“Mixed feelings”
Review of Glenerin Inn

Glenerin Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Mississauga B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed here two nights and have very mixed feelings. Firstly I was really looking foward to staying there as I thought it would be a similar experience to the Waterloo hotel in Kitchener but unfortunately not.

The good: the room size is great, very spacious, the bathroom is dated but big and with a nice powerful shower and the bed was very comfortable with nice bed linen, I slept really well as it was very peaceful despite being close to a highway. Staff were friendly and polite if a bit bemused at points.

The bad: it feels run down and needs some investment. When I arrived (4pm) the hallway areas had not been vaccumed and the stairway smelled bad. There were glasses from room service still by the stairs and they were still there the following morning. Most bizzarrely when I asked where I could get breakfast the following day the receptionist/night porter seemed surprised at such a request. He needed to ask a waitress where it was, then it was actually in the reception area!

In summary it is a peaceful place to stay but needs a spruce up and some management. I thought it was overpriced for what you got and what is promised on the website.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RuthyB_1978
Glenerin, General Manager at Glenerin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for your review. I've shared your viewpoints and specific experience with my staff - both the good and the bad, particularly your interaction with our front desk staff. Regarding the hotel environment, we are currently in the process of refurbishing the guest rooms, hallways, and common areas, consistent with a historic building. Thank you, and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

We had never been to The Glen Erin Inn before and decided to try out their Easter Brunch. We live in Etobicoke and usually do holiday brunches at The Old Mill. We were attracted by the price ($34.95 for adults) as well as the idea of a new experience.
It was excellent. We were very impressed. A very good value for the money.
The decor is very nice and updated and the location is beautiful.
It is a smaller version of The Old Mill in Etobicoke, but just as nice!
We will be back again !!!
Our only minor complaint is that they charged an automatic gratuity of 15% even for a party of 2 adults. A rather steep tip for a brunch buffet.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The Glenerin Inn is absolutely a unique beautiful building, from outside and within. My husband and I recently had our marriage there this October 24, 2010. The staff were so pleasant, they made myself and my guests feel at home. The food was superb! The Chef named Roomie did an outstanding job, compliments to the Chef. As well, the Food and Beverage Manager Maurizio. He was in charge of the banquet team. He lead the team and they all performed attentively. This Hotel is highly recommended for those who are seeking a wonderful time, no matter the occasion. Our night at the Inn was very magical and unforgettable. Everything went magnificently phenomenal.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank 1MICHELLEJOY
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed for four daus in the Inn mid september 2010. It's a classic looking gem in modern Mississauga. Toronto's down town is not far and the airport even closer. Also Niagara is not far. The rooms spacious adn rather classic. upstairs the ceilings are a bit low. The beds are comfortavble and the baths and shower good. The rooms are kept very clean and fresh. They also give wonderfull soap. The staff is friendly, helpfull and attentive to your every need. The place specialize in events like weddings. We were also there for a friends wedding. The inn took perfedct care of the event. A wonderfull experience. The food is very, very good and you can see that all the staff are paying attention to what they are doing. A place to go to again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcel dam
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We held a bridal shower in the Grand Sun Room which provided the perfect ambience for the occasion. The tea service was lovely for the price point and the fresh scones with strawberrries and cream were particularly enjoyed by all. The service staff were very friendly and attentive and met all our needs. The room set up was exactly as requested.
The inn overall is a beautiful setting to welcome your guests as they arrive in anticipation of the event.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Plucky60
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were a party of 20 for a birthday event in the dining room. The service was excellent, the food superb and the ambience was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant for dinner for two and equally for a large group. We were treated like royalty.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Brenda2530
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I was looking for a place to hold my mother's 70th birthday party and was looking at Glen Erin Inn because it's such a beautiful venue. After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I as hesitant. i called up the Glen Erin and expressed my concern with the reviews posted and then came to the resturant to have a meal with my mom. The food was very good so we decided to take a chance and book her function.

We reserved the Grand Sun Room. It was beautiful. The room has a real rustic charm. The food was fantastic. We had Lamb, Tenderloin, Salmon and Chicken on our menu and each dish was fantastic. All our guests enjoyed the food.

Matthew was in charge of our party and he was terrific. Very helpful and on the ball. He was always there when I needed him and tended to our every need. if you have a function at the Glen Erin, try to get Matthew if you can.

We had 19 people in our party plus 3 children (to give you a sense of the size).

Faye is who we dealt with to finalize the menu and make all the arrangements. She was very prompt with her responses.

I would hold another function at the Glen Erin and I know my guests were very impressed.

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank tcaruanj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
The Waterside Inn
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Oakville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville

Been to Glenerin Inn? Share your experiences!