“Decent value offering, but SMELLY rooms!”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Location is prime for business trips; price is also very reasonable. Rooms still have heavy smoke smell (not renovated since becoming smoke-free); lobby bar/restaurant has limited hours, with not much else near hotel to compensate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Good day

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I appreciate the time involved in writing reviews.

Our hotel does offer a few smoking rooms. I'm not sure where your room was located but when you visit in the future ask at check in to be away from our smoking rooms as an option to you. However in the future, smoking rooms may be eliminated from our inventory. We do have restuarant options availble in the area that are easily accessable. Our front desk team would be happy to offer alternatives.

Thank youi again for your review and hope to see you in the future.

Many regards

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My fiance and I decided to treat ourselves to a night away from home for the long weekend and stayed at this hotel in Mississauga near the 401. It has a lovely decor in the front lobby which I've come to expect from the Hilton Garden Inns.

The male front desk person had a great personality. When he asked me if I'd stayed there before, I told him not at that location but at the Niagara location. When he handed me my key he joked that he gave us a "fallsview room". Too funny. He was extremely personable throughout check in and again when I had to return as one of the two cards we were given for the room didn't work. The female front desk person was also very friendly with a great sense of humour when we went down to grab some water and pop from the pantry. Great staff!

Our room was spacious and clean, we had a king-sized bed, desk, fridge (a MUST for me because I need cold bottled water) and comfortable seating for reading. My fiance complained some about the mattress we had, it was uneven on his side of the bed so he had a bit of a difficult sleep. The bathroom was a good size but the shower curtains barely went past the edge of the tub so it soaked the floor when we each had a shower. It was a very quiet hotel though, so we got the peace and quiet we wanted.

We took a dip in the spa they have in the pool room. It was the perfect temperature but only two jets worked somewhat, the jet timer didn't operate, this was noticed by other guests that were getting in shortly after we emerged. Still, sitting in that heated water was very relaxing and did the trick, even though we missed the jets.

If you want a lovely and quiet place to stay in the Mississauga area, then this is a good option. It's not far from Square One shopping mall but out of the way enough to be peaceful. It's also convenient to get to and a great price!!

Other than the couple of minor things I mentioned, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and were accommodated.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Good day

And thank you for your comments to which I have shared with the team. I'm really happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to a return visit.

Just a quick note regarding the king bedded rooms at our hotel they are adjustable for comfort so each side can be adjusted to a guests specific needs. My apologies if you were not aware of that ability. With regards to the whirlpool the jets may just needed to have been reset. On your next visit there is a phone conveniently located in the pool area where any one of our team can assist you.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 18, 2013

had a very nice stay, the team was very helpful. They gave me good advices and could answer all my questions. I noticed that the machines in the fitness center are quite old and could be replaced. The breakfast was nice and cooker was nice as well. Nice rooms

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I can appreciate the time it takes to write reviews and your comments are most welcome. I have mentioned your comment regarding the fitness centre but at present time there is no plans for renovations in that area.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you.

Regards

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in May for a business trip. Hotel was very close to 401. Very easy to find and close to amenities. About 10 minute drive from Square 1 shopping center.
Staff was wonderful on check-in. Plenty of parking available for hotel.
Room was clean and spacious. Free wifi in room.
There is a small restaurant area in the lobby. We did not eat there but it looked decent.
Not super close to airport- not sure why anyone would pick this hotel other than for a business trip but lovely stay overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for your comments which we always share with the team. I will certainly let my staff know your thoughts.
When next in the area I hope ours will be your hotel of choice.
Thanks again for sharing your lovely thoughts

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Always great to my family and I. We have stayed here each year for my kids dance competitions and they welcome us with open arms. Great Price with a full breakfast. Know me by name. They are a great bunch of workers and deserve the positive feedback. Thank you again for a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thnak you for your comments. We always look forward to hosting your group and look forward to next year.

See you then

Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really nice, very clean rooms. Rooms need a little updating like they have done in the lobby but they do have all the technology amenities you need for business. Was there for business and using the Hershey centre so the location was great. The fitness centre is clean but too small and only 3 runners and some free weights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear James F

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We appreciate the time it takes to comment. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again should the need arise.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The rooms are TIRED, TIRED, TIRED. Carpet was a little crudy. Wallpaper borders at the ceiling? How 80s. Lousy hair dryers, midgrade towels. Very slow to clear parking lot of snow which fell over the three days I was there. Only had a very abbreviated breakfast one morning and it was good with a broad range of offerings. The lobby is comfortable and a much used meeting place. LOVED (not) having to take / make calls sitting on the bed because there was no phone on the desk. Loud banging noises in the night prompted me to call the front desk. The "guest line" was busy for :20. Finally dialed zero and got someone who told me it was snow falling off the roof and hitting the ground. Dude, really? I may be young but I wasn't born yesterday. It went on and on and on. Whatever. It was right in line with my request for a quiet room and assurances that what they were giving me, only to find I was directly adjacent to the elevators. Honestly, I guess it's just "tell the people something and hope they buy it".

The stay was fair . . . I will look for a different accommodation next trip up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Bob C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input as a young business traveler and we apologize for the disappointing aspects of your stay. We will use your feedback on our guestroom appointment and front desk service as we constantly work to improve our guests' satisfaction.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve the next time you visit our area.
I would like to discuss your stay further, please email myself directly with a convenient time for me to reach out to you at bob.cullen@hilton.com