“Business Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Colmar, France
“Business Hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an hotel hosting mostly business travelers, located in the industriam area.
If you want to go to Toronto downtown, expect 1 hr or more by car, especially during rush hours.

Nothing is special, whether bad nor good in the rooms. The offering of the breakfast is very limited

Room Tip: The rooms located on the rear side of the building are more protected from the noise of the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed 3 nights in this hotel on business. It is a relatively new hotel. The place where our business took place was quite close ( less than 5 min. away), so it was very convenient. You do need a car to get around.

I was disappointed in that I expected more from a Sheraton Hotel. We had only plastic cups in the washroom and no shower cap, mouth wash etc. The shower curtain had a bit of a funny smell. The towels were placed near the floor on a rack and close to the toilet bowl which was a bit disturbling. Temperature control in the room was however, quite modern and efficient. Other amenities worth mentioning were free parking and free WIFI Internet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, As we are in a business park, we do get a lot of business travelers. Your suggestions have been noted and changes will be made wherever possible. We have changed to disposable glasses at the request of our guests, however, we do provided glassware on request.
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I hadn't stayed at this hotel several times many years ago shortly after it had been renovated. This time around I stayed with my daughter a Saturday and Sunday night, I found that although our room was clean and the bed very comfortable the common areas were very dirty. Outside our floor elevator was dirty when we arrived in the afternoon Saturday and was simply not cleaned at all by the time we left Monday. The pool area was also unclean in areas and the pool itself seemed not to be filtering out stuff in the water. Monday before we left our last trip to the pool included finding gum in the pool. I typically stay at starwood member hotels because of the attention to detail - in this case I was unpleasantly surprised that common areas were being neglected for days on end. Kind of left me feeling gross, certainly will look to another location the next time I'm in that part of the Province.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We have revised our procedures in relation to public / common areas. I'm confident you will notice a difference on your next visit.
Hanover, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at the Four Points for a girls shopping weekend. We upgraded to the Executive Suite - well worth it! The room was clean, spacious and well laid out, no traffic noises. The bathroom was HUGE! The elevators were quick, plenty of parking, receptions staff were helpful, efficient and pleasant. Just a few little issues that we noticed but didn't feel that the front desk needed to hurry up to fix it. There were only 3 towels in the room - we made it work, there was only one robe, not two - (waffle weave) (was supposed to be terry) No bathmat - that was an issue as the shower (even though it was fabulous) leaked onto the floor in the bathroom. The in room tea/coffee was not replenished. I'm quite sure a quick call to the front desk and they would have rectified it immediately - in hindsight I wish we had called. Perhaps they could let housekeeping know what is expected in the upgraded rooms as per their web site. All in all I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Fifth floor ice machine was VERY loud - try not to get a room near the elevator/ice machine area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawn2522
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your response and feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will use our hotel again.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

At the check-in we were told the room will be quite as we are 2 parents with 2 toddlers, but the room 501 was very noisy bcoz it is sharing the wall with ice & vending machines. We did have a good sleep, very annoying.
The coffee machine was dirty & had long hair on the tray. The bed sheet had a yellow spot. The room was very dusty, the room corners were not vacuumed & under the beds. The shower head was leaking & pressure was low.

Upon c/in we were given the full buffet breakfast voucher, however when we went for breakfast it was not a buffet, was just continental breakfast. I informed the GSA Sarra she said it should be a buffet, but after double checking with the restaurant they told her on Saturdays no buffet breakfast!!!
Upon check out we were not asked how was your stay, so my feedback I am giving in it now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your visit. We will use your feedback during our employee coaching sessions. Please let me know when you will be in the area again and we will be happy to offer you upgrades and ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This location tends to draw the business crowd as it's located in a business district and close to many large companies. Pretty decent place, comfortable stay, and good location. Hotel amenities are the usual and good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denzil M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Skydog,

Thanks for your comments. You are right, we are located in the business area and we do very well with business travellers. However, we are not too far from downtown Toronto and we offer attractive competitive prices on weekends.

Denzil
Shanghai China
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining because I didn't get fluffy pillows or whatever. This place, that night, was awful.. the noise from a party on my floor and the lack of response or compensation by the hotel.... just upset me...and it makes all the other little things just as annoying.. so here you go.

One it was completely sold out.. but it was 175 a night with a corporate rate! Nonsense. There was an ongoing party of noise and screaming and floor stomping. I called the desk....they called the room, but nothing changed. They could not move me to another room but also didn't do anything to compensate this nonsense.. That's just bad business. I almost feel you have to scream and yell yourself to get compensated for the noise.. and first thing in the morning.. I don't want to bother getting upset when the check out guy says " well sorry, there's nothing I can do" BS

I had just stayed in the delta next door 1 week earlier. It was much better in terms of room quality and 150 a night (corporate rate). The room was dated.. bed sheets not big white and fluffy (like the Delta was). No decent drinking glasses or coffee mugs. Not that I saw. Just plastic cups that if you squeeze even a little the water comes out.. what a joke.. for 175 a night!

The bartender was over worked and understaffed.. so getting her visual attention was hard...but she drove me crazy calling everybody honey.. "Heres your dinner Honey.. wanna'nother beer honey " Don't call me Honey.. just serve the food and drinks "Honey"

two good things.. food was great! and Internet was fast

Room Tip: Many restaurants and a Tim Horton's (Breakfast) very close off of Mississauga rd.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Shanghai Canuck,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered on your last stay with us. I will address your concerns with our front office team and if required, enhance our problem resolution procedures.

Please let me know when you will be in the area next and I would welcome the opportunity to show you our committment to service delivery.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will try us again.

Denzil Miranda