While close to the airport, getting there requires some contortions as it's at the crossraods of a major highway and major arteries. The hotel is quite unspectacular is both location and decor although the staff were friendly. Curiously, the reception area is small given the size of the hotel thereby making it somewhat crowded during the check-in/check-out rushes. The shuttle bus was very efficient, running approximately every 20 minutes from early to morning to late evening.
I was on the eighth floor with access to the Concierge lounge on the 9th. The refreshments and food were always plentiful and diverse although the room is poorly arranged for socializing (basically to guest rooms that were "modified" into a lounge). Not that one is going to spend the day there, but it too is a bit cozy with just a few people.
My biggest issue was with the room itself which was badly in need of paint, had bathroom tiles dislodging from the wall, mold around the tub, serious (and mysterious) stains on the desk chair, a poorly functioning air-conditioner, and leftover trash from previous guests (a crumpled wire hanger visible from behind the T.V. and a pair of socks by the night table). However, the bed was very comfortable and there was instantaneous hot water. As usual, a supplement to use the internet ($12.95CA)...when will Hilton management finally make this complimentary as with their discount chains???
Did not eat in the restaurant. Used the modestly equipped exercise room containing a cardio "theater" in a converted racketball court. Saunas available for men and women.
Most of the hotels in this area are pretty non-descript but this one seemed to cater more to convention/seminar crowds thus making it very vanilla for a Hilton. Felt it was overpriced for the product received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites is directly across from Toronto International Airport and minutes away from local attractions, corporate business centres and shopping. We offer a complimentary 24 hour shuttle.Free wireless in all public areas. There is an internet charge in guest rooms. Bliss Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and Bliss Bar is located in the centre of it all offering snack foods, lots of flat screen TVs and contemporary environment. Perfect for those of you flying out to vacation or if you coming into Toronto to do business. We're 30 minutes from downtown and easily accessible to all highway systems. Our fitness centre offers PreCor equipment and free weights.Our pool is closed until spring of 2015. We also offer a squash court! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Hilton Toronto Airport And Suites
- Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport
- Mississauga Hilton
- Hilton Mississauga
- Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites Mississauga, Ontario