“OMG Loved this hotel!!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
santa clara, ca
“OMG Loved this hotel!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2008

OK - I think most of the reviewers here have this hotel confused with some other hotel ( I think I even read Days Inn in couple of the reviews)...this hotel is f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s and I am hard to please!!

I booked through travelocity and it was advertised as 3 star near toronto airport for $53/night. And after the hotel name was delivered t omy inbox, I checked online currently their rooms go for $125/night..of course its mid may!! so I was pretty excited..why are reviewers giving this hotel a bad rating? Let me recap what I got:
-king size bed with make your back melt awesome mattress
-study table, couch, seperate little full sized closet, with coffee making area and finally free bottled water.
-marble tiled and floored washrooms
-crown moldings with fancy artwork on the walls
-big 32 inch tv (but not flat screen :P)
-excellent customer service
-gorgeous lobby with an excellent bar

along with gym/office room/pool etc which we dint get a chance to visit ..oh and the only con I should mention is, it being this close to the airport, the parking is additional 12 bucks/night..but myf reinds alos stayed at the nearby Hilton and they paid 15/night..so I guess its not so bad after all :-)

so, if you do book this hotel, please do not listen to other reviers. this hotel is NOT OLD AND RUNDOWN, not in need of renovations...I have NOOO idea why reviewrs have said all this?
just as an fyi, when you drive up to it, the outside may not look as impessive as hyatt's but damn its a good hotel once u enter..so looks can be deciving...so please dont' judget this hotel by its cover!!

• Liked — luxurious accomodations, proximity to airport, value for money, free internet, free bottled water
  • Disliked — paid parking
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mirchi17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
drayton
Reviewed March 23, 2008

We had done the hotel stop over with the room booked on the date we returned. It was a late flight in and the shuttle was literally there within 10 minutes or less. When we checked in we didn't get a room with the "king" bed I had requested. We were told they only guarantee you a room, not necessarily the room we wanted. I told the clerk we had small hard beds all week and we wanted a Kingsize to share as this is what we have at home and were looking forward to that. We ended up in the smoking floor. The room did smell of smoke, but the option to end up in a smaller bed was not ok with us, so we settled. Too late to worry about it (2:30 am). The beds were soooooo nice!! I slept better than I did at home and it was also super quiet considering just how close the hotel was to the airport.. They did allow us to check out at 1:00pm. I would use it again....only I would insist they keep my king bed on hold. : )

• Liked — The beds and bes sheets and comforters
  • Disliked — small bathroom area
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2008

We had booked a trip to the Dominican Republic and our flight left at 6am. We thought of all the options we had and figured the park-stay-fly deal was pretty good as they have a 24 hour shuttle service...apparently. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, but as we only needed the room for a few hours of sleep it wasnt that big of a deal. We decided to go for a swim in the pool only to find it ice cold. The jets were all turned off and it wasnt swimmable even though the staff said it was good to go. When it finally came time to leave, the shuttle bus took forever to arrive and when it did come there was only enough room for 8 people so a few others had to wait for another half hour. They only have one small shuttle running at any given time which for a busy hotel right beside the airport is a sham in itself.

The real complaint I have was when we arrived at the airport. We called as soon as we were through customs and were told the shuttle would be there in 5 minutes. Our coats were in my car and most of the people outside waiting for the shuttles were wearing t-shirts or sweaters as they just returned from hot weather. We then saw shuttles for every other hotel you could imagine come by except ours (and a large group of people waiting for the 4 Points as well). Then we saw those same shuttles come back for a second and then third trip. After calling again half an hour later we were told that the bus had already been by and picked up some people. Obviously from the large angry group gathered outside this hadnt happened. 45 minutes pass and another call was made. This time it would be 15-20 minutes wait. We waited for another 10-15 minutes with no luck and decided that an hour wait wasnt worth it so we took a cab for $16. The hotel wouldnt reimburse us and further inquiring let us know that the shuttle bus had actually been broken down for the last hour or 2 and wouldnt be good to go for another 20-30 minutes! Even though we were told it was on its way AND had picked up passengers when it wasnt even possible to do so! Now Im angry and just want to go home. I go out to the parking lot and my car has 4 foot snow drifts on each side. I ask the front desk person if someone will dig me out but he says the maintenance person left at 5:30 pm and that all he could do was lend me a shovel. I was very angry but what choice did I have? Clearly he didnt want to dirty his suit. So I shovel my car out and have to push it out as it was stuck. This took a good half hour and most of the other cars in the parking lot were in the exact same position. Imagine a senior couple having to go out and shovel themselves out and then push their car out to boot! I asked why the snow had not been removed while the maintenance person WAS there and I was told they had a bad couple of days. I am including a couple of pictures to show you what it was like, one of my car and one of a couple in their 60's.

My recommendation is to stay at the Hilton or Holiday Inn as we saw shuttles coming every 10 minutes for those 2. Do NOT stay here unless you want horrible service. I should also mention that they have a seperate check in for their VIP guests meaning there was only one clerk to check us all in so expect to wait 15-30 minutes.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — The staff, parking situation and attitude.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SteelcityHammer
Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2008

It's an airport hotel. A place you should stay in case of your flight being cancelled or something of sorts.
The room is nice enough and so's the lobby, but nothing special. But then again, that's all you need for a night.

The only thing I would NOT recommend is the free van from the airport. When I was there I had to wait almost an hour for it to come while in average all the other hotels send two vans during that period. They all come to the same place. To make matters worse, there's another Four Points Toronto Airport and their van, of course, will not take you to the right place.
It's fine to take the van from the hotel to the airport, since it leaves at a set time and you can reserve a spot in it.
But to get from the airport to the hotel, trust me and get a cab, it'll be less stressful.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank AstroJunq
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I booked the Four Points using Sheraton's central booking number, which I did with some trepidation as the last time I used that number, the agent booked me into a different hotel than the one I requested without informing me. I only found out when I arrived at the hotel to find it full and the helpful staff there tracked down which Toronto Sheraton I had been booked into. This time around I made sure to confirm multiple times which hotel it was and got the street address from the agent to be sure.

On arriving in Toronto airport, I called the hotel directly to request pick up by shuttle. Their night clerk was not particularly friendly and it took some time before he could confirm I was booked with them. He then said the shuttle would be there "soon". Well, after a 30 minute wait, I called the hotel again to be told it would arrive "soon". After another 15 minutes it finally arrived. A pretty long wait for a hotel less than a kilometer away! I asked the driver how often the shuttle ran, and he said every 20 minutes, on the hour and 20 minutes before and after. Right.... . A tip - in the shuttle pickup area, make sure to keep a keen eye out for the correct van, as there are a number of "Four Points Sheratons" and confirm with the driver the street address. Several people in my shuttle arrived at the wrong hotel. Also, while waiting for this shuttle I saw several from the Marriot and Holiday Inn pass by with much greater frequency (like every 10 minutes).

I had no problem getting my room on arrival, but it was pretty basic. The air-con/heater in the room was overly noisy, making sleep a little difficult. But at least it drowned out the hallway and elevator noise.

In the morning I went to catch the shuttle and after another 30 minute wait, called for a taxi to share with several other people also waiting. They also spoke of 45 minute waits the night before and of having to make several phone requests.

Not a place I'd stay in again. Next time I'd go with one of the other big name hotels nearby.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelling_Axe
Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2008

This is a great place to stay if you need an overnighter near Pearson airport. The front desk staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms I found to be clean, despite that you can tell the hotel itself is a bit on the old side. I found the bed to be comfortable, pillows nice and soft! There is a free airport shuttle as well - a first come, first serve situation when leaving the hotel. It leaves the hotel every 20 minutes. It takes 5 - 10 minutes to get to the airport.

The only disappointment I found was the hotel restaraunt. I checked in at 10 p.m. from a late flight, and was told by front desk staff that the restaurant was open until 11 p.m. I phoned the restaurant at 10:32 p.m. to order food - I was starving after a long flight - and the young guy there told me that the kitchen closes for room service at 10:30 p.m., despite what I was told by front desk. I said "hey, it's only 2 minutes past the cut-off", and he basically said "too bad", and that I would have to come down and get pick up my order. I spoke with front desk about this, and the clerk, Patrick, said he would see what he could do (though unfortunately later called me and said he couldn't do anything). When I got down there to pay and pick up my food, I heard another customer try and order food at 10:45, and despite that the kitchen was still supposed to be open for pick-up until 11, he was told by the older fellow (who seemed like the manager) that he was out of luck. This is in REALLY bad taste, because being an airport hotel, shouldn't they be considering the needs of hungry patrons who have just gotten in from a late flight? At least stand by your committment to stay open until 11 p.m., like it is written and posted on the premises! The food itself I found to be okay - better than other airport hotel kitchens.

When I made this complaint to the front desk staff when checking out, they apologized and said they would mention it to management. In the end, I would still recommend the hotel because of the great front desk staff, and the cozy beds. Not entirely sure it was worth the price per night, but it is convenient enough I suppose.

• Liked — close to airport, comfy beds, clean room, good front desk staff
  • Disliked — poor service from the restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Littlebear0023
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2007

A great hotel if you have to overnight in toronto.

this hotel has never let me down, I have always enjoyed staying here if i have to overnight, it is connected to the airport. the rooms are very clean and well kept and quiet.The hotel has everything you need, a good resturant a small gym and a pool. its all well maintained.

it is fairly priced and has unbeatable convienience.

• Liked — its all good
  • Disliked — ???
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business