“Nicely Renovated Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Nicely Renovated Hotel”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a family with 3 little kids it is not easy to find hotels with rooms that allow all of us, which is very frustrating, since staying in separate rooms is just not an option and definitely not necessary (we fit fine in a standard room). Other Holiday Inns in the area had NO availability for a family of 5 (kids ages 2, 5 and 7) in any room. We chose this hotel because of the positive reviews and the fact that we could get a suite for only $10 more than a regular room. The hotel was beautifully furnished and had a modern feel in the common areas and rooms. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only negative to this hotel may not be a big one for many people, but it was an issue for us, since we booked a hotel with a pool on purpose and were looking forward to swimming. We went down to the pool area and it was like stepping outside - the room was very very cold. You would not have been able to sit and relax on a chair unless you had a warm coat on. We were hoping that with the air that cold, the pool would feel warm, but the pool was very icy and icy water dripped on you from the heating/ventilation system above. I forced myself to get in it, but I couldn't warm up and got right out. The kids did manage to swim a bit and the hot tub saved the day, but since nobody who came into the pool area wanted to swim when they realized how cold it was, there was not room to spend much time in the hot tub (4 person max). On a positive note, the frigid air was actually really nice for sitting in the hot tub, and the pool area, while small, was nice and clean. I am still giving the hotel 4 stars, because I did leave feeling like this will be our hotel when we visit Mississauga, but the pool put a damper on things. I wouldn't recommend the Eggs Benedict for breakfast, but the kids ate free and the buffet was similar to a Holiday Inn Express (not free for adults like HIE, but it is a decent breakfast) and next time we will get that. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, but would prefer to visit at a warmer time to enjoy the pool more. I am sure not much can be done about the room temperature because it is an outside wall, but heating the pool would make a big difference.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, guest services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear JABMom,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to find accommodations at our location that met the needs of your family, and that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the pool area being so cold, as I understand that having a pool is a very important feature when choosing a hotel, especially for a family with children. We currently have an contractor who has been coming in and working on the heating in the pool area and do hope to have it at a much warmer temperature before too long. Thank you again for your review, and the fact that you will choose to stay with us once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights at this hotel when going on a site visit to Credit Valley Hospital.
The room was nicely furnished and large, each room is a suite with a sitting area when you first come in and bedroom further in. My room had a fridge, microwave and wet bar in my sitting area. My coworker's room didn't have the wet bar.
There are no restaurants in walking distance and we didn't try the restaurant on site.
Rooms were clean but the maid did leave her snack (ziplock bag with crackers and cookies) on a side table in my room.
Service was good, newspaper outside room in morning and I didn't hear any noise from the hallways in the room.
The hotel was a short drive from the hospital we visited, traffic wasn't bad going to or from the hospital during rush hours. I would recommend this hotel for others going to the area.

• Stayed September 2013
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear hhgirl2,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our rooms to be very accommodating and spacious. Yes, unfortunately we are not within close walking distance to restaurants - the closest being approximately a 15 minute walk. I have passed your comment along to our Executive Housekeeper in reference to a zip lock bag being left in your room. I do apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to post your review as we appreciate all feedback!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on August 23, 2013 with our kids (ages 13, 11, and 9). The room set up worked well for us, with two queen size beds and a pull-out couch. Breakfast was included, but the buffet and food were only mediocre - particularly the listless pastries. However, I appreciated the many electrical outlets in the room so the kids could charge their electronic devices. I also found the lobby to have a nice European flair to it.

Location wise, the hotel is right off the 401 Highway. For a city I'd never heard of before, Mississauga is massive - the largest suburb in Anglo-America. Because we wanted to see its much more well known neighbor, we saw almost nothing of Mississauga. But because it cost us less than half of what we would have paid in downtown Toronto and only took us 25 minutes to drive to downtown Toronto on a Saturday morning, it was an excellent hotel for our needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Jason,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. I have passed your comments regarding the Breakfast on to our Management Team, as we appreciate all feedback from our guests.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a family reunion in the Mississauga area for the Labor Day weekend. I looked at the pictures of rooms and they are a bit deceiving. We expected a bigger "suite" but made do. Not sure it was worth the additional $$. The rooms were nice and upgraded as well as the hotel lobby etc. My kids enjoyed the pool although thought it was a bit small. It was still fun for them to jump in and out of when we had some down time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our Newly Renovated Rooms and Lobby area. We do hope to service you again in the near future!
Ontario
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in August 2013. Apparently this hotel has been renovated and it looks great! The lobby and rooms are extremely clean, modern and inviting. We booked through Hotwire and got a fantastic deal but did check out what the same room would have cost at this time of year and the price was excellent as well. Our room had a queen size bed (not typical with a hotwire booking but greatly appreciated) as well as fridge and flat screen tv. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay at this hotel in the future. FYI: there is no continental breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1thatlovestoshop
HolidayInnSuitesMiss, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and do hope to see you return in the near future!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The minute I walked into the lobby I noticed how the chained upgraded themselves. Nicely renovated everything. They had a little snack/munchie bar by the front desk. The room was set up great. Nice decor going on, spacious and loved how it had a Nitendo 64 remote control for games. The only thing is everything is a 15-20 walk depending on where you go.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fionaxo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The just renovated Holiday Inn Hotel is a very nice choice. We stayed there several months ago while it was undergoing renovations and now the renovations are all pretty much completed (they were still working on furniture in the dining room when we were there a few weeks ago). This is a stylish, nicely decorated Holiday Inn with suites. The service is excellent - better than most hotels. Clearly, the management (the Manager's name is a Mr. Constantine as I recall) has done a great job overseeing this large staff because in addition to being professional and polite - they are also HAPPY! Happy employees send a great vibe and the atmosphere in this hotel is congenial and warm. I was at the front computer desk doing some searching for restaurant directions and overheard the staff talking about rectifying a guest issue - it was spoken between them with real concern about how to fix a problem and how quickly they could accomplish it - a very good sign of a motivated staff with a quality too rare these days - they care. Again, hat's off to management. The Manager was also often at the front desk and often around overseeing and checking on things - another great sign.

We had a deluxe king bed suite room. It was the nicest and largest bedrooms I think I have ever been in from a hotel chain (versus a boutique). My girlfriend commented on the bathroom shampoo and conditioner being the best quality she has ever seen - she loved the product provided. The bed sheets were also of very high quality and - this was a first for us - the hotel provides both soft and firmer pillows to tailor to individual preferences.

My youngest 14 year old daughter also came along and she had a nice fold out bed and her own tv (which she enjoyed) in the central room. I also took her to the pool and she very much liked that. I used the workout room three days and would note that it is a bit spartan but then I noticed the last day that there is a sign for complimentary use by guests of an outside full service gym. Wish I saw that the first day. The whirlpool was being worked on and was not in use - I let it pass given the renovations being completed.

We ordered a recent theatre movie to watch one night for $4.99 ("Hyde Park on Hudson" highly recommended flick). Many other movies are available at various prices.

We did not eat in the restaurant. This is Toronto after all and the restaurants are a main reason we come to visit so often (especially the Southeast Asian foods so hard to get of this caliber anywhere else and which there are plenty in Mississauga - I highly recommend Chi's Congee Restaurant). I did have a Sleeman's draft at the hotel bar which was $6.50 or $7.50, as I recall. My girlfriend had a red wine which she said was fine. The hotel should consider a happy hour.

I will note again the free parking. Too many hotels in Toronto, even in the outlying areas, charge for parking. Some charge a lot. Hotels charging for parking, especially those with huge lots way away from downtown, are really just a dishonest extra room fee and which I decry. Again, kudos for Holiday Inn here already figuring the cost in their room fee, not charging for parking and for being straight-up and honest.

Despite the hotel being packed for a wedding and reception and a US holiday weekend, the room we had was extremely quiet. The heavy drapes may have helped as well. We didn't hear outside planes, trains or automobiles, no flushing toilets or tvs in other rooms disturbed us and if kids were running around the halls, we certainly did not hear them either. We slept well both nights we were there.

So here it is in a nutshell. A really nicely decorated and very well run hotel with large, quiet rooms, very well managed, a happy professional and caring staff and free parking. What more could you want? No, breakfast is not included. No deal breaker with me. This is Canada and there is a Tim Horton's always around the next corner.

Room Tip: Spring for the King Deluxe Suite if you plan on spending time in the room; otherwise the other rooms...