“Average Hotel Experience”

Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton the night before we left on a week's vacation. The rate included parking and shuttle to and from the airport which was pretty good value.

We stayed in the North Tower and recommend you ask for a room in the south tower. They are much nicer there. We had no hot water a 2am for our showers - not good! The bed was very uncomfortable and the carpets did not seem clean.

We had dinner in the restaurant. Food was good and the service excellent! However, next time we will go out for something less expensive.

If you just want a good rate on parking and convenient shuttle, it is worth it. Steer clear of North Tower and seek out less expensive eats!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Glad you took avantage of our sleep and fly rate. Our north tower rooms are different from our south tower rooms and they were actually renovated after the south tower rooms. They look different as they are suites and have an entirely different layout than the south tower standard rooms.

My apologies on your poor nights' sleep. It is very unusual for us to get this type of feeback as most of our guest comments rave about the great nights sleep they get - I will email you personally to see which room you were in so I can have our executive housekeeper and facilties manager review the room, and if necessary replace the bedding and ensure the shower and carpeting is up to standard.

Thank you for your feedback, it only makes us better! We hope you will provide us another opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been there on training, the food and hospitality service is fine. All be it, I was constantly focusing on studying and attending events. Staff is nice, and made my stay easy. Food no complaints. Area blah! borring although the people i was with was fun! Restaurant acces was ok, atleast staff was very helpful in that are as to where to go.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We look forwarding to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is vey nice and clean and the support staff from doorman to house keeping was excellent. The front desk reception ranged from not very inviting to cool in their dealings. You pay extra for parking as you stay which was not a positive.
This was a father son getaway. I would go back again, but would check out other hotels in the area first.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay overall - but disappointed you found our front desk agents less than inviting. This will be addressed at their next daily meeting. Sometimes we forget how body language and a smile can make all the difference! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We do charge for parking and our rates are competitive with the other hotels in the area. We do have packages that include parking and other value adds so perhaps this would be a great option when you choose to return to the airport. Take a look at our Stay your Way Package on our website as an example.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Just a couple blocks from the airport and a very convenient shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. The room was nice and modern, very clean. The Restaraunt was good but over priced but the food was very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bob W

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

WAY too much noise. You cannot hear planes, but you can hear every conversation in the hallway. At one point in the night I could hear someone go out of their room to tell people in the hallway to shut up. It was clearly an issue for many on the floor. Even with the barrier closed between your room and the bathroom, you can still hear every conversation. For a four star hotel you want to believe you can have a restful sleep.

Even though the room and hotel was attractive and comfortable I would not stay here again until they fix this problem. I rather have a hotel room with a less updated decor, and more updated function.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lontario1234

Thank you for your feedback - and my apologies on the noise issue you suffered this past weekend. We did have some guest complaints that our managers tried their best to contain, (parties in a couple of the guest rooms); however it seems they got the best of us.

We do have in our capital plan the replacement of guest room doors as we continually update and refresh our hotel. Until then , all our guests have our commitment that we will do everything we can to manage the excessive noise issues that arise from time to time.

We hope you give us another opportunity the next time in you need a hotel near the airport so you can enjoy a more typical restful experieince. Again, thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times with work.

The hotel is nice and close to Toronto Pearson airport. It's less than a 5 min drive.

The rooms have those super comfy Hilton beds so that's a plus.

Some of the rooms are suites. They are very nice. Have a living room/wet bar and a separate bedroom.

Other rooms are very standard BUT some of their rooms have a different layout. They have 2 beds back to back. (Not next to each other like other hotels). Not sure as to why this is (I've heard Rumors it's for certain airlines that have crew members share rooms) but nevertheless it's odd. It makes the room smaller and harder to move around. There is very little space on either side of the beds. There is also a TV located at the end of either bed.

The restaurant is nice (a bit pricey) but there are a lot of restaurants within a 10 mins walk)

Overall- it's a nice hotel and the beds are amazing. Just make sure not to get a beds/back-to-back room!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Canadawj

Glad to hear you are a frequent guest - and hope you are a member of our HHonors Loyalty Program where you earn points or air miles for each stay that can eventually add up to free vacations! if you are not, please ask our front desk upon your next check in.

You are referring to our queen back to back rooms. We do get mixed reactions to the rooms - some love and some not so much, so we are in the process of converting these rooms into the traditional side by side layout and this conversion is ongoing. The next time you require a two bedded room, please ask our front desk about our newly redesigned double rooms.

We look foward to seeing you again. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The pros first: the room was spotlessly clean and a decent size. Though I did not face the airport, the windows were nice and large to allow natural light to filter in. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure and temperature was fine as well. The front desk staff did eventually resolve an issue but it too some prompting that I will mention below. The shuttle was on time which was important as I had an early morning flight which is why I stayed out by the airport in the first place.

Some cons: though I was in what appeared to be a newly remodeled section of the hotel, the one thing I think that was not taken into consideration was actually putting a bit of sound proofing between rooms. There was no issue from the planes landing or anything from the exterior of the hotel: it was all inside; every person's conversation, shower, bathroom activities and TV was as clear in my room as the rooms next to mine from where the sounds originated. The room that I was in had a nice sliding door to create an extra barrier between the bed area and the main room entrance but still that was not enough to block out the noise from the hallway. Normally, I use the heat on a low setting for white noise but in this room when the heat cut in it was like having a plane take off every ten-fifteen minutes so I had to opt for turning it off completely.

The other situation I encountered surrounded the internet. This room offered both wired and wireless internet. I am not a computer expert but in past travel experiences I have often found that wired worked better so I chose this option, paid for it with my credit card but it was not functioning properly. I called zero and explained my situation and the lady was so confused--all she kept telling me was that I should have billed to my room--no help for me on fixing it! I ended up going to the front desk and the clerk there told me that the wireless was the better option, for me to do that and then he would put a note to my file stating that the charge should not be billed to me.

The next morning when I checked out, I cannot admit I was surprised, the new clerk wanted to bill me for the wireless internet charge. This meant then that I had to explain everything from the day before and then inquire as to why the so called "note to file" was not there as promised. He could not explain but so far he did live up to his word of not double billing me---it has not shown up on my credit card statement yet.

Though close to the airport and with the housekeeping staff doing an impressive job with cleaning the rooms, because of the lack of insulation between rooms, I don't think I would choose to stay here again especially as there are many others in this area where I have stayed before with no noise issues. If, however, you can sleep through anything, then with its modern decor, this could be a place for you.

Room Tip: Not sure where a good one would be here, plus, walking 5 mins turning left leaving the hotel will gi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TorontoRobDT
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Please accept my apologies with regards to the confusion of your internet charge, this has been addressed with our front office to ensure that our agents are recording their conversations with guests in their reservation profiles so that the following shift clearly understands any issues that may have previously arisen. I am glad to know that it was resolved.

As for the noise in your guestroom, your feedback is appreciated and we are speaking with our facility managers to see what small things we can do to reduce the inside noise element until the hotel replaces the guest room doors (this is scheduled in our capital revitalize plan for this year).

Again, thank you for your feedback. It only makes us better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
#3 of 61 in Mississauga
Westin Toronto Airport
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto

Been to Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites? Share your experiences!