“The hotel stay from hell”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel has a card reader that can steal your credit card info I found out after I had already paid my stay, and was stuck in the hotel that had robbed me, how traumatizing. Not to mention the woman at the front desk who stole it told me if I didn't like my reservation I was free not to check in as I requested certain accommodations and did not receive them. Then to get attitude from the maids and fresh towels, avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Angela8888
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Angela8888,

We appreciate the time and effort you took in reviewing our property. It is unfortunate that you felt that we would steal your credit card information and would want to rob you, we certainly did not. We make sure that we follow the proper check in procedures regarding credit card information storage. Thanks for your time.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Polite staff and very reliable internet. Good parking and location. Older building but newer modifications. It's ok but not great. I was upset about not having included breakfast and there is no elevator.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jose R
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Jose R,

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for leaving your comments. I am glad that your internet worked great and overall the stay was pleasant. Unfortunately due to the building being over 30 years old and having only two floors, we don't have an elevator. The reason we do not have a breakfast is due to the fact of the restaurant on site. We have limitations on serving food. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Checking in took a bit longer than I would have liked, the front desk associate was more concerned about having a conversation with a few guys at the front instead of checking me in. The rooms were clean, although we did ask for connecting rooms and/or rooms on the main floor, we got separate rooms and on the second floor. The absolute worst part about my stay was I was in a rush to leave and forgot my brand new, fairly expensive dress behind. As soon as I realized I called the hotel back the same day. The employee who answered the phone asked me to call back in 30 mins so he could check for me. I called back, and ironically he said the room had been cleaned already and it just so happened that the house keeping manager had left 30 MINS earlier.... So I would have to call back in the morning. I called back the next morning, was told by another employee she would call me back this time, and that she was going to check. I waited over an hour, called again, this time the employee (or manager?) insisted he would call me back, he did, and stated that they found NOTHING in my room. I insisted that he look again, I double checked my luggage and my car, I was 100% sure I left it in the room and was willing AND STILL AM to come back and pick it up. However, apparently the housekeeper didn't find anything in my room. Please DO NOT leave anything behind at this hotel, the house keepers like to help themselves to your belongings. Will NEVER stay at this location again, I will go out of my way to find another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not leave ANYTHING behind.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peach222

Dear Peach222,

Thanks for taking the time out for leaving a review regarding your stay. I am sorry that we were unable to find your dress. I assure you, we have a organized and detailed lost & found system. If your dress was left in the room, it would of been reported. Please contact me directly and we will see how we can help replace it for you. Thank you.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Its the second time my family and I stay here and it is a very nice hotel. We have nothing to complain about! Service and staff are very friendly and welcoming :) We will be coming here again for sure! (Might be nice of they had a gym, just saying ;))

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellingPatty03

Dear TravellingPatty03,

I am glad your family and yourself had a great stay at our hotel. Thanks for taking the time out to leave your thoughts. We are including a gym in our next round of renovations. See you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here last year for our park, sleep and fly and the service was absolutely amazing. This time around not so much. The lady at the front desk didn't seem to care whether we stayed there or not. Last year we didn't eat at the restaurant since we got in late so this time we arrived early planning on supper there. We were told the restaurant was closed, but not given any alternatives in the area. We found some brochures and ordered in some supper. The Wifi was great and the rooms comfortable. Last year we were able to park our vehicle outside our room, this year we had to park in the back where there was a lot of snow and the snow removal was questionable. We had to rock our vehicle into the parking spot, not good. The shuttles were good and we had a very minimal wait at the airport upon arriving back home. The driver was kind enough to drive us to our vehicle. We paid quite a bit this year for what it was and I don't think we will be returning next winter when there are nicer motels down the street with more amenities and a lot less in price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hamilton_OntarioDeb
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, sorry for not being up to your expectations from last year. I am sorry that the staff did not show more interest in your stay, guest service is our number one goal. I am glad that your room was comfortable and the wifi was great. We always have all park and fly guests park in the back of the hotel, it would of been the same last year. We had an unusual winter this year, with a lot of snow. This caused a lot of problems with parking, we are sorry. I am glad that the shuttle was efficient and that you were taken right to your car. We hope that you will give us another try. Thanks and have a great winter!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here Jan 3, 2014 prior to an early morning flight on the 4th. The hotel was very comfortable with an in room microwave, fridge and WI-FI. The bed was especially comfortable, a plus when preparing for a long day of travel.
The check in and check out process was very efficient as was the shuttle service to and from the airport. While the provided parking is just a space at the back of their lot it worked well for us.
The hotel was also near shopping and restaurants which was convenient.
All in all this was a good way to start our vacation and sure beats airport parking.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jlynn2

Dear jlynn2,

Its great to hear your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad that your experience was positive. I am glad that your trip started with us and that you had a great time. Enjoy the rest of the winter, take care.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great service and efficient, stayed here, ate at the restaurant and had a good selection for breakfast in the morning, and left the car here for a trip to Costa Rica, great shuttle service. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay when flying out of Pearson

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Russ W

Dear Russ W,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I am glad that you had a good stay. During the winter months, Park and fly is very busy and we are always trying to perfect on our shuttle service. It is great that the shuttle was efficient and on time. I hope you had a great trip! Take care.