“A wonderful hotel - very great find!”

Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This hotel was rated 37 out of 54 in Mississauga, so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived with my family and saw how lovely the hotel was from the outside. Inside, was just as lovely.

The front desk clerks were very friendly and at $125 the price was fair, considering a breakfast is included in the rate. There are numerous items in the breakfast to choose from: two hot items which change daily, muffins, donuts, bagels, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, juices, coffee, tea, etc. - more than enough to get your morning started. Coffee is available 24 hours.

There is an indoor pool which is open till midnight and an exercise room.

Overall, this is a very clean and well run facility that offers quite a few extras for a reasonable rate.

There are many restaurants and shopping centers within about 10 minutes.

Would definately stay again if in the area!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2008

November 2008

Warren Bowles
Hampton Inn Toronto Mississauga West

Good afternoon Warren,

Sorry for the delay but life is just getting back to normal, with two wedding in 6 months, we returned home and just did nothing for a week. What both my wife and I would like to say is a great big “THANK YOU” to you and your staff for the effort and thoughtfulness they extended to our group. Everyone we spoke to since the wedding, tells us how much they were made to feel at home by your staff over the weekend. We will not forget the kindness and services that you offered to make the wedding a total success.

When we are next in Toronto , we will look forward to staying at your hotel again.

Please pass on our “Thank you” to your staff members and thank you again

Steve Sharpe
Ottawa Canada

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed at several Hampton Inns in USA in the last few years and we were very satisfied. However, this hotel was below the average. The staffs apparently to be less friendly or helpful. The breakfast wasn’t that great compared with other Hampton Inn breakfasts. We did request a non-smoking whirlpool room when we made the reservation. However, they did not have any non-smoking whirlpool room when we checked in but at least they did deduct $ 40 from our bill so we didn’t complain. We did enjoy using the whirlpool and I couldn’t smell smoking but my husband did smell a little. They did try to clean our room as much as possible. The room was not that bad and the bed was comfortable.

If we ever come back to this area, we would prefer to stay at a different hotel. Overall, this hotel is not that bad but it’s not the Hampton Inn we experienced.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 20Sandy03
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I have a local client - so I stay here about 2-3 nights per month for the last couple of years. I'm a business client - so I'm not viewing this as a family/vacation destination.

1) The quality of the hotel has dropped steadily in that time (upkeep, friendliness of staff, attention to detail, etc).

2) Make sure you book through the discount sites. The rooms at this hotel are consistently over-priced through the Hilton site. Note that they often only offer different room types so that their lowest price guarantee policy is preserved (because the rooms aren't identical).

+ Good location, safe, some local restaurants, usually quiet.
- Declining quality & upkeep, hilton price scam.

It's history shows -- it's basically a Comfort Inn with a Hampton sign.

I'll be staying at the Marriott/elsewhere in the future.
This location will be a Plan B.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MadeInCanada67
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Booked this hotel by mistake and despite the fact there is no bar or restaurant, the rooms are very comfortable indeed with a huge bed.

Breakfast was not great and the coffee on offer was not to great either. There was also a musty smell downstairs which was hard to shake.

Great rooms though and pretty good value!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We were very disappointed in our stay at this hotel. They had upgraded us to a suite, but when you went in the door, there was a large chair at the desk that blocked the passage to the bedroom and there was no convenient place to put the chair that would be out of the way. The bed was not comfortable. The bathroom was not very clean. I use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and we returned to our room after being gone about 12 hours to find the machine had been turned on by the cleaning staff. Fortunately it had sufficient water in it that it didn't burn up the machine. When I complained to the person at the desk he didn't seem to interested. I explained what could have happened and his comment was "Okay, I get it". Another day we came back to find they had not given us any washclothes or shampoo. I called the front desk and he said I could come down and get some, but I had already gotten ready for bed when I noticed it, so I asked if he could please have someone bring it up. He did bring it up, but I don't think it was my responsibility to go down and get the items.
We would not stay in this particular hotel again.
They said it had been recently redecorated, but the carpet had a hole in it, so obviously they hadn't replaced everything. I don't think it was up the Hampton's usual standards.
I found out after leaving that they should have explained the 100% satisfaction guarantee they offer, but since I didn't know about it, I couldn't ask for a refund for any of the time we spent there.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kewpiequilter
Reviewed May 6, 2006

I used to stay at this location when it was a Comfort Inn. Recently they changed the brand to a Hilton, and boosted their rates. Same old hotel, however, the rate increase does not justify that there is no addition to quality for the quantity you pay. I am disappointed in this hotel, for not giving its regular customers the same rates, instead of charging them enormous increases! If you want to charge more money, give the guest something in return!!! Personally I think brand change does not justify a rate increase as what this hotel has done!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business