“Huge Selection No MSG Hangover”
Review of Wasabi Resturant

Wasabi Resturant
Ranked #832 of 1,676 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (905) 670-5588 It's a buffet
Toronto, Canada
“Huge Selection No MSG Hangover”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Wasabi has a huge buffet. Neat part is that they have standard Chinese buffet fair but also freshly made sushi and a selection of North American offerings. The food is very decent quality for a buffet restaurant. It's a great alternative to sushi or Chinese buffet as it has both rolled into one. Service is decent though at times the place can be busy and is huge!

Visited September 2013

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“not what expected”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

in town for work and went as single diner. Was very clear that table for one was not appreciated. Not at all crowded but got almost no service despite watching multiple staff attend to the table of six across from me - probably 15 minutes after sitting down before someone stopped long enough to take a drink order. Never did get a second beer and after sitting with empty table for awhile had to flag someone down to try to get my bill - probably still another 15 minutes or more before could settle up and leave. Went expecting a sushi/sashimi buffet and was very disappointed - there was a decent selection but taste/quality was not as good as what I can get at the grocery store. Buffet was ok for other foods. If looking for "chinese buffet" that has some basic sushi I guess ok but not the buffet selection I was expecting. Maybe problem was due to being there later at night (830ish) but I will not be going back to find out.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank rustyhook
oakville
“Good value a solid 3 out of 5 type restaurant. A step up from mandarin.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Fair food for a buffet. Definately better than mandarin.

Lobster is available for dinner (but served in halves) and costs $22.95. Be advised that this is not live lobster but it is all u can eat.

Children are priced at $1/year.
So a 10 year old would be $10.

Only salmon sashimi, but they do have some specialty roles like soft shell crab.

Standard fare for the rest of the Chinese dish ranging from salad bar, tofresh noodles, deep fried, sautéed meat and rice of course.

Dessert nothing to call home about and I'm sure all comes from a box, but that is to be expected.

They now have Korean BBQ but reservations are highly suggested. Haven't tried that yet though.

Jamestown, New York
“Seriously LOVED!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I came for lunch today and were extremely impressed. We ate so much fresh sushi that no one wanted to eat again for nearly 10 hours. For a family with 3 adults and 2 kids under 12 it was about $65 plus tip for lunch. We have never had such good sushi for that price. Usually it is double and not even half as good. As a vegetarian myself I was so pleased to see the number of options including sushi and hot foods. The ice cream selection was awesome with many unique flavors. The restaurant was clean and had a pleasant atmosphere and the service was both quick and pleasant. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Canada
“Not the greatest.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The restaurant is attached to another one of their partnership, Chako, so when we walked in we were greeted by girls saying, "Welcome to Chako!" My girlfriend and I were confused and asked where Wasabi was. One of the girls told us they were under the same roof and showed us to our table. Once seated we were shortly attended by the server who didn't seem happy to serve us and also admittedly told us they were closing in one hour. Once she left, the girl who sat us down asked us to move since the room we were in closing which was not a big deal. What was a big deal were the selection size of their buffet and their food. I had sweet and sour pork which seemed as if it were sitting there for hours. The sauce was very water downed and very sour than sweet. The miso soup was too salty and the chicken balls were very hard. I had a few jello from the dessert area only to notice whoever made it didn't take enough time to stir in the sugar because that was all i saw; specks of sugar. As you can imagine it was a grainy feeling between my teeth. They rarely replenish their food so many of the plates were more than half empty even tho there was an hour left until they closed. Nothing seemed fresh and the price was a bit too much for what they offered. On a plus side, the restaurant was very nice and clean.

2 Thank kingofleons