“Food Poising”

Paramount Fine Foods
Ranked #26 of 1,664 Restaurants in Mississauga
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poising”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

i;ve heard good things about this place and i love middle eastern food. i went there with my family and friends and after a few hours, me, my friend and sister started feeling nauseous and had horrible stomach cramps. I personally had a case of diarrhea that kept me up late night. The chicken sharwara wasn't good either and had mostly lettuce in it but my sister told me not to write this because they were really busy and weren't able to make good food for everyone. the only good thing i got from it was that there service was relatively quick considering how busy they were.

Toronto, Canada
“Delicious, great service, and pricing”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I love shwarma, and typically go to the middle eastern restaurants. A Lebanese friend of mine took me rhe, and I'm sold! So many authentic Lebanese dishes, which I don't know the names for! Customary meat pies, spreads, all yum!!!!!

You order at the front, sit down, and they bring you your food.

Of course, I had to try the shwarma, and it did not disappoint....delicious!

I wish I was closer to this place, as I love the food. I have not tried their location in Vaughan yet, but I will.

If you are a coffee drinker, try their coffee...special name to it, but very authentic, and strong...

• Visited May 2014
Newmarket, Canada
“Avg cafeteria style eating”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were 2 couples on a late saturday evg for dinner. The place was pack and the outdoor seating had a wait time. We took a table inside and started out with the process of ordering. The service was a bit slow and not complete, as we had to request multiple times for glass of water and pita bread which is free and as requested. The food itself was very good. The plain pizza with thyme was excellent. The process is you order, pay for it. Provide your table number and they will deliver. While you wait the Pita is served at the table and someone will bring your order and the waiters will serve you as you request them. This day was not a good day for us. Compare to their Thornhill location the service did not stand to their standard.

“Delicious”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times and the food never dissapoints. Delicious chicken shawarma plates and sandwiches and kabas. They even make the bread freshly themselves. The price is a bit more than your usual middle easter place but the food is worth it and you get ahuge plate for it

Toronto, Canada
“Marvellous Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Paramount is a real middle eastern restaurant run by middle eastern people. The food is not only delicious - its nutritious. It's not your most quietest restaurant - so be prepared for lots of lively chatter all around you. They serve the freshest foods. The baked pita straight from our wood burning oven greets every visitor as soon as you sit down. If you ask nicely - they'll bring you a sampling of their dips to try for free. The charcoal barbecued meats are done Halal style. They make delicious chicken and beef shawarma with exotic spices from the Middle East and the Baklawa is to die for. BONUS - its very reasonable in price - ENJOY!

• Visited July 2014