We were in the area for a mountain biking function so needed to be west of TO. Did my internet shopping around and Four Points Sheraton appeared to be the best deal. Would like to point out that I took advantage of the online "pay regular rate 1st night and get 2nd night half price" and, for a total of $152 for two nights, can hardly complain, although nothing was spectacular, nothing was horrible either. Check-in was somewhat nightmarish as the front desk guy's english was rather poor and, as a result, came across as quite aloof and impersonal. We requested a ground floor room and was told none was available and we were on the second floor. Fine. After my family had went upstairs with all our gear, front desk guy chased me down the hall complaining that I didn't tell him about our tiny dog (even though I commented this info on the online reservation form.) Suddenly, a first floor room became available (with the added inconvenience of having to haul our stuff back downstairs). As we neared our first floor room, once again I was chased down the hall by said dude mumbling something about "wrong card" as he abruptly snatched my key cards from my grasp and raced back to the desk to reprogram. Basic social skills sorely lacking here.
No real complaints about the room, it was clean with lots of towels, pillows and blankets. The Four Points bed I will admit were rather comfy! Hi speed internet hookup a breeze with our three laptops. A small refrigerator and microwave were handy. Little things were lacking ie) ran out of toilet paper and shampoo and had to go up two flights to get ice.
The pool was freezing cold and the hot tub lukewarm. No poolside towels was a real drag and the fitness area was well equipped but very small - although they tried to fool ya with mirrored walls. Didn't try the restaurant but noticed a "business area" near the front lobby where one can use a computer, printer, photocopier.
Yes, this hotel is in an industrial area and you can't really walk anywhere but all the amenities are minutes away from shopping, restaurants and movie theatre. I wouldn't suggest staying here if your business/leisure takes you to TO as there are MANY hotels closer to the city, but if you need to be west (Mississauga, Milton, Halton Hills) then this place is fine. My biggest complaint is that there was a lot of noise late into the night with people coming and going, but maybe this isn't an issue on the higher floors (we were near the back door which was convenient for us due to the bikes and gear).
That being said, I'm satisfied with my stay and would recommend this hotel and possibly stay again ONLY because of the bargain I found. At full price rates, I would have expected FAR better service and attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale has 7,400 square feet of event space, perfect for meetings, weddings, and other business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale
- Four Points By Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale Hotel Mississauga
- Four Points Mississauga Meadowvale
- Mississauga Sheraton
- Mississauga Four Points
- Four Points By Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale Ontario