“Great value, very good sushi and sashimi, pleasant dining.”
Review of Tako Sushi - CLOSED

Tako Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have dined with our toddler at Tako Sushi many times in the last 18 months. We generally go for dinner, on the early side, so it usually isn't a rush time. We have always had really nice meals there. I usually get the sushi and sashimi silver combo or a bento box. You can't beat the prices on the sushi and I haven't had better salmon sashimi in Mississauga yet. The staff is always pleasant, as well as patient with our sometimes quite messy son (we do our best....) Occasionally they will seem to forget about us, but it's easy to flag someone down and then everything is taken care of quickly. It is one of the few nice places we can go out and eat for under $50 together, so that's nice too. The only thing I can't whole heartedly recommend is the lobster special. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't get it again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was surprised. The qualtiy of food was so excellent, given that they charge "fast food" meal price. Their sushi, lobster, and lamb dishes are fresh and and visually appealing. I try a new dish each time and have never been disappointed.
Service is generally efficient, but when the place is packed, some servers tend to forget to be pleasant.
Everything considered, I would definitely recommend this place. 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went here for dinner last Wednesday (22-Aug) with a girl friend who actually recommended the place. Never been here and check the menu on website so I'll be ready and can actually spend more time catching up with my friend. This restaurant was indeed a surprise and delight for me. I am not a big fan of Japanese food but the restaurant offers a variety of menu to accomodate everyone taste and food prefrence (not a sushi fan). This restaurant actually even have a menu for vegetarian people. Restaurant decor was nice and clean. Staff was efficient and very accomodating to us for my friend and I stayed till closing and they were very polite even though the place was busy. Food was great as in generous in portion. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I am actually excited to bring my family so definitely will come back. The price was great and affordable as well. Good value for your money.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I really liked the restaurant . Very efficient service and nice ambience. Only problem i had was that it was very busy and I felt that staff just wanted us to eat and get out as soon as we were done. I will visit again.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Table dining offers friendly servers doubling and tripling up to accommodate guests. (shared tips).
Some very reasonable, authentic choices - Donburi, some Bento boxes - as well as a variety of western sushi adaptations. A full dinner for two - including edamame, tea, salad, miso, entreée and ice cream - try the red bean- for $25
At the cooking tables, good food prepared while you watch, but the show can be theatrical, and corny. They do great things with lobster very reasonably.

This is our favourite neighbourhood Jspanese place (much more than just sushi), and we've never had to wait for a table.