“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Fort Worth, United States
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is an ideal place to stay! Staff were very friendly and always available when needed. Room was cleaned and room service was great! Overall environment created a very relaxing atmosphere. I would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Makisha

Thank your for posting your thoughts and taking the time to write your comments.

Feedback is always important to continually improve our services.

See you when next in Mississauga.

Thank you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

There are so many hotels in Mississauga that are so much better than this one I occasionally have to stay in a hotel in Mississauga for business. Because I have a busy morning schedule, I rely on a hot cup of coffee and breakfast to keep me going. I have to be at work early, so I depend on the complimentary breakfast offered by the hotel. This hotel has set it's breakfast buffet up as if it is complimentary .Don't fall for it! Even though there is no menu, you are not greeted and seated and there are no posted prices or TOLD a price when you order food...you will pay $6.50 for a bowl of oatmeal! This is sneaky and dishonest, reason alone to never return. Also, the hotel pool was ice cold, small and had no washrooms or changerooms inside it. I am pretty sure thats illegal. If a kid has to go to the toilet instead of the pool... where do they go?!Where are you supposed to change? Even though the room was non-smoking, when I got in at 1am, it REEKED of cigarette smoke, I mean nauseatingly so.BUT, I had to be up in 3 hours, what was I going to do, cut another hour moving rooms?! This hotel has to smarten up.They have massive competition in the area and have to go the extra mile to please people. I , for one, will never go back and I will advise my co-workers to never go there.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Megan M
Dear traveller.

My apologies for the late response and for your unpeasant stay with us. I would like to speak with you directly I can be reached by calling the hotel directly or via email at bob.cullen@hilton.com.

On a side note as a Hilton Garden Inn our brand standard is to have a buffet style breakfast at an additional charge per Hilton Worldwide. Some Hilton brands however do include such an ammenity.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My partner and I needed a weekend away... We are new parents and wanted our experience to be adventurous yet safe... The staff were accommodating and very pleasant when we asked about transpiration and amenities available in the hotel. It truly offered what we needed and I highly recommend this location. Will will return again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Mississauga

I am pleased you had such a great stay with us and look forward to a return visit from you to our hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel were excellent. I would come back just for the amazing service. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious (unfortunate that it isn't covered in the price).

1 Thank Claire U
Good day

And thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I will pass your comments regarding our team at the hotel to all.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga is pretty much like every other Garden Inn we have stayed in. The buildings all seem to be identical on the outside with almost identical interiors and layout. The Mississauga hotel has its good and bad points.
Good: rooms were spotlessly clean, location is great for getting into downtown Toronto, great outlet shopping 5 minutes away in Heartland Town Centre, front desk employee who I think was called Melanie (?) forgive me if I am wrong, went out of her way to help me contact Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park.
Bad: we arrived 45 mins before official check-in time (3pm) and were told we would have to wait for rooms to be available. As we sat waiting, two other groups of guests arrived and were assigned rooms immediately. We finally got our room keys just before 4pm! The beds (small doubles and not queen beds) were extremely uncomfortable and we never located the switch that supposedly adjusts the firmness of the mattress - it just wasn't there. I also wonder why the Hilton Garden Inn never provides a sofa bed for children to sleep on? There was plenty of room to do so, in fact there was enough room for a third double bed! Our son had to share with us and it wasn't that comfortable to do so in such a small bed!
The laundry room costs double what is costs in the US Hilton Garden Inn's and the machine is smaller so three loads ended up costing $14 Canadian to wash and dry.
Breakfast is almost $13 per head and it is very hard to find a deal that includes breakfast at the Hilton!
On our third night we were literally knocked out of bed by the most horrendous noise. The fire alarm went off and at 2am we had to make an emergency evacuation out into the car park. The fire service arrived and at around 2.30 the hotel was given the all clear and we all filed back in but getting back to sleep was particularly hard with all the adrenalin going through us.
On our first night there my daughter accidentally ordered an in house movie ($16) and went straight down to the front desk to ask them to cancel the request. The front desk assured her the request hadn't gone through and no movie was shown. At check-out we were charged ($18) for an in-house movie!

All in all I don't want to mark the hotel down as really it is a pretty bog standard Hilton Garden Inn, it just wasn't our best stay at one this time!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Windmill64
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond to make guests feel welcome. From the front desk to the restaurant staff to the housekeeping team, everyone did their part to make my stays here comfortable. I stayed here more than 50 nights this year and I found the rooms to be consistently clean and well maintained. The restaurant food is quite good and room service is quick and well prepared. The lobby is usually quiet and relaxing. The immediate area surrounding the hotel is pleasant and safe and there are several small restaurants and a grocery store within a few blocks. The hotel is close enough to the freeway to be convenient but far enough away to avoid freeway noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Good day

I truly appeciate your overwhelming acolades about us. I especially appreciate the title "Best Customer Service" as it simply is what we strive for.

Thanks so much

Fromt Office Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great family experience. A little pricey but its was worth it. The staff were friendly, they provide great breakfast for a reasonable price. The room design is simple but neat. Internet was taking long to load.

Room Tip: Book early