Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
$124
GardenInn.com
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$126
$212
$194
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$113
$98
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Toronto Airport Hotel(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$93
$82
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport(Mississauga)(Great Value!)
$77
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfour pointsclose to the airportfree parkingreturn shuttlefront desk staffbusiness staytim hortonsshuttle servicenice roomcomfortable staybed was very comfortablepearson airportwake up callshuttle buspark and flyayubdixie
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stay at this Four Points in early December. I was looking for a cheap room in the Airport west area. Normally I'd be at the Delta, but I've joined Starwood recently and the Delta charges for parking. Parking is free here.

I should have checked the hotel for special conditions.

When I walked in it looked like a bomb had gone off in the lobby as they were in the middle of their renovations. It definitely gave me a skewed impression of the place (which probably isn't fair). That said, the staff at the "front desk" (a temp table), were very wecoming and apologetic about the appearance of the hotel.

The room itself was pretty standard for a Four Points. The internet was free. The room was clean. I didn't find it overly noisy. Basic bathroom amenities. Fairly comfortable bed. I did not partake in any room service or the like.

The business area was also under renovation so the front desk allowed me to print a few things off of their computer. I thought that was pretty nice.

Overall, I though the service was very good (for the amount of interaction I had with them) and the value for the room (<90) was worth the money. The lobby was definitely a shocker but once completed I might take a look again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
fpmississauga, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2011

Dear hotel Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback with regards to our service,It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Four Points Toronto Mississsauga for your future travel needs.
We are at the end of our renovations and hope we will have the opportunity to welocome you back to our newly renovated Four Points Toronto Missisauga.
Best Regards

Errol Gilhooly

Reviewed January 9, 2011

We were delayed because of a late takeoff from our point of origin. Air Canada gave us a voucher for this hotel. Unfortunately they did not notify the hotel of how many people were given vouchers and so when we arrived they were not sure if we had a room.

While they double checked for the last available room they held their restaurant open late for us to be able to eat something which was greatly appreciated. Their restaurant and lobby renovations are nearly complete and our room was nicely renovated as well. The renovations make this hotel more modern but still cozy. I cannot rate the sleep quality as great as we had to be out of the room after 3 hours of zzz's to catch a flight.

We got our wake up call on time and all the staff were pleasant despite being stretched by the circumstances that Air Canada caused (likely a good idea to check with the hotel first before sending customers there). I would recommend this hotel for a business stay or a lay over in Toronto. The shuttle service would be my only low point of the limited stay as we waited 1.5 hours before taking a cab to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this Four Points in December for one night. We wanted a hotel near the Toronto Airport since we had to be at the airport by 7:00 a.m. Originally we had reservations at the Sheraton on the airport grounds, but since the rate at the Four Points was almost 50% less than the Sheraton, and it was only for one night, we decided to stay at the Four Points.

Other reviewers and the hotel website says this hotel is under renovation. This is not a small renovation, it looks like they are renovating the entire hotel.

Checking In:
After driving in from Niagara Falls, my wife and I arrived at the Four Points at about 2:00 in the afternoon. From the outside the hotel looks very nice. It is located in a industrial area with several business around. I did not see any restaurants/food markets within walking distance. When we entered the lobby, we were taken aback because there was no lobby. Instead it was a construction zone. There was ladders all over the place, construction workers, the ceiling was not there, several scaffolds, and there was construction dust all over the place. My wife and I stood there for a second and we were approched by a very nice worker asked if we needed help. We told him that we wanted to check in. He took us to an area next to the front entrance and there was a little desk and computer. The little desk was the front desk. He checked us in and there was also the machine to program the room keys. I could tell the person was trying his very best to make this situation better. He knew how unusual it was to be working from a little desk with all of the construction going on. He informed us that due to the construction the pool was closed, which was okay for us. After giving us the keys, he directed us to the elevator.

Elevators:
The hotel has two elevators, but because of the renovation only one was working because the other elevator was being used by the workers. And even with that, the construction workers were still using the one for the guests, which made the wait longer. Plus since they were in the elevator, my wife and I had to wait until they got off at their floor and the elevator to come back for us. When we entered the elevator, the funny thing was some of the floor numbers on the buttons was upside down. It seems it came off and someone placed them upside down.

Room:
The room we were assigned had a view of the street and in a distance could see the airport. At night we did not hear any of the traffic or the planes. The room had a "old style" television (not a flat screen) and some of the drawers, in the cabinet that held the tv, was missing. Also some of the drawers that I could place clothes in, was very dirty. The internet service in the room was very good. The faucet for the tub was dripping.

After freshing up a little, my wife and I was watching television and we could hear a tapping sound from the next room. My guess is the room was being renovated and the construction workers was tapping something. Since the noise was very annoying, my wife and I decided to head out and go to downtown Toronto for an early dinner and catch a hockey game. We arrived back to the hotel at about 10:00 p.m. By that time, the construction workers had left.

The next morning, my wife and I left at around 6:30 a.m. and about 10 minutes later were at the airport. Checking out was no problem, probably because there was only us two.

Pros:
- No charge for parking.
- No charge for internet service. Plus it was very quick.
- Friendly staff

Cons:
Most of my cons is tied in with the renovation, so it's tough to blame the staff.

I do question why the hotel was still opened. I understand they have to stay open to make money, but walking into the lobby was like walking into a house that is still being built with all of the hazards of a construction project. The hotel satisfied what my wife and I was looking for, a bed to sleep in, close to the airport, free parking, and free internet.

I truly believe once the renovation for the rooms and the other areas are complete, this Four Points would be a very nice place to stay and I would recommend it. However, until then, I would strongly recommend someplace else to stay. If you don't mind the construction going on, not having all of the facilities to use, etc, then this hotel should be okay. I would call them just to make sure what you want is still working.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
TimGeneralManager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It was quite a challenge renovating our entire lobby entrances while maintaining our usual atmosphere. All efforts were made to ensure safety at all times, but it is the most difficult area to renovate. We hope you try us again when our renovation is complete. We expect most areas will be complete by the end of Jan 2011.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Recently stayed in this hotel for a business visit and had a positive impression of the hotel thanks to the great service of the 2 young persons at the reception, despite the fact that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation. The hotel is located close to the Toronto pearson airport. I thought it would be a noisy place to stay because of the airplanes, but that was not the case. Still, the first room I got was located on the street side and that caused quite some noise due to the heavy traffic. When I returned to the reception desk and asked if the hotel was fully booked, I was told no, so I then asked for a room change. That was not a problem. I was immediately given a new room at the back of the hotel and that made quite a difference.
The free internet comes in handy if you need to complete some business.
The food was acceptable, but nothing special. Free parking in Toronto is not always easy to find either.
The rooms of the hotel are acceptable, clean, but do need an upgrade (old TV's, wall paper, etc.). That's exactly what's being done and I woudn't mind to stay at this hotel when the renovations are complete.
Had a good stay overall, but as usual, if you don't ask for something, you won't get it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
TimGeneralManager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are really excited to reveal our fully renovated facility. We are expected to be done soon. Just a note, that traffic in the area quiets down substantially in the evenings, so noise levels drop accordingly overnight. We are also not under a flight path so it is very quiet in the area usually.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The first time I stayed here I had an issue with my room with the water not draining properly. I called their customer service line and within a day received a response from their customer service line. They apologized and offered a discount on my next stay. I said that I was traveling for my honeymoon shortly and they offered me:

- free parking for the week
- an executive suite
- free shuttle service (if our flight arrived after hours, they offered to pay for a taxi to the hotel from the airport)
- free breakfast

They delivered on all aspects of what they promised and even had a bottle of champagne, fresh fruit with chocolate dipped strawberries, and a congratulations card. Very well presented, very high attention to detail.

I figured there was a reason for the issue during my first time and I am glad that I gave them a chance to correct the issue. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We are currently under complete renovations and look forward to showing off our new facilities soon.