“Clean but old”

Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We have recently stayed here close to the airport for an early morning flight. The main lobby is amazing. iMacs to use and restaurant. Unfortunately the rooms are pretty outdated. Our door had to be lifted up to close and the walls were pretty gross looking. The beds were ok and I wasn't find of the pocket door to the washroom. It made privacy an issue for the family. All in all I personally won't come back due to the style itself. I'm not a big Hilton fan to begin with.

• Stayed: March 2013
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies regarding your disappointment with your room. Our guest rooms were renovated in 2008 and our photos are an accurate reflection of what they look like. We would love to know which room you stayed in so we can go in and inspect it, and if necessary, get it up to standard. I will email you privately to get this information so we may take action.

We hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back so you may enjoy what our actual guest room quality is.

Have a wonderful Easter Weekend.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites

Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of the great mysteries to me, as a fellow who travels routinely to small towns for business, is how small town chains like Super 8, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and the like can offer free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast, while the fancier places that charge more per night add additional charges for those things.

This hotel is no different. The fancy marble lobby makes it OK to charge too much, and tack on the extras that other hotels give for free. I found myself looking wistfully out my window at the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn and Suites, both Hilton properties nearby, and both of which I assumed had free wifi in the rooms and free breakfast.

The room was clean, and looked exactly like the professional picture above. The bathroom had seen better days. There were marks on the walls, rust on the hinges, and a chipped toilet. The noise from the hallway came in under the huge gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.

I woke up with a headache in the middle of the night, and went down to the lobby to see if they had anything. The store was closed, and the guy at the desk couldn't tell me if there might be vending machines with that kind of thing in it. Not wanting to check the machines on every floor, I just went back to bed.

The shower in my room wouldn't stay on. It kept clicking off and back to the tub rather than the shower head. When I did manage to get it to stay on the shower head, it was cold. Not having sufficient hot water in the morning for a hotel is unacceptable. Maybe that was an extra I should have paid for.

Room Tip: Next time, I'll ask them if they have one with hot water.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

John, thank you for your comments regarding the state of your room and as a result of your feedback the guestroom has been taken out of our inventory until it is up to our typical standards.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our private email and that you are satisfied with our follow-up. We hope you provide us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our third stay at the Airport Hilton. As always, it was clean, quiet, and convenient. The room was ready for us when we got there, and check in and check out was smooth and easy.

We asked for a room with a view of the airport and got one - a great time filler for the kids! The parking was easy! We had booked for the park and stay - which ended up saving us money - never a bad thing!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and glad you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed there as I hada morning flight back to the US the next morning. Although the bus was slow to pick me up, I liked the Staff and how they were friendly. I went to the lounge on the top floor as a Diamond member and the guy working the room was very nice. Great peppers and fruits to go with a Labatts. The breakfast the next day was good, as was the shuttle. I liked how the people were friendly. Had a Keith's in the bar and some good food as I got in there late. I liked my stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Glad you enjoy our hotel and that our team members make you feel welcome! Your comments have been shared with the team - it always makes their day. Thank you.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I normally would not bother to write a review for a hotel that is kind of there for 'convenience' (i.e. due to proximity to international airport), but actually for my 1 night stay, I thought that it was worth mentioning the staff at the hotel.
I found (was surprised) that the staff consistently said hello, in the hallways, elevators, etc., with big smiles on their faces. I guess one just does not expect this in today's world. However, it was a very pleasant add-on to the stay.
The check-in and out were very quick, with staff asking if you needed assistance with bags, etc.
Yes it is right beside the airport - and actually no, you cannot hear the planes, but the side of the hotel I was on faced the airport, and it was kind of fun to watch a few of the big planes take off, right through your window.
I thought the lobby and general areas of the hotel were shiny, neat and tidy. It looked very well kept.
Probably the only one single item I would comment on is that the door to the actual hotel room was no very soundproof, and you could easily hear anything in the hallway - people talking, walking etc. However it didn't bother me at all, and was quiet when it was time to sleep.
The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows and room as a whole.

I enjoyed my experience and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We have shared your comments with our team and needless to say, you certainly made their day! Thank you for your kind comments - and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, lots of good resturants around and close to the airport and shopping. By the way you can not hear the planes overhead.

I was lead to beleive this was a 4 star hotel I guess that a 4 star in Canada is not the same as in Europe. I would give this hotel a 3. The rooms are basic, clean but nothing fantastic.

Also, if this not on a web site they do charge for parking, when you check in and consider this an amentity. The price is reasonable for TO but the customer should know about it before arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay near Toronto Airport. We do state our parking charges on our website and other travel websites that feature our property, but obviously need to make it more prominent for viewers and will address this issue quickly.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Again, thank you.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Recently spent two nights at Hilton Airport Hotel in Toronto Trip did not start great as we were delayed and landed in Toronto after 1 am. The Hilton has a shuttle bus and it is scheduled to drive through the airport every 20 minutes. Of course it always seems like more than 20 minutes but after about 10 minutes the shuttle bus showed up, unfortunately he did not stop. I called the hotel and explained what had happened and they said they would sent the shuttle back right away. Right away turned out to be the regular scheduled route, another 20 minute wait. When I got to e hotel I was given an upgrade and received a very nice room. The bed was comfortable, shower had hot water, and the room was quiet. I did use the health club and it was well equipped, 4 treadmills, 3 eclipticals and a universal plus free weights. It was cold so I did not try the outdoor pool, however it would be nice on a warm day. Shuttle bus issue started my stay in a bad way, however, the Hilton recovered and turned my stay into an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

My apologies for the poor experience you had with our shuttle bus - it's not a typical complaint we receive as ours is one of the better services provided in the area since it is exclusive to the hotel and runs every 20 minutes 24 hours a day. However, I am happy to know that our team was able to turn this negative arrival into an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport
#3 of 60 in Mississauga
Westin Toronto Airport
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto

Been to Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites? Share your experiences!