around 430 then they started tools at 7 a.m. ,we had only gotten to the hotel at 330 from our flight, The room was clean and the price was good. once renovations are done it will be nice

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the construction. We are happy to let you know that we are completely renovated and look forward to serving you. We hope you will continue to choose Monte Carlo Inns in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Stayed at thE Monte Carlo in May 2019. I was attending a business function in area and needed something close to the airport.
Location is very easy to find off the main road of the area. If you are driving, there are good places in area. From gas stations. Tim Hortons. Movie Theatres to shopping at well.
I arrived at the hotel,, late in the evening. Was a very pleasant moment pulling up to this hotel. Check in was very fast and able to get to my room right away.

Only complaint. Even though I am a stair guy. I did take the elevator up the one floor I was on. It was very slow in waiting for. and took a long time for the door to open. just a small issue.
Room i had was nice and clean, very big, had a nice tv with large choice of movies. Fridge and stove in room. WIFI provided was very fast. Always functional. Which was a total plus. The place is nice and quiet as well. I could not hear my neighbours next door either.
There is a simple but nice breakfast served every morning from 6am to 10am. Just your basics but its good and clean. Good way to start off simple. Parking at the hotel is good. I would say almost enough spots to cover if all the guests were to drive. Easy to move the cars around anytime. Overall The staff is welcoming and the rooms are clean.
The room was great. I highly recommend this property to stay at Good for any type of travel person. From business. to solo, to families and seniors as well. Thank you so much to the management and staff of the Monte Carlo for making my stay very much enjoyable.

Room tip: rooms facing back are nice and quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed our on site restaurant and bar. Our elevator can definitely be slow which is why we will be adding another elevator this summer. It should be up and running by the fall. Thank you for all of your comments!

We hope you will continue to choose Monte Carlo Inns in the future. Thank you.