“OK for overnight transit”

Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
“OK for overnight transit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Rooms small, but clean. OK for transit between planes, which is what I used it for. Shuttle service to and from airport reasonably prompt. Check-in and out friendly and prompt.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sitko
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks for giving our hotel a review. I am glad to hear that your overall stay was a positive one, and things went smoothly. Unfortunately the building was built in the 80's and room size was not taken into consideration during those times. We have recently renovated and have added some larger suites. We would like to see you back at our property, and maybe you can check out one of our new rooms. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

We booked the hotel as a “park-sleep-fly” package and would be parking our car for 6-days and returning to stay overnight at the hotel on the 7th night.

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday afternoon. Registration went very smoothly– as expected, we had to pay in advance in order to leave our car. We were given a tel. number to call to arrange for a shuttle to pick us up at the airport once we returned from our holiday. The shuttle picked us up at the arranged time (nice newish van, very pleasant driver) and got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight – everything seemed good.

Unfortunately, our return experience was completely different. As planned, we arrived at the airport after midnight and immediately called the hotel. We were told they’d send a shuttle right away. We waited ….after 30-minutes we noticed the continuous stream of shuttles from other nearby hotels returning for the 2nd time. We called our hotel and were told they would "call again for a shuttle". After 15-minutes, we called again and were advised it would be yet another 20-minutes. The van that finally arrived was pretty old & rickety - not impressed.

On arriving at the hotel this time, the check-in did not go well either. I was told that even though I'd settled out account "in full" when I paid for our room 6-days earlier, I hadn’t been charged the “correct amount” and now owed them an additional 9$. At first I thought it was a little shady as the Clerk didn’t explain very well and kept asking for my credit card (then he said, “oh, he already had it on file and could just use that”). As it were, it seems they'd forgotten to charge me the tax and I would have to pay this additional amount before I could get my room. When we checked out next morning, I raised my complaint with the “manager” but she seemed to feel both the shuttle situation & check-in were the norm.

The room itself was okay, albeit a bit tired and not as close to the airport as some of the other hotels. All in all, could probably do better.

Room Tip: The wall are quite thin. Maybe bring earplugs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nancy_Ottawa
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear guest,

We value your opinion that you shared about our property. It allows us to evaluate what our customers are thinking about their time with us. I am glad to hear that your car drop off went smoothly with the front desk attendant, unfortunately she forgot to charge you the tax on the room. It was myself who realized that you were not charged the tax portion and I left a note for the front desk to collect at check in, sorry for the confusion. We thought the total time it took for the shuttle to pick you up and for you to get checked in was about an hour. If this was not the case, I apologize. The shuttle timings are usually quite prompt, this incident was unfortunate. We would Ike to see you return, and maybe you can check out one of our deluxe rooms, take care.
Kanata
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Beds were comfortable. There was adequate light in the room. Adequate parking. Clock on the bedside table so if you wake up it is easy to tell the time without having to put on a light and disturb your spouse/other

No one to help carry bags up stairs and no elevator ( this is an airport stopoff hotel so people often have quite a bit of luggage ). no breakfast provided ( Day's Inn does ). It was a chilly walk to a nearby restaurant. Although it was good to have the radio/alarm clock in the room what was not good was that it went off blaring in the early morning far earlier than we needed to get up. It would be nice if part of preparing a room for new guests was to turn off an alarm a previous guest had set. We arriveed late off a flight and never thought to do it ourselves.

Room Tip: its a hotel with very long corridors so if you don't want to roll your bags for miles ask to be...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stellajim
Dear guest,

The staff and management of the hotel would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travellers. It was nice to hear that your overall room was comfortable. We apologize for not helping you with your bags, as this is something we normally always help our guests with. The housekeeping staff are usually good with shutting off the alarms in the rooms after a guest has checked out, this one was missed. Next time you are going to be staying with us maybe we can make sure you get a ground floor room. Thanks for staying with us.
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I do not want to bash a business. The place seemed just about full and it is probably a good price point for the area but I would not like to return there anytime soon. Rooms were ok but small and noisy from above beside. I could hear the people next door talking at normal volume!
They offered a free shuttle to the airport so that was good and I did a park'n-fly so that was also good. Bed seemed comfortable. I did not see any evidence of breakfast. So in conclusion if you are looking for a place with bare bone and good price in the Airport region of Toronto this is it. I'll pay a little more for a little more 'comfort' at the 'Inn".

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John F
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving your comments. I am glad to hear that your park and fly experience went well. Unfortunately there must of been a few rooms that were a little too loud, and I am sorry. The restaurant is on lease, therefore we do not have a breakfast.
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I'd stayed here two months ago, so the fact that I came back should act as a recommendation. I've no regrets about returning, though I'd forgotten that breakfast isn't including in the rate (at least, it wasn't included in mine which, by the way, was $82 including tax). More on the food angle: a full-service restaurant is attached to the hotel, and my room included a microwave and fridge. The room was clean enough, and the bed comfortable; the wireless internet worked consistently well. The location - a commercial area only a couple of blocks from the 401 - was fine for my purposes, as I was simply passing through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the lifts (elevators) and stairs: on my second floor room, the lift an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Brechin, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

The staff good at reception, rooms ok but washroom needs work, paint peeling from ceiling and walls. Biggest issue is shuttle only goes at top of hour so had to leave earlier than planned in morning and had to wait around airport for too long. Proximity to airport is a plus.
Pick up at airport was great on our arrival back shuttle arrived within 5 minutes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello guest,

Thanks for your comments. We have been working on our rooms quite intensively over the past year, trying to fix any maintenance issues. We have a well experienced shutttle service crew, which makes the trip quite smooth. We would be glad to serve you again, take care!
Black Mountain, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

The staff at the desk is excellent. Rooms are okay but could use a deep cleaning. It is in a good location. Breakfast was good at Golden Griddle.

Room Tip: They apparently have two classes of rooms those that have been freshened up and those that haven'...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toronto Airport Hotel West, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for your comments, I am glad to hear that the front desk staff are treating you well. We have currently implemented a room condition program, including deep cleaning and maintenance. We have totally refreshed a good number of our rooms. See you soon and come check out our new product!