All reviewsfull kitchensmall kitchenfree breakfastbedroom suiteextended stayrooms are spacioushome away from homefree parkingindoor poolthe breakfast areamorning breakfastwaffle makershort driveshuttle serviceexcellent hotelhockey tournamentpleasant stay
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Finally getting around to writing about my hotel experience; been rather busy. We have been vacationing in Toronto and the surrounding areas for about 2 decades now, so we are quite familiar with it. This year, we decided to avoid the hustle bustle of Toronto and Opt for a more quieter setting. Toronto is only minutes away as well as the local Walmart/or local markets and a few local restaurants. My husband and I chose this hotel due to the response interaction the management seems to have with the hotel guest that takes the time to respond or rate their hotel experience. Everything was absolutely superb about the hotel except for one thing.....our hotel stay dates were: June 21, thru June 23, 2013. On Monday I made a request for late check out and it was granted. On our last day I was just stepping out of the shower, yet my husband was already dressed, low and behold, in walks the housekeeper without knocking. Although the Do Not Disturb sign was hanging out in perfect view, she seem unaware that the hotel room was occupied. Somehow things got crossed between her and the front desk that we were having a late check out. If a DO NOT Disturb Sign is out, it should be policy to knock several times first beyond entering. Although the management took care of our situation, (thank you-smile) I just wanted to point this out for future reference. I noticed this happen before in another review, never thought it could happen to me. My oh my! Thank goodness I am Not a modest person and my husband thought it was a hoot. Well thank goodness my husband and I were NOT in a compromising situation....if you get my drift??!! The housekeeper did not mean any harm I am sure, and she probably was just as equally embarrassed. Hotel guest, utilize your dead bolts, we forgot to do so that morning!

Room Tip: If you want a more relaxing/quieter experience while perhaps avoiding large families/kids, try: a corner room, room away from elevators or higher floor(s). It most certainly worked for us!!!! (Smile)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

You have to be one of the most understanding guests that I have ever encountered in all my years of hospitality. We are so sorry that this happened and we want to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make it right. We have discussed this with our entire team and we can assure you that we have taken the necessary steps to improve the communication and make sure it doesn't happen again. The fact that you scored us so high is a testament to when things go wrong we have the ability to accept responsibility and "fix it". We feel that it's extremely important to reach out to customers that take the time to give us feedback, positive or negative. You can see that we respond to all reviews and in a timely manner. On behalf of our entire team here we apologize and hope you and your husband visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although an airport hotel this one exceeded our expectations. It is in a remote location, not close to many restaurants (a deli three blocks away), but it has loads of amenities and for a reasonable price.

We were a family of 4 adults and two teens, and we booked the 2 bedroom suite. To our delight, it WAS a two bedroom suite, both bedrooms with locking doors. One bedroom had two double beds, an option to the sofa bed. Each bedroom, and the living room, had large flat screen TVs.

There was a rather large kitchen along with a serviceable table. The fitness room was excellent, it had an indoor pool, and a barbecue area outside for guests. The wi-fi worked well, and the hotel was attractive.

The bathroom arrangement could be improved with six taking showers and the toilet in the same rather small room, but that would require a design change.

Surprisingly, for such a wonderful visit, the bath was short of towels and out of toilet tissue! Both were delivered within minutes of notifying management. The breakfast was excellent, although I think it began later on the weekend which is unusual for an airport hotel with early flights.

Our main disappointment was the airport shuttle. The Travelers Aid at the airport could not find the hotel on their listings, so they called the number on our on-line reservation. It was not the main hotel number, but a cell phone! Evidently it was management since they quickly conveyed the hotel number. When we left the next day for our flight, the desk had arranged the shuttle to come early (we were the only passengers) but this did not happen and we were rushed making our flight. Whether this was the desk over-promising or the driver taking his time was not clear, but it was irritating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words and detailed description of your visit. We are very proud of our 2 bedroom units and our customers are telling us how much they enjoy them. The fitness centre and gas barbecue areas are also getting good use by our customers. We love when we can see the families cooking dinners on the BBQ. The shuttle trouble you had is very unfortunate and I sencerely apologize we did not deliver on this for you. We have contacted the airport and they are aware of our beautiful property but unfortunately they gave you the incorrect information. This will not happen again and thank you for allowing us to rectify it.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dan McIlhone, CHA

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Front desk staff was very helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. In fact, the Housekeeper (3rd Fl) was very pleasant and went out of her way to greet our family every day. Close to the airport (YYZ) but never heard a plane.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello and thank you for the review. I am delighted to see that you were greeted warmly by our room attendant on a daily basis. The associate group has been telling us that they feel our guests are very friendly and I advise them it's a result of the culture in the hotel. A guest a couple of weeks back told me that the minute they walk in the door they can feel that this is a fun place to be. It's important for us to always be on the top of our game when it comes to customer service. We will continue to talk about it each day and try to improve on it. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked an overnight stay and was very pleasantly surprised.We were early checking in but it was no problem whatsoever.Staff were absolutely amazing couldn't do enough to help.Room was spotlessly clean and bedding and towels were immaculate.Only problem was breakfast as there were hordes of badly behaved children taking up all the tables and wasting most of the food(this wasn't the staffs fault just adults allowing their offspring to do what they wanted).we were very impressed with the shuttle service not only to the airport but to a local restaurant as it was too wet to walk.Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor as a lot of cars in parking area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It's alway nice to read that the associates are amazing and did everything they could to make your stay an enjoyable one. The cleanliness of our hotel is something that we all take great pride in and it is showing with comments like yours. Early this year we decided to purchase our own hotel shuttle. It gives us some flexibility to shuttle guests locally when the airport runs are not in use. It's been a huge success for us and thank you for pointing it out. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have spent many nights at this hotel and they always bend over backwards to amke me happy. The other night was Shawn taking me to the store. He is just one of the many great people that make this place a value for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We love the sound of "Oasis" in the business park! Thanks for that delightful description. We are lucky to have a dedicated team here and Shawn has been receiving many reviews on his service skills.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.