“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
London, Canada
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I ended up booking this hotel after the ones closer to my business trip were all booked out. When my business trip was extended I ended up booking the hotel again anyway, despite it not being the closest to my work place. It was wonderful and new (just redone to my knowledge), and I found the night staff at the desk to be especially friendly. The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. I ended up spending about a month there in a couple of different rooms, and the quality was consistent (although the kitchenette amenities varied a little).

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have the full kitchenette in them. Some people also complained about noise but I s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visits to our hotel. We are glad to hear that once you had "stumbled upon us", you were pleasantly pleased and extended your stay with us. I have passed your comments along to our Night Staff, and Executive Housekeeper. We do hope that you will visit us once again when you are in the area on your next business trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night and enjoyed our stay. The check-in was quick and the lobby is nice. Upon entering the room we were impressed with the trendy leather like walls. The dark blue and white accent wall also adds to the nice room detail. The king room has more then enough space. The bathroom was clean and even has a mirror in the shower. I personally like to shave in the shower, so it's a nice amenity.
The pool and hot tub are not large, but we were the only ones there when we went down so it wasn't a concern. It could be crowded with a couple families. The gym has a couple dated cardio machines, but you also get access to a local gym which is great if you are staying for longer then a night.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floor room didn't have a great internet connection.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tourguiderich,
Thank you so much for writing a review on your stay with us! We are glad to hear that you and your wife found our newly renovated property to be to your likeing, and enjoyed your stay. We appreicate your feedback and look forward to your visiting with us again!
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

An excellent 3.5 star hotel in Meadowvale close to all local businesses.
Friendly and efficient staff from management, front desk to the restaurant!
Rooms - 3 types to choose ; all clean with 'very comfortable' beds!
The heating / AC may need some adjusting depending upon the weather pattern so ask and it will be remedied quickly!
Rooms backing onto the 401 will have more noise than the other side so request Argentia Road facing location.
Excellent breakfast menu also lunch and dinner if you decide to eat in!
Overall good value!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Argentia Rd are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very close to offices and customers I visit. Recent updates make the hotel very attractive. I did not use amenities other than the dining area for breakfast. I ordered from the menu (versus the continental layout) and thought it was very good and affordable. Rooms were excellent - carpets and bedding looked new and bathrooms were very clean - and very affordable compared to other options. I feel I've found a place to stay for most of my visits to this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Tony C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our property to be exactly what you were looking for. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area!
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel to study for an exam the following morning; and, the hotel had everything that I could want. There was easy access to hwy 401 and Erin Mills road; free parking and internet; a small fridge, pretty good shower and tv. The room was pretty big and the bed was not bad either.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear AtwoZ,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Holiday Inn & Suites Mississauga. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be very accommodating, and enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mississauga.
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We came as a family of five for a night away to do some shopping and swimming. We arrived with 3 kids under five years old. Our kids saved up their chore money to come and swim unlimited for a day. We arrived in the lobby and the lobby was beautiful and updated. The front check in was quick and efficient. Our room was updated as well and a good size for family.
The issue began when we went to go start our swimming. We went downstairs and the pool was soo cold. The children's lips were turning purple and teeth chattering. We weren't the only family with little kids there with the same issue. They just didn't enjoy it because of water temperature. The hot tub stated it should be at 103 degrees and it was just like lukewarm child's bath water. Ick. As this is the reason we came-- To swim-, we were extremely disappointed. We slept well, after having to ask neighbours to be quiet and shut their doors as there was a tournament or something and the adults were drinking it up in the hallways. Also, breakfast was not what we thought it would be. The breakfast was advertised as a buffet.... it had a tray of scrambled eggs, a tray of frozen hashbrowns, a tray of sausage and bacon, some cereal, toast, kids juices and yogurt. I wouldn't have paid extra for breakfast had I known this is what I would receive. The food was lacking immensely and I would say it was a continental breakfast, not a buffet. The staff in the buffet, Judy, was amazing with our kids though and she works so very hard with a smile on her face. Thank you Judy! When we were checking out I spoke to the front desk about the pool issue and why were disappointed. She advised they have been having heater issues and they are working on it. We weren't informed of this on check in. No form of compensation was offered, even though I advised the pool was our main reason for visiting. If you get a GREAT deal at this hotel, then by all means book, but don't expect the amenities to be as advertised. Such as a working pool or hot tub, or a "buffet" breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear OchoRiosBride2007,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues in our pool area during your stay, and breakfast was not to your satisfaction. I understand completely that a warm pool is extremely important when travelling with small children, and do apologize for the inconveniences. We currently have an outside contractor that has been working on the heat in the pool, and we do hope to have it up to par soon. I have passed your comments along to our Executive Chef in regards to the Breakfast Buffet. I have also passed along your kind words to Judy in our Restaurant - Thank you! Again, I regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future should you return again.
Hanover, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed overnight during the week for business. Hotel was impressive when I walked in, looked like a hotel I might pay alot more money for. Not much for amenities, but staff was friendly and helpful and the room was nice and clean. Definitely a good spot for an overnight stay. It was hard to pick between average and above average. Nothing over the top, but was clean, most important aspect to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Doug J,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provide. One of the greatest rewards is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Dhan M