“Friendly and Comfortable”

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Durham, North Carolina
“Friendly and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I enjoyed my two nights here mainly because the bed was among the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel. The room was clean and modern. The front desk clerks were always helpful and friendly.

A couple of negatives - the floor lamp had a burned out bulb, the shuttle to nearby businesses only operates in very small time frames, and the restaurant prices seemed very high for what you got. Also, the cable here had far fewer choices than the Delta right down the street.

But that bed...ahhh!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Macclesfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights. On arrival I couldn't get the lights in my room to work, and thought it was due to not finding the right switch / jetlag. Turned out the room had been left with all the lights unplugged, so not really set up right for a new guest. Fortunately that was the only fault for the week. Reception staff were helpful, breakfast staff were chatty and friendly and I made good use of the free shuttle to the office just along the road. I would stay here again on my next business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind review. I apologize for the bedside lights being unplugged. I will pass on your comments to all our associates. Its very motivating to know we met your expectations over a week long stay. We hope you will let us welcome your back on your next visit to the area.

Victoria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

As I preferentially stay at Starwood properties (life time Gold, etc) I sometimes come face to face with the downside of the franchise system operating in the background of the Four Points By Sheraton properties. The challenge with franchises is maintaining a consistent offering for your most valued guests. Not only did this property not recognize me as a Starwood Platinum member in a proactive fashion, even after I introduced myself as such they placed me in a room that, to my complete surprise, had such a cramped, run down bathroom that did not even have a toilet paper holder anywhere in sight! Instead, just a loose roll sitting atop the back of the toilet. I had to do a double take and ask myself if I was in a third world country but no....I am here in Mississaguag!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There is a lovely Holiday Inn next door. This one is dated in more ways than...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi Kirbowla,

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to give all our guests a WOW experience, unfortunately, in your case we did not. I did look into your concerns and understand that you did get a room change. All our rooms have been designed with the toilet roll holder under the vanity with the spare rolls on the vanity shelf. The roll over the tank was an oversight on our part and we sincerely apologize. I hope you would stay with us on your next visit and give us an opportunity to show you our service committment.

vancouver, bc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at holiday inn across the street last time in town and thought u would book a Sheraton hotel instead this time - thinking of what the name "Sheraton" represents - wow. If I was ms. sheraton I would be embarrassed.

The bad: Plastic cups and sub par coffee. Poor cleaning - which is enough to turn me off of returning right there. But it gets worse. The windows - which are covered in a thick grime where they think you won't look - or can't see - or they can't reach? - DO NOT OPEN!

Which wouldn't be that bad if the ventilation for the room didn't consist of greasy kitchen smelling exhaust. I either had to suffocate or turn on the fan and breathe with my mouth open. Horrible sleeps!!!!

Check out the pictures attached and make your own decision.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I apologize for the inconvenience during your visit to our hotel. We strive to meet and exceed our guest's expectations, unfortunately, in your case we did not. I will share your comments with all our housekeeping associates and ensure we do better. I hope you would give us an opportunity to welcome you on your next visit.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton to attend a series of all day business presentation. The meetings took place at the hotel, so there was no options for my choice where to stay.

The hotel appears to fairly recently renovated, but still has many of the older 70's style hotel attributes. While the overall look of the hotel and rooms appears good, as I got into the details I was quite disappointed.

Check in was efficient and the staff were reasonably friendly throughout my stay. I did not eat in the restaurant on site, but the meetings were catered by the hotel and the food seemed reasonably good.

My main issues revolved around my room. It's slightly smaller than average, and a contradiction in many things. It did have a modern flat screen tv, and a nice large work desk area with outlets, and free wifi.

There was a horrible couch by the window, which looked like 3 pieces of plywood stuck together with a thin mattress on top. It was stained, smelly, very uncomfortable, and the position made it very hard to use, and impossible to watch tv from. it really looked like a cheap after thought.

The bathroom was cramped particularly at the toilet where you could not sit without touching the shower stall. the lighting was very dim, 2 tiny mirror lights, and a small overhead light. It took an average of 4 minutes to get hot water each time I tried.

The beds where ok, but were essentially roll away beds on wheels. The would move if you got into them at the wrong angle.

The heating/cooling is the old style external mount unit, and would blow in your face if you slept in the bed closest to it. The temperature control had a hard time staying consistent. it either stayed on all the time, or never came on.

Overall, the room quality was much less than I would give it based on initial look. As there are a number of options in the area with much newer hotel, I can't really recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We have changed the couch in all our rooms. Lights have been changed to energy efficient with a higher lumen value. I hope you would try us again on your next visit and experience the changes.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was a last minute Valentine's Day getaway - I know, super romantic. However, we were pleasantly surprised! For the rate, it was an exceptional value. We had room 225 and the room was well appointed, modern and most importantly, clean. The room had a nice queen sized bed, a mini fridge, a microwave and a day bed/couch. The linens were all clean, and I did not feel totally disgusting walking around barefoot. A word of warming, for those who like firm beds I found the bed to be too soft.

This is the second Four Points I have been to (one in Niagara) and I have to say, that for the Four Points you can always count on free wifi, free water, cleanliness, adequate staff and a comfortable stay. Nothing out of the ordinary but for the price, it's great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks you. At Four Points we ensure we meet our guest's expectations and add value such as free wi-fi, parking, mini fridge and microwave.
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was in town in a business trip, and this hotel was chosen by our corporation. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's clean, quiet, close to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The room was modern and very clean. Room has a mini fridge and a microwave. The staff was great, particularly Dan (at Reception) who is an example of customer service. The rate includes free WiFi, free bottle of water, free parking. The Business Centre is very handy. Didn't try the restaurant, but looked decent. If in the area again, I won't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I have personally passed your comments to Dan at our front desk. Our hotel does have advantages as we include ammenities such as wi-fi, parking, mini fridge, microwave in our rate. This makes it easier for our guests as there are no hidden costs.