“Great stay - Nice room,”

Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had to pick my husband up late and we decided instead of driving back home we'd spend the night at the airport. Great choice. We got a great deal on bookings.com and paid 90 bucks a night. The room was clean, fresh and new. Nothing to complain about. We already new about the 16 bucks a night for parking which is to be expected, and we got such a great rate. The room had a very comfortable king size bed and everything in the room worked. The shower was clean and bright.
No complaints.

Room Tip: Parking was 16 bucks extra. Bring your bathing suit, the pool looked really great, half inside half...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Since I prefer to fly out of Toronto (yes Toronto) because of the availability of direct flights, I had hoped this Hilton would become my new "stopover" hotel. While check-in was relatively quick, the high speed internet was helpful and the free parking (up to 14 nights) was great, our room in the North Tower was just average. Access to the hotel from Hwy 409 was a bit confusing as you have to enter from an almost hidden rear street entrance. The parking lot was well worn and the rear entrance less than welcoming. Our 6th floor room was a comfortable size but the carpeting, paint and overall appearance was past it's prime. The ice machine on our floor appeared to have been broken for a long time too. Additionally, the shower stall was quirky as the controls were at the opposite end of the shower head and there was an immobile partial shower door which, by it's design, couldn't possibly work satisfactorily. Of note, the onsite restaurant, had a great variety of items and we enjoyed a nice meal with good service. And finally, the best part of the hotel was the airport shuttle service which departed the hotel and various terminals every 20 minutes-excellent!

Room Tip: I suspect the South Tower with newer, refurbished rooms would be much more satisfactory than the Nor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Glad you took advantage of our Park Stay and Fly package but I am disappointed that your room was not to your satisfaction. It seems you were put into one of the few unrenovated rooms that we have in the North Tower - regarding the ice machine - I did have maintenance check it out and it is fully operational now so thank you for letting us know.

Your comments about our restaurant are appreciated and that you enjoyed the food and the service. Thank you.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my first trip to Canada. Being a loyal HHonor member I have dedicated to stay with Hilton. This property lives up to Hilton's brand.

I arrived around 6 PM on a cold and rainy evening. Upon check in I was greeted promptly. Although there were no dedicated HHonors check in line, but the over all process was very fast and pain-free. Before I could put my ID and card back in my wallet, the front desk staff has already presented me my room key and a Gold status perk package. I think so far this has been the fastest check in at any Hilton properties I stayed at. Oh and free snack apples for grab too! What a nice touch.

The lobby is spacious with modern design. However it could use a bit more lights. The overall color, mainly because of the light fixture they use, is very yellowish and somewhat dark. They could brighten up with some whiter color lights, otherwise it kind of give that old and "moldy" look and feeling to it.

The room was the reason why I could not give a 5-star rating.

Let me explain. As soon as you get out of the elevator, the hall way is somewhat narrow. Again with the yellow-tinted lights and somewhat funky looking color schemes, the whole hallway makes you feel somewhat uncomfortable.

I stayed in one of the Executive Suites up in the higher floors in the North Tower. The room is clean, however it could use more lights in there. Certain fixtures needs a repair and replacement for sure. The amenities provided are at par, not exceeding the average among the competitors.

The bed is very comfortable. The comforters and pillows are fresh and clean. The bathroom provided the biggest contrast compare to the rest of the room. It's updated with newer fixtures. The shower could use a bit more pressure though! But that could be a personal preferences.

The staff overall are very, VERY friendly. I met one of the security guards out back as I was walking towards my car in the self-parking lot. She asked me if she can provide me with any assistants. To my surprisingly she gave me in details how to get to the CN tower and where to park. Everybody in the hotel from the housekeepers to the waiters in the Bliss are very friendly and nice. Always ready to assist.

Now to the Bliss restaurant. What a treat! The breakfast buffet in the Bliss is actually ABOVE par of most of the Hilton properties! It's bright, spacious and the food... amazing. The staff are just like the rest of the staff in the property, prompt, fast, friendly and very nice.

I have to give kudos to the convenience store located between the lobby and the North tower. They are open until MIDNIGHT! Well stocked and reasonably priced, it's great to pick up some stuff where TSA (if you are coming from the States) won't let you bring onto a plane.

Over all the Hilton at the Toronto Airport has exceeded yet at the same time need to work on different parts of the property. If you want convenience to the airport, this should be your first pick. Also remember loyalty pays! As a HHonor member I would stay at this property again, given they listen to my advise about the lighting and room care above.

P.S. I love Canada

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Wow - thank you so much for all the kind feedback you provided in your review. We are delighted that you enjoy our hotel and restaurant and look forward to welcoming you back soon! I have shared your comments with the team and it really makes our day!

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I never expect much from a hotel near an airport...but Hilton lives up to it's brand at this location. Not sure how old the hotel is - but the entrance area and restaurant are contemporay and appealing... this carries over into the room. I was upgraded (always nice), and had a very large room with a couch, 2TV;s work-area comfy bed, and a very nice bathroom. There's an outdoor pool, which looks quite nice but being October just a little too cool to go in. Also tried out the restaurant "Bliss"....it's a bit expensive, (expect this is because you have to drive to go anywhere else) but the food and service were both good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TammyLB, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have stayed at this Hilton hotel on previous occasions when flying out of Pearson airport, because we can count on a clean room with nice amenities and a very comfortable bed. The hotel still offers all of this, and I must mention the very helpful and friendly shuttle bus driver.
On our most recent visit, we arrived at about midnight after an overseas flight. Check-in was efficient, and I was waiting in the lobby for about 10 minutes while my husband stowed some excess luggage in our car. Throughout this time two young, provocatively-dressed women in stilettos were strolling back and forth between the front desk area and the elevators, repeatedly checking their appearance in the mirrored wall, and obviously cruising for business! While the front desk staff seemed to take no notice of the situation, the other hotel guests passing through the lobby were clearly shocked/surprised/in disbelief that such activity would be occurring in such an obvious manner. I am sure the young boys' hockey team wandering about also got an eyeful! If management is going to turn a blind eye to this, might I suggest they ask these "ladies" to remain in the bar area and stay out of the lobby?
In summary, while the park and fly deal was good value, I think that the next time I need to use an airport hotel I will try to find one with a lower sleaze factor.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank archar
AndyLoges, General Manager at Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Your comments have been shared with the entire management team and I extend my apologies that you witnessed this type of disturbing scene. It has been communicated that all team members working in public areas be aware of their surroundings to ensure they can take appropriate action. Please do not believe that this type of activity is a reflection of our hotel. We do not condone nor tolerate it. Period. We value our reputation and professionalism as our clientelle will accept nothing less.

Thank you for providing this feedback. We take it very seriously.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spent a single night at this hotel before an early morning flight. I do this an awful lot so there is not always a lot that stands out or that distinguishes a hotel, but the Hilton Toronto airport staff does stand out. Room was fine, shuttle service is efficient. Check-in process is quick. What can I say!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your gracious comments about our staff. We will share these with our team members as they find this type of feedback inspiring and work even harder to ensure every guest feels welcome, respected and cared for,

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very nice stay at this hotel. Resturant was great and rooms very nice and clean. This is a airport hotel so all the services are available and it is close to every major Toronto attractions. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed our restaurant and your stay. Next time you are with us you will have to check out our new fall menu that pays tribute to all things Italian! It's been received well from our guests. Until then, safe travels.