“Shuttle is never on time!!, Hotel needs some work.”

Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
Ranked #28 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Florida
“Shuttle is never on time!!, Hotel needs some work.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We actually missed our flight due to the shuttle, we came down early and we're told the the shuttle would be here in about 15 min, waited for more than one hour and no sign of it. We made it to the airport but we were 10 min late and paid a change flight fee.
This also happened coming in, the shuttle was more than 30 min late.
The hotel it self is ok, the rooms were clean but needs a little upgrading, especially the bathroom, the toilette needs to be changed, way too small.
I would go some where else next time.
There are a few Four Points close to the airport, so make sure you know which one you're getting, this one was at least 10 mins away on Dixie Rd.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank trainaholic
TimGeneralManager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback. We offer a complimentary scheduled shuttle service. Traffic can cause delays on occasion, as well as long lines at the airport itself. It is a good idea to give yourself lots of time when connecting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Airport West, located on Dixie Road in Toronto, Ontario.
I can honestly say I had one of the worst experiences of my life there. The staff was rude and belittled us almost every interaction. Heres a re-cap of my experience.
There was three of us staying at the hotel, all three of us having worked at the Anime North Convention at the Toronto Congress Centre. We arrived late, still in costume, and we went to check in.
We had called to make our reservations a few weeks in advance. We had made it for four people, and recieved an email stating our total was $109.25/night. We told the person on the phone that we wanted to pay in cash, and we were just giving them the credit card number to hold it. They told us that was no problem whatsoever, the card would not be charged and we would have to pay on checkout.
Two days before our reservation I called to find out what time the pool, exercise room and sauna closed at. They told me they were 24 hours, and that was that.
The day before we called to tell them one person had backed out and the reservation was now for 3, since there is a ten dollar guest fee for every person after 2. We ask for an updated email and they said fine and hung up on us. We never receive an email.
We checked in close to 11 o'clock Friday night. Two men are working and they immediately swipe our credit card and state loudly its been declined. We tell them that we are paying cash, and they said that's fine but they still charge it to the credit card and then give it back when we pay in cash at checkout. We state we only want to pay in cash and they roll their eyes at us and tell us its a hundred dollar deposit on top of our room price. We ask why were never told that and they state that we probably were and repeatedly say, "It's policy, it's policy." After we manage to come up with the deposit, they tell us our room price is $123. We state that we were emailed that it was only $109, and that we took a person off so it should be ten dollars less than that. They say quote, "Those are taxes. This is Canada, everything has taxes.", in a very belittling voice. We pay and head up to our room, number 804. Other than the bathtub being stained and the beds being a little hard, the room was okay.
About an hour later we decide to go downstairs to use the pool, only to find that while the pool is working, the sauna and whirlpool are under renovation, and completely blocked off. Why we weren't told this when reservations were made, or even when I called to check on the hours of the amenites, I'll never know.
We swim in the over-chlorinated pool for a while and immediately after getting out discover a small rash spreading on us. We rinse off and go to bed. We could hear other people talking and laughing and we had trouble falling asleep.
The next day we prepare for day two of Anime North. I make the coffee that was in the room and find I need to call down for sugar and cream. I get coffee into me and start to get ready and as I am brushing my teeth, the tile overhead comes crashing down. I yelp, and my two roommates come running.
We decide to check out, since we were running late. I was scanning the room to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything and the maid walks in to inspect. She walks out, I walk out and she states loudly on the phone in the hall that there was still someone in the room, that they were leaving and she'd make sure that I "didn't destroy or steal anything" and call back.
I get downstairs and my roommates have told the front desk about the incident in the bathroom. He suggests we broke it and accuses us of partying in the room. He suggestively threatens to keep the security deposit if we were to pursue anything about the ceiling tile. Being late as it is, we leave.
I can assure you that everyone I know will be informed about our complete dissatisfaction in this hotel. We were belittled, threatened, and in my case, injured. None of us will stay at any Four Points, Starwood or even anything by Sheraton ever again. I recommend to every traveller that, for the sake of their sanity and pocketbook, do NOT stay there.

Leslie Prince

3 Thank leahhavok
Thank you very much for your review. Please contact us if we can be of service to you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

the room is small
the room I booked is "sold out": how could this be possible?
I later stayed at the nearby Best Western and it is way better.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pitt_james
TimGeneralManager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
I am sorry we were sold out on this occasion. We hope you stay with us next time you visit the Toronto Airport area. If there was a mix-up with your reservation, please contact the hotel directly so that we can resolve the issue for you.
New Westminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

I recommend this hotel for anyone travelling on business. I just returned after staying 3 nights and everything was great. A very friendly and helpful check-in, very comfortable bed, and I appreciate the free parking and internet.
Trying to think if there was anything negative and can't really come up with anything. It really is a great little hotel and I will be back again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words of praise. We appreciate your feedback.
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I was sent there by an airline because I missed a connection. When I arrived I bought some snacks and drinks at the small shop, and was told the price was $25. I tried to pay cash but when I asked to get a receipt I was told I cannot get one. If I want a record, I need to charge the purchase to the room. I did. In the morning I found a charge of $31 including $8 for "miscellanesous"... Very bad experience. Dishonesty.

2 Thank Reuel_Tidhar
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am very sorry for any misunderstanding. Cash receipts from our sundry shop are readily available so I am not sure what may have happened on this occasion. I will review your comments with our Front Office staff.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

The hotel has a moldy smell and the rooms were not clean. They are renovating so that may improve things.

We did have a good breakfast in the restaurant but they seemed to be understaffed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank jennylaika
TimGeneralManager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of completely renovating our facility. I am truly sorry if you found any aspect of our hotel unclean. I will review your comments with our housekeeping team.
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

I reserved a room for my boss for one night at this hotel. He inadvertently went to the Sheraton Gateway. Once he realized his mistake, he decided to stay at the Gateway and asked the Front Desk there to call the Sheraton Airport West and cancel the reservation I had made for him . The Sheraton Gateway called the Sheraton Airport West and was told that there was no record of a reservation at the Sheraton Airport West for my boss. Strange, but, okay then. When he returned from his trip, he asked me to call to confirm that he would not be charged for a night at the Sheraton Airport West. So, I called and was told by Monica, "the most experienced agent available" (according to HER) that nobody every called to cancel his reservation and that it happens often that the other Sheraton's call the wrong hotel because there are about six of them in that general area. And, that although they are all SHERATON'S, they are owned by different franchises, and therefore.......he will be charged for his no-show on that date. I have had issues with "no show" charges before, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of the hotels gave credit back....because they want the CUSTOMER BACK! I did tell The Most Experienced Agent Ever that our company will make sure we NEVER stay at a Sheraton again....and I can make sure that happens because I am the Most Experienced Administrator Ever!

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank esva2015
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is important to always retain a confirmation number and quote this number when you are calling. I am terribly sorry for the mix-up on this occasion and if Monika offended you in any way. I would be happy to resolve the issue if you would contact the hotel.