“Teppanyaki”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can I say... It is a good place and I have been here several times with my coworkers at lunch time. The service is fast and the chef is great fun. The food portion and taste is great and the lunch price is amazing.

1  Thank Bilal S

Reviewed March 2, 2013

First, the waitress was very unprofessional. She was very angry and pushy. She had no patience for a few new people to the restaurant who had questions about items on the menu. I suspect that she had either multiple aspects of her life that were not going her way or she was not having a very good night. Either case, her service was poor and 100% unacceptable.

My colleague and I ordered their so-called 'feast' for $25.50. One of the items was supposed to include a whole lobster; however, upon receiving our 'meal', one claw was missing. The manager later informed us that all of their so-called full-lobsters only came with one claw.

At one point, we were waiting more than 30 minutes for them to give us 4 lamb chops which were sub-par.

The most annoying part of this 'feast' was that they failed to deliver to us a number of items advertised on the menu. This included the short ribs and steamed rice.

When we were ready to leave, we immediately asked a different server to speak with the manager. As soon as we began explaining our unacceptable situation to this guy, it was evident that he was used to replying to customers regarding the 'restaurant's' bad service. We explained the situation to him, but all he would offer us in compensation was an insulting 10% discount. He also gave me his card and told me that I should see him the next time I was there and he could do something nice for me. I informed him that I would not come back to his farce of a restaurant and returned his card to him. Did he honestly think that I would waste more of my time and money at his 'restaurant'?

The worst part of our conversation with this joke of a manager was that he suggested that the server did indeed provide us with the rice. It's steamed rice, why would I go after something so insignificant? It was the principle of it. He was accusing us of lying about not getting rice. I will never go back to this restaurant again and I advise everyone who reads this review to stay away. Save yourself the time and money. Toko Sushi is a very poor restaurant and mananged in a very unprofesional manner.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have dined with our toddler at Tako Sushi many times in the last 18 months. We generally go for dinner, on the early side, so it usually isn't a rush time. We have always had really nice meals there. I usually get the sushi and sashimi silver combo or a bento box. You can't beat the prices on the sushi and I haven't had better salmon sashimi in Mississauga yet. The staff is always pleasant, as well as patient with our sometimes quite messy son (we do our best....) Occasionally they will seem to forget about us, but it's easy to flag someone down and then everything is taken care of quickly. It is one of the few nice places we can go out and eat for under $50 together, so that's nice too. The only thing I can't whole heartedly recommend is the lobster special. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't get it again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was surprised. The qualtiy of food was so excellent, given that they charge "fast food" meal price. Their sushi, lobster, and lamb dishes are fresh and and visually appealing. I try a new dish each time and have never been disappointed.
Service is generally efficient, but when the place is packed, some servers tend to forget to be pleasant.
Everything considered, I would definitely recommend this place. 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went here for dinner last Wednesday (22-Aug) with a girl friend who actually recommended the place. Never been here and check the menu on website so I'll be ready and can actually spend more time catching up with my friend. This restaurant was indeed a surprise and delight for me. I am not a big fan of Japanese food but the restaurant offers a variety of menu to accomodate everyone taste and food prefrence (not a sushi fan). This restaurant actually even have a menu for vegetarian people. Restaurant decor was nice and clean. Staff was efficient and very accomodating to us for my friend and I stayed till closing and they were very polite even though the place was busy. Food was great as in generous in portion. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I am actually excited to bring my family so definitely will come back. The price was great and affordable as well. Good value for your money.