“disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
London
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

The Days Inn website advertises this hotel as 'recently renovated' - I'd be surprised if the room we were given had seen a lick of paint or anything of the kind in the last 10 years or more! The wallpaper was old and peeling, the bathroom was discoloured, the paintwork was chipped, the furnishings were dated, the sheets were clean but had a couple of holes. It's serviceable for an airport stopover (staff were friendly, breakfast is ok, the rooms were clean, it's only a 10 to 15 minute cab ride from the airport). But it is frustrating to be misled and it doesn't seem good value for money. The fridge, hairdryer and bathroom fixings were of the kind I haven't seen since I was a kid! Definitely not recently renovated. I've stayed in budget hostels that were better. Combined with the taxi company that has a monopoly at the airport and will rip you off (the hotel advised that they do it to everyone!) it made for a disappointing introduction to Canada.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chatham Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

Great Value for the money from this hotel Clean room lots of food a breakfast good location

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Swansea County, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

Clean, efficient, friendly. Reasonable restaurants near by. What more do you want after a long flight.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank ABull
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2006

I picked this place cause it was near where I needed to be, and was the cheapest and yet most decent looking. I got my room for $85 (cdn) a night, which was better than I could find anywhere.

The front desk guy was suuuuper nice, and very helpful with assisting us in mapping out our destinations.

There's no elevator, which was bad, because I had a huge bag, and was there for surgery, and not allowed to lift anything... but luckily I had someone with me.

No restaurant in the hotel. It was fine with me, cause I wasn't allowed to eat either!! Not a huge problem for the other person I was with. There was a Subway just across the street, and pita place and fish/chip place right next to it. Also within walking distance was a Tim Hortons, and a few restaurants.

The rooms were nice-ish. Nothing super fancy, but much nicer than I had expected.

The ice machine was broken! But fixed the day we left.

The wireless internet was pretty weak! I had problems connecting and staying connected... but managed to get done what I needed to. If I needed a reliable connection, there was a computer in the lobby for guests to use.

The complimentary breakfast (which I never had, but heard about) was muffins, donuts, bagels, juice and coffee. Nothing special, but free, so who cares.

I would recommend this place to anyone. I would stay there again anytime, and next time I go to Toronto/Mississauga, I will.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank getmeouttaAB
DaysInnMIssissauga, General Manager at Days Inn Toronto West Mississauga, responded to this review, November 1, 2006
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are extremely happy that you had a great experience while staying at our hotel.

In regards to the weak wireless connection, We have since upgraded our wireless network. We have doubled the number of access point . There is a very strong signal through out the building.

I hope you get a chance to visit us again soon.

Best Regards,
Mahmood Kara
Days inn Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2005

The room was clean as expected, but decor was somewhat outdated looking. Breakfast was ok, but some stuff ran out and was not refilled. Stairs only, no elevator, so be prepared to carry everything you have if you're not on the first floor! The wireless internet connection quality was low and sometimes disconnected. Receptionist was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2005

my husband and i have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. it is modern, clean and in a nice area, which is close to all amenities. there is a pizza place and tim hortons eatery right next door. the breakfast at the hotel was adequate consisting of choice of cereal, fruit, bagels, philedelphia cheese and various spreads and also bread for toasting,danish pastries and muffins. tea, coffee (also decaf) and fruit juices were all included. there was a microwave oven for use at any time in reception and also free internet access with a small computor which came in handy. the rooms were nicely furnished, the bathroom had one of the best showers we have come across on our many vacations and the bed and pillows were soft and comfy. we would recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank solace
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

Clean, comfortable and very friendly helpful staff. Smaller hotel than I expected but nonethless decent.
For $99 Cdn, not bad at all.

• Stayed August 2005