“Great Choice at Pearson Airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We needed a stopover hotel for one night and I picked this hotel via Expedia based on price, location and availability of a shuttle to the airport.
Check-in was a breeze and our non-smoking room was available.
The property is not fancy, but it is very clean and has all the necessary amenities. Our stay wasn't long enough for me to use the fitness facilities nor the pool. The pool is quite a good size for a hotel pool. There is also a business centre which I wish we knew about since we could have printed our boarding passes. Oh well....
The room was a standard sized room with a very comfy bed, a nice bright bathroom with the necessary amenities, flat screen largish TV, a coffee maker, complimentary bottled water, but no fridge. The free wi-fi worked fine. As with other hotels in this area, the windows do not open. The heating/AC worked well and we were quite cosy.
We had breakfast in their restaurant and I was quite impressed with the breakfast buffet; toast, bagels, croissants, yogurts, fruits, eggs, meats, potatoes, crepe-omelette station, etc.etc. And their coffee was actually drinkable.
We found the staff more than accomodating. The waiter at breakfast couldn't do enough for us. When we missed the shuttle to the airport, the front desk staff graciously offered us a cab.
I would not hesitate staying at this hotel again.

1  Thank Ivona B
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi travellin_lady,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

I am very pleased to read your review and learn that you enjoyed your time with us.

Till next time,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

With a 12 hour layover we chose to stay at a hotel overnight before our early mornng flight back to London. Stayed the evening of Saturday Dec 28th and thanks to Air Canada didn't arrive at the hotel until after 9pm. 3/4 flights with Air Canada --- all late taking off and landing. Most tardiest airline we have used to date!

Anyway - back to the hotel. Stayed on the 5th Floor - Starwood Preferred Guest level.
Nice large comfortable room. All facilities we needed - comfy bed... and as we were late we resorted to room service . BEST French Onion Soup I have ever had!

Nice big TV to watch in bed. Plenty of towels and tea and coffee making facilities.
All that you could need for a night by the airport. Wish i was here longer as I would have liked to have used the swimming pool and seen the other bits of the hotel - like the restaurant.

The Shuttle Service - from and to the airport was very good and on time and complimentary too. Brilliant!

The hotel only dropped a point as the heating/ air-con was loud .... we did not hear any planes - but we had to switch it off as it was drowning out the TV!

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Member --- and you can get on the Preferred Starwood Guest Level
1  Thank Charleygirl76

Hi Charleygirl76,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very helpful review for other travelers here on Tripadvisor. I am very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with.

Great tip by the way!

See you again in the not too distant future,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while attending training being hosted in the hotel.

Overall experience was satisfactory. The building is clean and well-maintained. Most staff was pleasant and eager to help. The rooms are basic but well-appointed. The TV remote stopped working on the second night, but engineering came within 10 mintues and replaced it.

My only complaint was the check-in experience. I called the hotel directly and talked to a female staff member, who informed me they would only place a small hold on my credit card only for incidentals. They would not charge me for the whole stay until the end.

When I arrived, they tried to charge me the whole amount for my stay, which I hadn't cleared room on my credit card for yet. I was forced to pay per day, and extend it each morning. This greatly added to my stress level, and I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel again.

I would hope the hotel clears up their miscommunication between staff in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hi londoncpl,

It’s great to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us, but very unusual to hear that you experienced any issues with our staff. It sounds like there was miscommunication regarding your reservation. Please accept my apology. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly so I can investigate and learn from your experience. My email address is below.

Regards,

jason.goulding@fourpointstorontoairport.com

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed there overnight to catch an early morning flight.
Room was clean, internet was good, restaurant was fine, breakfast was included but I left too early to try it.
It took more than 20 minutes to get to the hotel from airport, but from hotel to airport was less than 10 minutes.
It's a good airport hotel, I was happy with it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ehsan T

Hi Ehsan,

Thanks for staying at our hotel prior to catching an early morning flight. Your feedback is welcome!

See you again soon,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed in Nov 2013, had a lovely time. Hotel is located directly across from airport, and we used the shuttle as well as the "park and fly" services. Restaurant and room service are affordable and tasty!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meagan137

Hi Meagan,

Thanks for the 5 star review! We’re very pleased that you found us convenient while flying out of Toronto.

See you next time through,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The people that run this hotel are the nicest I have ever met, will help with anything. We were stuck in a hotel on christmas eve and day because of the ice storm at our home, the power had been out for 3 1/2 days. A big tip of the hat to staff who tried to help us as best they could.
The rooms are small as we had two beds and just maybe it should have had one, and the heat in this room would cycle for 1 min. every 5 mins. but would never get warm enough.
All in all the staff made it bearable and even made us a turkey dinner(real turkey) on Christmas Day. Thanks so very much.

1  Thank Maurice P N

Hi Maurice,

I wish your visit to us was due to better circumstances. We had many guests stay with us due to the ice storm. Thanks for your kind words about our caring staff. We will definitely share your review with them. We’re pleased that you enjoyed the turkey dinner on Christmas day and thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Four Points for 3 weeks and during my stay I found the Hotel very pleasant and the staff friendly.
The room was the standard size nothing too small or large but everything you would like on your stay except a fridge.
I had complimentary water every day which some hotels do not supply.

The Hotel had a nice Pool and a Gym, but the Gym and changing room where basic and needs updating as this looks very tired.

The bar is was OK but nothing to special and the friendly staff where always welcoming.
The food was very nice and although some of the prices for the drinks where a little high, it’s what you would expect from Hotels anywhere.

On the whole, I enjoyed my stay and would welcome a return should the need arise

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank oldtriangle

Hi oldtriangle,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us for three weeks. We are very happy that you had a comfortable stay. Thanks for the feedback regarding the Gym. We are fast approaching our renovation and will be completely revamping the entire hotel!

See you on your next visit to the area.

Best Regards,