“This Time - Not Great”

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Barrie, Canada
“This Time - Not Great”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've stayed at this Hotel countless times in the past 5 years but this time around I have to say, I am not impressed. I usually have a room in the South tower and the beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is neat and tidy and there is plenty of space to organize your clothes and business items. This is my first time in the North Tower and I should've been suspicious when at check in they said "Oh, we've put you in the junior suite. And here's free water and free WiFi" (there's never free WiFi when I'm in the South Tower). Alas, the 'bed' is a 'murphy bed' and the bathroom is sans bathtub, which isn't a big deal, but the shower is tiny, the toilet is so low, if you're not athletic you're not getting up, and the sink wouldn't drain. There is absolutely no counter space in the bathroom and nowhere to hang a hand towel. I went down to ask for another room and got a blank stare in response. They sent someone up to fix the sink. So in a nutshell, if you're going to stay at this Hilton, insist on a room in the South Tower and do not accept a 'junior' suite. Very disappointing especially when my previous stays have always been pleasant.

Room Tip: Insist on room in South Tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I am very disappointed to hear that your stay consisted of a rather unpleasant surprise regarding your guest room. It seems you were checked into one of our four Murphy Bed rooms during your last stay. These are in no way a true reflection of our North Tower Junior King Suites, which feature a separate livingroom and bedroom area. It's unfortunate that our front desk agent did not explain to you that due to business levels that evening, we only had Murphy bed room types left to sell - at least then you would have not had the misconception of what our North Tower rooms look like.

My apologies and I certainly understand your disappointment. I have communicated this to our front office manager so she can follow up with agents to further explain to customers about the guest room they are being checked into is important - especially when it is not one of our standard rooms. We would like to make this up to you during your next stay with us. Your business is important to us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the airport. Checkin was efficient and the room was very nice. While staying at this hotel on an overnight trip to Toronto, I left my toiletry bag in the room upon departure. The housekeeping staff were incredibly responsive and arranged to ship it to me the following day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and that you enjoyed our hotel. We look foward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Hotel is well located for the airport and met all our expectations for an overnight stay. It has been refurbished and feels very contemporary. Beds are superbly comfortably with nice cotton bedlinen and good pillows. Coffee was available in the lobby before catching the complimentary shuttle bus to the terminal early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several times as well as homewood suites on Eglinton Ave W and Hilton Toronto downtown. This hotel represents a middle ground between those two price-wise.

All of my stays at this hotel were great in every respect. However, this hotel is a bit more expensive than Homewood Suites on Eglinton and parking costs money vs free at Homewood Suites. On my personal stays in Toronto I enjoy staying at this hotel for a night or so but for a longer stay it's hard to justify this Hilton vs Homewood suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It's good to hear that you enjoy your stays with the Hilton brand - while Homewood Suites and Hilton are two different hotel experiences at two different price points - it is good to know that you have great stays with us. We look foward to welcoming you back the next time you're flying out of Toronto.

Thank you for your feedback - and for your business. It is really appreciated.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our plane left early in the morning, and we had a relaxing dinner, evening, and good night's sleep. We used the valet parking for our car for the duration of our vacation. When we got back after our trip, we had no trouble finding our way to the shuttle pick-up point, and it was easy to pick up the car to go home. Made for a relaxing beginning and ending for the trip -- I would do this again for an early-morning flight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
So happy you had a relaxing dinner and evening with us and hope your vacation was a good one. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Gloucester
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here to attend a conference. Conference facilities were good. Food served at conference was satisfactory. My room and parking were covered by the conference, thank goodness. I stayed an extra night on my own tab to visit with family. Room rate was decent. However, I ordered lunch, dinner, and hung out in the lounge with my guests, and let me tell you it cost me a small fortune. Food was overpriced, and yet the quality quite frankly was terrible. Dinner alone was far more than the cost of the room itself. Drinks at the lounge were ridiculous; ie., over $8 for domestic draft?? One day stay cost me $400. Unreal. Lesson learned, next time in this area for business, leave and go else where after business is conducted.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that your conference experience was a great one but sorry that your additional day with us was disappointing to you. Normally we receive great comments on the food in our restaurant and have brought your comments to the attention of Chef.

Thank you for your feedback and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hilton is far less expensive than the airport Sheraton. There is a frequent shuttle that makes up for the off-terminal location. Rooms are a great size and updated. The hilton staff are very good and will remember you if you are a frequent traveller. Free peeks like wifi or movies & popcorn are appreciated. I'd always stay here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and your loyalty. It is appreciated.