“Great option for those needing park & fly”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here Jan 3, 2014 prior to an early morning flight on the 4th. The hotel was very comfortable with an in room microwave, fridge and WI-FI. The bed was especially comfortable, a plus when preparing for a long day of travel.
The check in and check out process was very efficient as was the shuttle service to and from the airport. While the provided parking is just a space at the back of their lot it worked well for us.
The hotel was also near shopping and restaurants which was convenient.
All in all this was a good way to start our vacation and sure beats airport parking.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jlynn2
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear jlynn2,

Its great to hear your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad that your experience was positive. I am glad that your trip started with us and that you had a great time. Enjoy the rest of the winter, take care.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great service and efficient, stayed here, ate at the restaurant and had a good selection for breakfast in the morning, and left the car here for a trip to Costa Rica, great shuttle service. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay when flying out of Pearson

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Russ W

Dear Russ W,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I am glad that you had a good stay. During the winter months, Park and fly is very busy and we are always trying to perfect on our shuttle service. It is great that the shuttle was efficient and on time. I hope you had a great trip! Take care.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while having eye surgery. When checking in, the gentleman at the desk was very nice and eager to accommodate my needs. The updated, main floor room was neat and clean and very comfortable. The maid was friendly and eager to be of help. Checkout was easy and quick. As well, there is a Golden Griddle restaurant at the end of the hall and the food was reasonably priced and tasty and the hotel gives you a discount towards your breakfast. All in all, a good stay and we will definitely stay there again. Be aware there is a damage deposit required upon checkin but if you don't do any damage it is not a problem!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank greyrose58

Dear greyrose58,

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your comments. I know that your were in for eye surgery and I am glad that my staff were able to make you feel comfortable during that time. Thanks for the positive feedback, take care!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I found myself here after having my flight cancelled during the winter storm in early 2014. We were lucky to even find a room with so many stranded travelers!

The room and amenities are very simple, but it was clean, the bed was decent, and the staff was helpful, even refilling our water bottles on request as they had run out of bottled water.

For a sudden or even a planned layover near Pearson Airport, this hotel does the job and is very reasonably priced.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flint M

Dear Flint M,

Thank you for leaving your comments. I am glad that you were able to find accommodations on that snowy, cold night. More over, I am glad that you had a chance to stay with us and that your stay was satisfactory. We hope to see you again, take care.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

3 of us stayed in a double queen bed room. While the hotel room was really nice, clean and comfortable I was not impressed with customer service we received. I booked our room over the phone with Choice Privileges and was given the room rate including all taxes and charges and then when we got there we asked if we could have a main floor room as there is no elevator and we brought a lot of stuff. So he tells me its an extra $5 charge??? I think that was absolutely ridiculous but we agreed as we really wanted main floor. So the next morning when we went to check out I was given a bill of $15 more then what I was told rather than $5. Of course the man that checked us in was not working when we checked out and the 2 ladies more or less had no explanation and tried making excuses about taxes and other charges meanwhile I showed them the confirmation email I received that very clearly stated the price and that it included ALL taxes and other charges. Needless to say I will be contacting Choice Privileges tomorrow to inquire and complain!

Overall the hotel was good for what it was intended for... a place to get ready and rest after a night out. Comfortable beds, very clean rooms however the walls I think are pretty much paper thin since our neighbours woke us up just with them talking to each other.

I would recommend the hotel but make sure to be clear with them on pricing!!!
Oh and no breakfast is included...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cdn_shawty
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear cdn_shawty,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay. I am very glad that your stay was comfortable, and am very pleased that you would recommend us again. I am very sorry for the mix up regarding the room rate. We normally have a higher rate on the first floor, due to demand (no elevator, sliding patio doors), therefore it makes business sense. This is why you would of been charged a different rate for moving to the first floor (it should of been explained better). Please feel free to contact me directly, I could look at the charges for you. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Absoloutley the worst hotel stay in my life. The staff is horrible, they seem like they take pleasure in making your stay with them a bad one. They talk down to you as if you were nothing and make you feel nothing but un-welcomed. Room service comes to knock at your door at 9 am even if you advise the front desk otherwise or even put the do not disturb sign. The thing that really ticked me off is that upon checking out they verified my room for the deposit money and found that there was a coffee stain on the fitted sheet of the bed. I tried to make them understand that it was an mistake and that i could try and wash it out for them if they wanted but they went on saying that they were going to keep the deposit money until they would see if the stain came out or no. When i started to politely argue with them the front desk lady called the supervisor and he started to say that he would call the POLICE ? The police on a guest who's spent over 2000 dollars in there facility and who doesn't appreciate to get ripped off. Anyways all this to say that unless you are looking to be frustrated throughout your whole stay i do not recommend you stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: do not go here
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Blazy K

Dear Blazy K,

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately due to the policies that you signed for on the registration card at check in, which were not followed, we had to charge a damage fee. If at any time management becomes aware of illegal activity, the police need to be contacted for help in the case of eviction. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I politely asked front desk if I could speak with Harry the General Manager. I was told that he was in a meeting and was really busy. What they failed to do was close the blinds and it was clearly visible that he was just on his computer, prolly writing a response on trip advisor to an unhappy guest. If they had an adequate commenting system my concern could have most likely been alleviated. What's the purpose of management if they're constantly "unavailable".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lester728,

Thank your for leaving your thoughts. I would never intentionally ignore any of my guests if they wanted to speak to me, I am truly sorry. There are times when people come to solicit services to the hotel, which at times cannot be tended to right away. I am a "hands on owner" and I am always available for my guests. Please contact me directly, I would be happy to address any concerns that you may have. Thank you.