I have stayed a few times in previous years at the Hilton Toronto Airport and had to say that the hotel was not up to par when compared to other Hilton properties in North America. Rooms were relatively small, the decor was extremely dated and overall maintenance was a bit of an issue.
It was my first visit since they have renovated one of the towers (South Tower) and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the new decor and the overal room layout. Don't get me wrong - this place won't win the "hotel of the year award" but it was a much needed improvement and for a short stopover/overnight stay it will do the job.
Overall, the rooms was still relatively small but the layout seeked to maximize existing space. For existing, the Sharp Aquos LCD TV was wall-mounted (which is good space wise, but not so good in terms of sound-proofing as you can hear the TV from the adjacent room). The work desk was adequate, the bed very comfortable and the room featured one additional seating area. The bathroom is extremely small with very little spare room to move. An intersting feature is an additional sliding door after the main door and the bathroom area. Not sure if this was done for soundprooding or decor but looked nice.
I did not use the gym during this stay but went downstairs to have a look. The gym and pool area has not been renovated. There is a complete weight room with 12 pieces of cardio equipment (4 bikes, 4 treadmills and I beliebe 4 stairmasters - did not see any cross-trainers/elliptical). The equipment looked somewhat old and is not up to the new Hilton standards (ie: with individual TVs...)
The Executive Lounge is in the non-renovated North Tower. In the morning it features a modest continental breakfast. Nothing to write home about, but nonetheless convenient for a quick breakfast.
Front desk staff told me upon checkout that they would be starting renovation in the North Tower this summer (July)
The hotel features an an-site restaurant and 24 hours room service. It is the 2nd closest hotel to Pearson Airport (The closest is the somewhat superior Sheraton, which is connected to Terminal 3). Within 5-10 minutes (walking or driving) there are a few restaurants that one can go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites is directly across from Toronto International Airport and minutes away from local attractions, corporate business centres and shopping. We offer a complimentary 24 hour shuttle.Free wireless in all public areas. There is an internet charge in guest rooms. Bliss Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and Bliss Bar is located in the centre of it all offering snack foods, lots of flat screen TVs and contemporary environment. Perfect for those of you flying out to vacation or if you coming into Toronto to do business. We're 30 minutes from downtown and easily accessible to all highway systems. Our fitness centre offers PreCor equipment and free weights.Our pool is closed until spring of 2015. We also offer a squash court! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Toronto Airport And Suites
- Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport
- Mississauga Hilton
- Hilton Mississauga
- Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites Mississauga, Ontario