“Bitten, Bed Bugs? Service was terrible”

Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I recently visited this hotel and on the second day awoke to being bitten three places. I asked the hotel for laundry coins, so I could ensure my clothing was cleaned and disinfected but they refused. After a long discussion with the front desk, they decided to move me into another room. I wanted to switch hotels after this ordeal. The hotel offered me a partial refund and then took days to get it processed. I stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn and it was 500% better and cost the exact same. I have spent over $2500 in the past 5 months with the Monte Carlo Inn and Suites and will never spend another dime there. The manager was rude and didn't believe that I was bitten - I guess the bite marks on my arm and back don't exist. Good thing I took pictures of them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank cb0331
NickRibeiro, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites. We take all comments seriously, and have taken additional steps and time to thoroughly investigate your concerns at the time of your stay and after.
As part of the Industry Requirements, our Housekeeping Staff and Hotel Management are trained in observing any areas of concern regarding detection of Bed Bugs. We have attended specific training sessions regarding this topic, and are fully aware of the steps to take if the situation should arise.
As mentioned before, we do not take guests' concerns lightly and in fact had a Pest Control Company do a thorough Inspection of your room, and other rooms as a precautionary step.
They found nothing in the room, or in any of the other rooms. I can provide you with any
additional information regarding their inspection if required. The Monte Carlo Inns values your business, and we hope that the steps we did take will re-build your trust and loyalty in our company. We look forward to a continued business relationship with you, and if you have any further concerns or inquiries, please contact us directly. Thank you.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel two times and chose this one for the location,it was dirty and totally not worth the price ,I stayed there long time ago however after me and my friend stayed in this hotel once again recently I can say this hotel is more like motel style and totally not worth paying the $90 ,there was ants

parking was creepy at night and front desk seems totally lost most of the time

I was not a happy guest nor me or my friend would ever go back and stay in monte carlo

I really hated the quality of the rooms ,the only thing I loved is the location being across the street from fast food and tim hortans which is open 24 hours :))

Room Tip: Tim Hortons 3 minutes walk and is open 24 hrs :) best Canadian coffee
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Laura P, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback on trip advisor.
The airport suites location is anything but creepy. We have ample lighting and Surveillance cameras covering the whole parimeter of our parking lot. We want to make sure the safety and security of our guests is a priority. Moreover, our hotel rooms and lobby has recently been renovated and we are excited about the transitional new look and our guest rooms come equipped with the latest technology to make your stay comfortable. Flat screen televisions, WIFI, brighter lighting at your ergonomic desk, Rain Shower head, plush duvets with our signature sleeping on a cloud mattress' just to mention a few. Our hotel takes pride in making certain that if a guest is not 100% comfortable in a room they will be moved and if available, upgrade immediately. Guest satisfacation is our priority. When visiting any of our locations please be sure to speak to a well trained front desk staff should you need anything at all.

Again thank you for feedback as this will assist our hotels in making improvements where we can.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Experience consistent with expectations - based on reviews. Rooms are outdated but clean. Parking area was sketchy.
Older gentleman at desk works at one pace ... his!!
Not a memorable stay but did the job.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Arrrgo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the very unfortunate experience of being booked into this Inn last month. The area is less than desirable. It is located next to a noisy truck stop diner. There is a Tim Horton's close by, and that is about it. The check-in process was fine. My room was on the ground floor. In serious need of repair and updating. My desk chair had a huge tear, the walls and carpet were dingy and dirty. The walls had tears in it. Also, the window seal was rusted out. Overall, a very disgusting room and not well looked-after. I went with a co-worker to the morning breakfast. We were surprised to find ants crawling along the coffee and food bar. I went immediately to alert the front desk staff. They were un-phased and a woman came out of the kitchen with a spray bottle of bug killer and proceeded to spray down the area (note that the food/coffee/cutlery/dishes were also being sprayed). At that point I decided to leave. I am thankful it was only one night. I can appreciate staying at a modest hotel, but I expect it to be clean and comfortable. This was anything but that. Run away, far away. I have never felt so compelled to take pictures to document such a disgusting place.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor or on the side next to the truck stop, it is very loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Calgaryishomefornow
Laura P, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and providing some feedback.

Our Airport Suites location has just undergone some extensive renovations in the lobby and restaurant as well as updating the rooms with new bed coverings, flat screens, new lighting, ergonomic rain water shower heads just to mention a few. Ground floor rooms are always more susceptible to more noise as it is close to the parking lot as well as the exit doors of hotel and restaurant. In the future if you are not satisfied with a room we encourage all of our guests to let the Front Desk Agent know as soon as possible and they will assist you immediately, permitting we have availability. Our breakfast area is only maintained by our housekeeping supervisor and maintenance manager for any repairs and extensive cleaning when it is closed and their are no guests in the area. We do have an eco friendly all purpose cleanser used for our table tops and general areas and this is what you saw the breakfast attendant clean with.

Again, thank you for your comments and hope that you will afford our chain of hotels another opportunity in the future so that we are able to restore your trust back in to our product and service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Chose this hotel for its close proximity to the Mississauga Convention Centre where I needed to be for an event. Check in and out were quick, efficient, ladies were very pleasant. I requested an infant bed for my daughter and it was already ready to use in the room. Only one elevator so there may be a bit of a wait esp. during morning rush. Breakfast was okay, I've had better "free" breakfasts though. As mentioned before the outside gardens, and main floor are beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a stay and park package with the hotel. The parking and accomodation were acceptable, not great but ok for the price. The shuttle to the airport was reasonably on time and the driver friendly and compentent.. However the return pickup by the shuttle left much to be desired. We call to the hotel at 3:13 pm and were advised the shuttle would be there in 20-25 mins. After 30 mins. i called the hotel again and was advised it would arrive in a few minutes.
We waited another 20 mins. and called again and was advised that because of the rain everything was slow and to wait.
The shuttle did finally arrive 54 mins. and we began the journey back to the hotel. Apparently the driver had to drop something off with another driver so went to meet him on the way back to the hotel. In all from the time of our call for pickup to arrival at the hotel it took 1 1/2 hrs. I would not be as upset if other hotel shuttles were as bad, however we saw a number of shuttles come and go 3 times while we waited. The main beef i have is that if the shuttle was going to be 50-50 mins. let us know and we could have stayed inside in the dry and warm airport.
We have used many different hotel stay and park packages and this was definitely the worst in terms of shuttle service..
Will we repeat this package, NO!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com