“It's a great airport hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Seeing as the hotel is close to the airport, you can't expect amazing amenities, but they do a pretty good job. Got a good rate online, so value was great for an overnight layover in YYZ.

Staff were friendly, room was clean with a comfy bed, and the shuttle service was great to and from the airport. I recommend calling the hotel once you arrive at the airport, because I don't think they show up every 30 mins, I think it's more so "upon request". Had to wait about 25 minutes for the shuttle, but the driver was very nice and personable. The shuttle ride is max 3 minutes as the airport it almost directly across the street.

Didn't try the hotel food as it looked a bit pricey, but there are quite a few fast food and sit down restaurants in walking distance. There is a Tim Horton's within 3 mins, a Subway within 5 mins, and a Wendy's within 10 mins walking distance. I saw a pub in the Comfort Inn hotel about 2 mins walk away, and another restaurant a few buildings down. Since I was only there one night, I just grabbed a quick bite here and there and didn't bother spending lots of money in the hotel restaurant.

Their pool and hot tub were nice, a little small, but not busy at all this time of year. I guess business picks up in about a month or so. It was nice to have a quiet hotel so close to the airport.

I enjoyed this hotel for a one night stay, not sure I could spend much more than that here. My only problem was that the hallway noise was very loud.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank kdg18

Reviewed April 19, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on April 1(transiting to Cuba next morning) and April 9 (back from Cuba and driving to Kingston next morning). The hotel is great for the price we paid (promo at $79.00 per night). Staffs are very friendly and polite. We had couple luggages stored at the hotel while we left for Cuba and it was no probloem at all. Wireless internet is free with great reception. A clean room with all amenities. Pillow is extremely comfortable. Did not try their Hotel food. There are many choices in and around the area. Therefore, food is not a concern.

Will definitely stay again. Another hotel that might have better interest to us will be Sheraton Gateway. May be will give it a try next time also

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunalltheway
Reviewed April 16, 2010

A previous stay at this hotel a couple of years ago was a positive experience. It was clean and very close to the airport for our early morning flight the next day. However, our recent stay was anything but pleasant. Aside from being conveniently located across from Terminal 3 and a reasonable price, there were no other redeeming qualities. Our stay started with a $12 charge to park in the empty hotel parking lot - clearly a money grab. Despite being the only one at the front desk our check-in was very slow. The smell of the room upon entry was that of an old gym bag or locker room. We were very tired but alas sleep was not in the cards. The paper thin walls prevented any sleep due to the all-night long coughing and hacking from the room next door. Couldn't wait to leave the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I always go there when I need to stay near Toronto airport. Just minutes away from the International convention center and from a variety of good restaurants, this hotel not only has good rates but is also very welcoming, clean and it is always a pleasure to come back.

Restaurant in hotel is good and offers lots of different and excellent dishes. My personal faves are the cowboy steak (yum!) and the mushroom pastas. Try it, you'll love it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Room was broken into-Police investigated, Management refused to acknowledge that they had any culpability. Starwood refused to get involved saying it was a franchisee.Vey shoddy treatment by staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Nothing special with this one. The room is not realy clean and tidy, but There was a huge gap under the door to let in a draft as well as noises from people going back and forth outside at all hours. I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank asujantos
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My post says it all. Here for business for 1 week. Walls between rooms are paper thin and I have never experienced anything like this before. I could hear talking from both sides of my room and could actually almost follow the conversation. Incredible. When I mentioned this to one of my staff, they told me that the front desk called them at 11pm to ask them to turn down the TV as there was a complaint from the next room.

The servers in the restaurant are VERY VERY nice but just seemed run down. One night at dinner we could hear the kitchen staff yelling at the waiters... not a nice thing to hear after a long day at work.

The dated clock radio in the room was making odd noises even though I had turned the volume off....I dialed the front desk at 11pm for a wake up call and it rang about 20 times...no answer. I washed up...and then tried again... rang and rang and rang...not sure how long I let it ring but maybe 3 or 4 minutes? Decided to give up and use my blackberry alarm that I have never used before. Worked fine.

Rooms are very basic with tiny sparse bathrooms with cheap soaps/shampoo and grubby marks all around the bathroom door handle. I was looking for my sock one day and found 2 candy wrappers just behind the bed skirt....one of my colleagues had stains on his drinking glass in his room (what was he thinking anyway ...didnt he see the episode on 60 minutes about hotel room drinking glasses?)

Dont get me wrong, this is not a fleabag motel...Its just a crappy sheraton 4 points with apparent poor management. Its worth 50 or 60 bucks per night max if you can manage to get that on priceline.

Good points: close to airport,cheap,free wireless internet and free parking

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business